Register
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Too Hard To Choose
    Last Online

02.18.12 @ 07:21 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a question for most of you. What is the deal here people? Have most of you lost your minds?

As a Van Halen fan in general, I feel that this tour is am amazing thing! I remember the day I read Sammy's message on his web site about the possibility of this tour taking place. I nearly shat myself! Seeing the two greatest frontman (sorry Gary)from the group that I have been worshiping for most of my life (30 yrs)on the same stage, on the same night, in the same venue! It was almost too good to be true! Don't you all remember when you felt like that?

But today, the day after the first show, I am a little pissed off! Most of you that were lucky enough to witness what could quite possibly be one of only 20 times in history that this happens, and what do you do? Start slinging the mud and forget about this gift, this fantastic treat, that Sam and Dave have been so kind as to bury the hatchet, and give the FANS the second best thing that they could ever dream of!

From what I can gather from these reviews, Sam was Sam, and Dave was Dave! Sam has moved on to what makes him happy (Playing the songs that he feels best represent his whole music life), and Dave, as always, did what makes him happy (Doing the same thing as Sam)!

As for the cardboard version of Ed being on stage with Sam and the Drill vid before Poundcake, remember something people, Sam is working with Mike and Mike is still (from what we know)in Van Halen. This for the FANS says alot! Being that Sam has said that he would never want to do something that would put Mike in a bad position with the brothers!

Again, remember the wish that both Sam and Dave have granted us, and enjoy that show if you are lucky enough to witness. See you at the Gorge!

P.S. Twonabomer seems to have hit the nail on the head! WE WIN!!!!!!! Thanks TWONA!
    The Red Sox STILL SUCK!

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Let us all bow our heads and take a brief moment to count our blessings...
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Zahzoo:
    LOL!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

RIGHT NOW
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

AMEN
    NO,NO,NO DON'T TAKE EM OFF

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Unreleased Box Set, Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LOL ! Good one !! Except I'm not going anywhere near that little room with the curtain [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] .

Well, the guy's right , to some extent. That's how I felt about being there. But I guess it was also pretty "cool" to see an effigy of Ed getting physically & verbally abused, along with a video clip of his first mainstream guitar in a shop somewhere, being slowly reduced to sawdust. I really need to lighten up, I guess. After all, that was funny [sic] ! 'Guess it was a hoot too, when Sammy produced that pyrotechnic trumpet & some burning shit landed on someone in the first few rows. I saw his reaction (Oh shit !!) as he quickly sought out water to douse the concert goer.

Whatever...

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Don Kirschner Fan:
    Guess it was a hoot too, when Sammy produced that pyrotechnic trumpet & some burning shit landed on someone in the first few rows. I saw his reaction (Oh shit !!) as he quickly sought out water to douse the concert goer.
    i kinda saw the "oh shit" look, and the water, but i missed the rest. usually with stuff like that, they launch it toward an unused part of the stage...someone let us know if Sam uses that tomorrow, and if he doesn't, i guess we'll know why...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

DOA
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think this tour, even if short will have a profound impact on the upcoming year's events.

First off, the show proved to me (I was there) that Dave's still got "it". I can't believe it, but it's 100% true. I hadn't seen Dave since 1984 (I saw 8 shows in the Dave era, 15 in the Sammy Era, zero Dave Solo), and I truely didn't know what to expect.

He and his band blew me away. I can't believe a 50 year old man can "rock" this hard. Drive 7 hours to see Dave if you have to...he was that good!)

Hopefully word will get through to Eddie, how blown away the audiences are with Dave's abilities. I also think Dave's real goal is to keep impressing the VH brothers until they give in.

Another thing that this tour will show the VH brothers is how much better Dave is than Sammy.(no offence to the Red Rocker, he may be a pro, but he's not an "rock allstar" like Dave) This tour will act as a comparison tool for Eddie & Alex to finally see the possibilities.

Judging from last night, a reunion tour would be very powerful.

And it gave me a strange feeling that a reunion WILL HAPPEN.

Message to EVH & AVH..."show some respect and give Dave a call...he's going out of his way to show you guys he wants to move forward in good faith"

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

'Hope you're right, Subway !

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:37 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

why can't people bash if they want? who gives a good rat's ass man?! if someone has something negative to say about the show then cool, it's their right to.

i don't see how sam bashing an ed cut out and mocking him via the pundcake video has anything to do with the "fans". it sure has nothing to do with this fan. just shut up and play the fuckin music. if it's for the fans, just shut up and play yer guitar, that's it. we don't need to hear or see anyone's agenda. sam asked the brothers if they wanted to do this and they said no, oh well, fuckin move on. no need to beat a dead horse.

i'm going cuz it's gonna be rad to hear a large portion of a vh catalog in one night, it's rare, if ever seen anywhere at all. and if sam is up there makin an ass of himself and i'm payin 60 bucks to see it, i'm gonna say wtf is goin on?! dave will blow him off the stage every night anyhow so it don't matter

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yep, ditto like I said earlier; with this stuff happening first, I'm standing there rocking & thinkin: "Damn, Dave's probably gonna reaally jones on the bros', now....

And then the tone changed distinctively, and it was "Song for Song".

I was just very surprised by this stuff so public w/a party "feeling" I didn't think Sam needed to incorporate this; He didn't do this during the Marching to Mars Tour.....I just felt uncomfortable. It's also common to laugh when uncomfortable. Maybe..?

I'm also thinking mmebe the cutout belonged to the guy to "its" ( ) left, another dude in sunglasses, this night. 'Kinda hope so.....

And I'm not even rippin'

[ May 30, 2002, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: Don Kirschner Fan ]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

NE 'not in the setlist on opening night - 'Sorry, 'Chippy....

And welcome to The Links