Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:19 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Dave in the past made a habit out of going out of his way to bash Sammy in the past, and Sammy bashed Dave as well but he didn't go out of his way to do it.
    With that said, could Dave be using the fan's "higher interest" in Sammy for his own gain?
    Sammy has generated more airplay as a solo artist throughout his career and more recently than Dave has.
    Is Dave using the exposure he is getting by touring with Sammy to push the sales of his DVD?
    If 12-18 thousand people attend their shows, what percentage of them will actually be buying "Dave's Funniest Home Videos"?
    And is Bob Saget narrarating it?

Whether the dvd sucks or not is a matter of personal opinion, the "Dave-a-holics" will say its the best thing since Fair Warning, while the Dave bashers will say its the worst thing since Ishtar. The best reviews will likely come from the REAL Van Halen fans, (the ones that love all the music), they will be the ones without bias.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Banned!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Eddymon:
    Whether the dvd sucks or not is a matter of personal opinion, the "Dave-a-holics" will say its the best thing since Fair Warning...

Well, you are wrong, Eddymon. Most of the Roth-a-holics I've talked to and most of the Roth-a-holics that post on these message boards think that most of what has been previewed from the DVD SUCKS. Including myself.[/qb]

The best reviews will likely come from the REAL Van Halen fans, (the ones that love all the music), they will be the ones without bias.
    The "REAL" fans, huh? I consider myself a fan of the "REAL" Van Halen. I guess that makes me a "REAL" fan.

The DVD will fail or succeed based on its own merits. Sammy Hagar will have ZERO to do with sales.

[ May 18, 2002, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: The Mighty STR ]

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:19 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Indirectly Sammy will have something to do with how many sales Dave has of his dvd.
    If the tour goes well and they add more dates, then yes, alot more people will go to see Dave that wouldn't even bother if it were just another DLR Band show alone.
    Dave would be left to playing the "Cow-a-pa-loo-za's" in Wyoming, the "Chow-da-pa-looza's" in New England, the "Cocaine-a-palooza's" in South Florida, and the "Dude, wheres my Car-a-pa-looza's" in So-Cal.

So by touring as the "Sans Halen Tour" with another former and possibly once again future lead singer of Van Halen, Sammy Hagar. He can reach a much greater audience than he would being an " Atomic Punks " tribute band playing clubs around America.

[ May 18, 2002, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Eddymon ]
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, to turn things around, is Sammy using Dave to sell more tequila?

Who knows. Who cares.

They're both gonna be rockin' their asses off. That's what counts. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

little guitars i \'spose
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Speaking of the "No Hold's BBQ", people are starting to sell VHS copies of it on EBAY. The only descriptions they are giving is that it's the strangest thing ever. Kind of like Stev Vai's "Flex-able", but in a video format.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eddymon:
    Dave in the past made a habit out of going out of his way to bash Sammy in the past, and Sammy bashed Dave as well but he didn't go out of his way to do it.

Entirely untrue. Dave never said a word about Sammy until well after Dave bashing became a staple of Van Hagar interviews.

With that said, could Dave be using the fan's "higher interest" in Sammy for his own gain?
    Sammy has generated more airplay as a solo artist throughout his career and more recently than Dave has.

His solo career before Van Hagar did well. Post 96, it's completely ridiculous to say he's doing better than Dave. Especially if you do the equal comparison of Dave 86 - 91 against Sammy 96 - 2001.

Is Dave using the exposure he is getting by touring with Sammy to push the sales of his DVD?

Is Sammy trying to sell his tequila to Dave fans? How is one question any more or less relevant than the other?

If 12-18 thousand people attend their shows, what percentage of them will actually be buying "Dave's Funniest Home Videos"?
    And is Bob Saget narrarating it?

No, but I have heard he'll be attending The Gorge show.... . Since I haven't seen Dave's DVD, I can't give a review of it. But if Dave is still tossing out copies at the end of the show, I'll be sure to get one and tell you all about it.

