Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is pretty funny. Sammy and DLR answer Entertainments "Stupid
    Questions"...

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,2...yhagar,00.html

And, for those of you with slow connections, or in case the link doesn't work:

Runnin’ With The Devils

Stupid questions with Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth. The Ex-Van Halen singers reunite (without Eddie!) by Dan Snierson

Nuttier than Letterman and Leno hosting a telethon together, more dangerous than Ellen attending Anne's baby shower, David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar -- those rival former singers of Van Halen -- are coheadlining a 20-city tour (each with his own sans-Eddie band) starting May 29 in Ohio. ''There's a little bit of unease about this, like a NASCAR race,'' notes Roth, 46. ''Are you here to see the winner or the crash?'' Or as Hagar, 54, puts it: ''It's not Billy and Elton -- it's Tyson and Lewis.'' In that spirit, we challenged both to a few raucous rounds of Q&A.

ROTH

EW On a scale of 1 to 11, how hard are you partying right now?
    DAVID LEE ROTH Let me look around...6? We got a gin and tonic going. And we got a little sex and violence on the television. That qualifies.

EW You once said that you want to: ''make music and sing and dance...make ya smile, make ya cry --and charge ya $8.50.'' So why do seats on this tour cost as much as $65?
    DLR You're saying I'm not worth it, homeboy? What you have here is an entire retrospective of a piece of Americana. I've got more hits than Beethoven. You know da-da-da-da [Beethoven's Fifth]. While you're struggling to hum the next one, I'm going to recite the index to your life: ''Hot for Teacher''...''California Girls''...''Jump''...

EW Looking back, do you regret the buttless pants?
    DLR It's more au courant than ever. I still have them. Don't you antagonize me -- I might just show up at your office wearin' 'em.

EW Just between us, whaddaya think the teacher's gonna look like this year?
    DLR She's gonna be a Korean grad student with dreadlocks, neoprimitive tattoos, and a tongue bolt. She does Tae-Bo three nights a week, speaks four languages, digs Timo Maas and Supa DJ Dmitry mixes but secretly knows every lyric to Big Daddy Diamond Dave's litany. She even knows what a litany is.

EW Which is the more poignant Van Halen lyric: Sammy's ''Only time will tell if we stand the test of time,'' or your ''Got an on-ramp comin' through my bedroom''?
    DLR Well, obviously what I speak ain't poetry. And if you thoroughly understand that, then you see the poetry in it. Sam seems to have repeated himself within the space of 18 syllables. I will forever be cursed as an artist, but he could become a congressman.

EW Is one ever too old to ride around the stage on a giant inflatable microphone?
    DLR Nevah. Just because you're young doesn't mean you rock. Look at Jon Secada.

EW What's Eddie doing as he's reading this interview?
    DLR I think he's talking to himself and his key words are probably: ''Uh-oh.''

EW Don't tell Sammy, but you were my favorite singer in Van Halen.
    DLR Oh, thank you much. That means a lot. God bless.

HAGAR

SAMMY HAGAR I'm lying down, I've got my f -- -in' feet up and you know what? That is a form of partying.

EW So...on a scale of 1 to 11?
    SH I'm on a 3.

EW Looking back, do you regret Dave's buttless pants?
    SH Yes. Even I wish he'd never done that. And it works to my advantage that he did. Dave's bold. He believes his own s---, let me tell you. If he brings that s--- out on this tour, I'm gonna have to sleep with the light on, man.

EW How many shots of your Cabo Wabo tequila does it take to wipe out the memory of that sleeveless yellow getup you wore in the "I Can't Drive 55" video?
    SH Actually, it took about four or five cases over the years to erase that.

EW What's harder: driving 55 or turning 55?
    SH Driving 55. Getting old's a piece of cake.... I got a car that I drive, a 427 Shelby. In third gear, at 85 miles an hour, if you just step on it, without popping the clutch, the wheels start smoking. How can you drive 55 miles an hour in a car like that?

EW Which is the more poignant Van Halen lyric: Your "Only time will tell if we stand the test of time," or Dave's "Got an on-ramp comin' through my bedroom"?
    SH Dave came up with some good lyrics, little clever lines like that. But none of them really meant anything. When you're in your 50s and up there singing, "I've got a freeway runnin' through my bedroom" or whatever the f--- that line was, it looks bad. Talking about the test of time--then you're talking about a true relationship and you can sing that when you're 50 years old.... I'm giving myself the edge.

EW Sammy, why can't this be love?
    SH [Sigh] I wish it could, but Dave's said a lot of bad things about me in the past.

EW Can it at least be...like?
    SH You know what? I can like him. He's an entertaining fellow.

SH He's thinking, "Boy, did I f--- up."

EW Don't tell Dave, but you were my favorite singer in Van Halen.
    SH Oh, right on. You have taste. Peace and love and happiness.
    (Posted:05/31/02)
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Eruption
    Light industrial complex on Eastern Seaboard
    Last Online

06.08.07 @ 12:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Vince G.:
    This is pretty funny. Sammy and DLR answer Entertainments "Stupid
    Questions"...

