Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

those were the words used by andrew over at www.melodicrock.com go and check it out for the latest on the dave/sam tour

for a guy who's supposed to have so much balls and be so good, why doesn't he wanna jam on stage with sam? that's a shitty move imo...

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t Get That Stuff No More
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The real reason DLR won't agree to an encore (at least not on a pre-determined, regular basis) is b/c the man is petrified of losing his voice. He never had much of a voice to begin with and age has taken its' toll.

Dave may be enthusiastic, but he's not stupid. If he agreed to get on the stage with Hagar every night AFTER doing his set, it is likely that he would get blown away simply b/c he could no longer do anything but whisper at the end of the night.

I really don't believe it's an ego thing except for the fact of his weak voice. If he's alright, he'd probably welcome Hagar on the stage, but he's not going to take any chances of looking silly in front of his fans, he already looks goofy enough with his hair plugs.
    DIAMOND MAFIA FOREVER!<br /><br />"...How many times can somebody lie 'till patience runs its course..."<br /><br />DAVE AND SAMMY '02...DARE I SAY, "THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH, PT. II"

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dave's never jammed with anybody. Hagar seems to show up at Cabo Wabo Cantina all the time to sit in with whoever's there, not to mention his duet with Melissa Etheridge on VH1 a few years back...jamming just ain't Dave's style...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yes it is has been stated that Dave has never done or been into the "jamming" thing....

That's also what he told Hagar....

Although I would love to see DLR get up there and jam!!!!!!

Nonetheless, it doesn't matter either way....

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I've gotten the feeling that Dave isn't really all that much of an improvisor. Winging it just isn't his style. I think he's a bit afraid of not having a wity remark or looking second best. It's too bad, because the interplay between him and Sam would be really cool to see. Maybe as the tour goes on things might change?

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

...when the mighty David Lee Roth waz playin' blues in all the local joints az a youngster, he played alone...personally I could really do without a Diamond Dave/Buffett jam... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what about david lee and travis tritt
    anyone remember that song cheatin heart cafe i think
    that was together..................................

[ April 30, 2002 at 09:24 PM: Message edited by: lefthandtapper ]</p>
    (( back up bitch! i missed the order box, move your ass back please , so i can order my food,((well if you would have pulled up to the right place in first place.,. look lady back the fuck up or im gonna cap your ass!! yeah uh ill take a#4 quarter pounder plain with cheese only.!!!! drive thru please !!

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

but Cheatin' Heart Cafe was scripted, not on-the-fly like an onstage pairing would be.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Unreleased Box Set, Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good responses to this thread. In order for these guys to jam, the approach would probably have to be slightly different. After all, both are vocalists first, although Sammy can burn on guitar.

Which gives us the next, and re. their egos, possibly least case scenario - that of a duet or trading off verses and such, much like we enjoyed the call-and-response type live stuff between Ed & Sam [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Is this what people are asking for ? The two singers sharing verses of tunes together ? 'Cuz it would also be cool to see Dave pick up the ole' harmonica & do some bluesy stuff w/Sam on guitar [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] . Mona or Mikey kicks in......

'Tough to see Dave with the Davesicle on with Sammy & his guitar, though. [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

how did a roth thread turn into a travis tritt thread..

vh land sure is a sad place right now

JMJ

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

blame that on lefthandtapper...

let's be honest, Dave's not gonna do an impersonation of Susan Dey on the Partridge Family and stand behind Hagar and play tamborine...

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

dave should come out from behind the stage when sam does his encore and bust into a rap..LMAO

JMJ

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by MikeL:
    I've gotten the feeling that Dave isn't really all that much of an improvisor. Winging it just isn't his style. I think he's a bit afraid of not having a wity remark or looking second best. It's too bad, because the interplay between him and Sam would be really cool to see. Maybe as the tour goes on things might change?
    Huh? What do you think Dave did in all the Van HALEN concerts? It was all about improvising, especially when he forgot the words (which was every night) and having witty remarks to pull the crowd in.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by Lou:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MikeL:
    Huh? What do you think Dave did in all the Van HALEN concerts? It was all about improvising, especially when he forgot the words (which was every night) and having witty remarks to pull the crowd in.</font>[/QUOTE]sheepah ladda peepah dabba lookah foh a moopy

i dunno, ask seenbad about it

JMJ [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Unreleased Box Set, Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Lou:
    [/qb]
    Huh? What do you think Dave did in all the Van HALEN concerts? It was all about improvising, especially when he forgot the words (which was every night) and having witty remarks to pull the crowd in.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Absolutely ! More like dialog [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]