Whether the dvd sucks or not is a matter of personal opinion, the "Dave-a-holics" will say its the best thing since Fair Warning

Only if it is, which isn't likely.

while the Dave bashers will say its the worst thing since Ishtar

The best reviews will likely come from the REAL Van Halen fans, (the ones that love all the music), they will be the ones without bias.

Eddie sheep aren't biased??

That's funnier than any stupid rumor you ever came up with!
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Eddymon:
    Anyone who likes all the music just because it says Van Halen on the cover is a s***p, same goes for any band. If you happen to genuinely like the music, then that's another matter...

The best reviews will probably come from people who are honest about their OPINIONS whether Daveheads, Samheads or Heinekenheads.....of course a decent command of the English language, punctuation, grammar and a flair for descriptive writing will help too
    Delusions of eloquence

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Originally posted by FORD:
    Entirely untrue. Dave never said a word about Sammy until well after Dave bashing became a staple of Van Hagar interviews.
    It makes me think there should be some interesting stage banter on tour.

What has me scratching my head, though, is that whenever Gary is brought up to him Dave rags on him; a guy who's been completely supportive of a Classic VH reunion.

I don't really dig Gary (I certainly don't dig 3), but he's never talked shit about Dave.
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

And the question shouldn't be is Dave using Sam to sell more "DVDs" it should be is he using Sam to sell any?

I get the feeling that if he's tossing tapes of the thing at shows that's a sign that he's scrapped the idea of selling it. He knows the copies he's throwing will be copied and bootlegged.

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Down In Flames:
    I get the feeling that if he's tossing tapes of the thing at shows that's a sign that he's scrapped the idea of selling it. He knows the copies he's throwing will be copied and bootlegged.
    Good point.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 106 Times in 43 Posts

This thread is purely written to start trouble and does more to create "sides" than the music or people we are writing about. The false rumors were harmless, but this is rude....

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Woman and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bottom line each are using each other for their
    gains.To whom you favor is your choice.But
    I think this tour and if it get expanded is going
    to open up alot of opportunity in the future.So
    no matter the way you look at it they will both
    benefit from this.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Gee, another useless thread????

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
    Say what?

Take a minute and check these out, man...

Originally posted by The Mighty STR:
    Most of the Roth-a-holics I've talked to and most of the Roth-a-holics that post on these message boards think that most of what has been previewed from the DVD SUCKS. Including myself.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Eddymon:
    The "REAL" fans, huh? I consider myself a fan of the "REAL" Van Halen. I guess that makes me a "REAL" fan.

The DVD will fail or succeed based on its own merits. Sammy Hagar will have ZERO to do with sales. </font>[/QUOTE]
    Originally posted by Jonathan:
    Anyone who likes all the music just because it says Van Halen on the cover is a s***p, same goes for any band. If you happen to genuinely like the music, then that's another matter...

The best reviews will probably come from people who are honest about their OPINIONS whether Daveheads, Samheads or Heinekenheads.....of course a decent command of the English language, punctuation, grammar and a flair for descriptive writing will help too
    Originally posted by FlufferChick:

Who knows. Who cares.

They're both gonna be rockin' their asses off. That's what counts. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Originally posted by BRENT HEWITT:
    benefit from this.
    With posts like these, it's hard to understand (impossible, really) how this thread could be considered "useless."

It brought about an airing of interesting opinions.

Isn't that the idea?

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Down In Flames:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
    Say what?

Take a minute and check these out, man...

Originally posted by The Mighty STR:
    Most of the Roth-a-holics I've talked to and most of the Roth-a-holics that post on these message boards think that most of what has been previewed from the DVD SUCKS. Including myself.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Eddymon:

The DVD will fail or succeed based on its own merits. Sammy Hagar will have ZERO to do with sales. </font>[/QUOTE]
    Originally posted by Jonathan:

Originally posted by FlufferChick:

Who knows. Who cares.

Originally posted by BRENT HEWITT:
    benefit from this.
    With posts like these, it's hard to understand (impossible, really) how this thread could be considered "useless."

It brought about an airing of interesting opinions.

Isn't that the idea?
    </font>[/QUOTE]ok agreed...but we know there is business and curiosity invloved, we know the tour will kick ass.....can't wait!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]