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,2...yhagar,00.html

And, for those of you with slow connections, or in case the link doesn't work:

Runnin’ With The Devils

Stupid questions with Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth. The Ex-Van Halen singers reunite (without Eddie!) by Dan Snierson

Nuttier than Letterman and Leno hosting a telethon together, more dangerous than Ellen attending Anne's baby shower, David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar -- those rival former singers of Van Halen -- are coheadlining a 20-city tour (each with his own sans-Eddie band) starting May 29 in Ohio. ''There's a little bit of unease about this, like a NASCAR race,'' notes Roth, 46. ''Are you here to see the winner or the crash?'' Or as Hagar, 54, puts it: ''It's not Billy and Elton -- it's Tyson and Lewis.'' In that spirit, we challenged both to a few raucous rounds of Q&A.

ROTH

DAVID LEE ROTH Let me look around...6? We got a gin and tonic going. And we got a little sex and violence on the television. That qualifies.

EW You once said that you want to: ''make music and sing and dance...make ya smile, make ya cry --and charge ya $8.50.'' So why do seats on this tour cost as much as $65?
    DLR You're saying I'm not worth it, homeboy? What you have here is an entire retrospective of a piece of Americana. I've got more hits than Beethoven. You know da-da-da-da [Beethoven's Fifth]. While you're struggling to hum the next one, I'm going to recite the index to your life: ''Hot for Teacher''...''California Girls''...''Jump''...

EW Looking back, do you regret the buttless pants?
    DLR It's more au courant than ever. I still have them. Don't you antagonize me -- I might just show up at your office wearin' 'em.

EW Just between us, whaddaya think the teacher's gonna look like this year?
    DLR She's gonna be a Korean grad student with dreadlocks, neoprimitive tattoos, and a tongue bolt. She does Tae-Bo three nights a week, speaks four languages, digs Timo Maas and Supa DJ Dmitry mixes but secretly knows every lyric to Big Daddy Diamond Dave's litany. She even knows what a litany is.

EW Which is the more poignant Van Halen lyric: Sammy's ''Only time will tell if we stand the test of time,'' or your ''Got an on-ramp comin' through my bedroom''?
    DLR Well, obviously what I speak ain't poetry. And if you thoroughly understand that, then you see the poetry in it. Sam seems to have repeated himself within the space of 18 syllables. I will forever be cursed as an artist, but he could become a congressman.

EW Is one ever too old to ride around the stage on a giant inflatable microphone?
    DLR Nevah. Just because you're young doesn't mean you rock. Look at Jon Secada.

DLR I think he's talking to himself and his key words are probably: ''Uh-oh.''

EW Don't tell Sammy, but you were my favorite singer in Van Halen.
    DLR Oh, thank you much. That means a lot. God bless.

HAGAR

SAMMY HAGAR I'm lying down, I've got my f -- -in' feet up and you know what? That is a form of partying.

EW So...on a scale of 1 to 11?
    SH I'm on a 3.

EW Looking back, do you regret Dave's buttless pants?
    SH Yes. Even I wish he'd never done that. And it works to my advantage that he did. Dave's bold. He believes his own s---, let me tell you. If he brings that s--- out on this tour, I'm gonna have to sleep with the light on, man.

EW How many shots of your Cabo Wabo tequila does it take to wipe out the memory of that sleeveless yellow getup you wore in the "I Can't Drive 55" video?
    SH Actually, it took about four or five cases over the years to erase that.

EW What's harder: driving 55 or turning 55?
    SH Driving 55. Getting old's a piece of cake.... I got a car that I drive, a 427 Shelby. In third gear, at 85 miles an hour, if you just step on it, without popping the clutch, the wheels start smoking. How can you drive 55 miles an hour in a car like that?

EW Which is the more poignant Van Halen lyric: Your "Only time will tell if we stand the test of time," or Dave's "Got an on-ramp comin' through my bedroom"?
    SH Dave came up with some good lyrics, little clever lines like that. But none of them really meant anything. When you're in your 50s and up there singing, "I've got a freeway runnin' through my bedroom" or whatever the f--- that line was, it looks bad. Talking about the test of time--then you're talking about a true relationship and you can sing that when you're 50 years old.... I'm giving myself the edge.

EW Sammy, why can't this be love?
    SH [Sigh] I wish it could, but Dave's said a lot of bad things about me in the past.

EW Can it at least be...like?
    SH You know what? I can like him. He's an entertaining fellow.

SH He's thinking, "Boy, did I f--- up."

EW Don't tell Dave, but you were my favorite singer in Van Halen.
    SH Oh, right on. You have taste. Peace and love and happiness.
    (Posted:05/31/02)
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhh thank you, Vinnie G!!! I laughed so hard I almost wet myself!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Up with Vinnie G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

poor dave, poor bald-headed dave. the same corny,stoopid,canned,rehearsed,non-spontaneous,sophmoric, "clever" poop he has been saying since the 70's. not a good song since then,not a new thought since then. poor,poor dave. [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] (magic hair)

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

SINNER\'S SWING
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

gotanyrogaine.............

you still having sex with your idol "Moby"? you guy make a real nice couple!! ha ha ha

you sir, are pure loser!
    TX7081040

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

wuzup with all the newbies around here????
    Eat Us and Smile!

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wondering the same thing hain...
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

SINNER\'S SWING
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the 'newbies' around here are trying to stop the 'over the edge sammy hagar' fans from providing a false picture which what is going on with the tour. many people are posting lies about the facts surrounding what is taking place at the shows. thank God for people like us; they keep 'certain others' properly in check.

i am more a roth fan than hagar, but i will not post any outright lies or distortions while i debate the matter.

i hope this post meets your approval as to its honesty and forthrightness.
    TX7081040