Register
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Outta love again, Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.12 @ 08:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For the record...I'm 29 years old, which translates into, I was a bit too young to see Van Halen with Roth. But, damn...I wish I had the chance. I've been hanging out at the forum for awhile now reading all the show reviews. Most are enjoyable reads, but all the Dave vs. Sam crap is way old already.

Here my two cents. Everyone will prefer one era over the other. Some will like both, but still like one over the other. Some will be completely anti-Dave or anti-Sammy.

Well, since the only Van halen I ever got to see was with Sammy, I guess no matter what I say, I will always be slighter more partial to Sam. However, having said that there is no way that I think the Van Hagar is superior to Van Halen with Roth. The Van Halen CD's that most frequently visit my cd player are the first six without a doubt. Followed by 5150, then maybe ou812. Even still after seeing two shows on this tour, I can only describe Dave in 2002 as being....odd. I'm sure if I were a chick I would have been way more into him. I still dug hearing all the old classics of course, and had the time of my life at the shows. But, who cares what I think?? Some prefer Dave, and that's cool. I just think he's way past his prime and I could not relate to his "I am the Rock god" personna.

But, hell, I respect him as a singer. I will always hear his voice blasting out of my stereo. And you know what, I would've liked to hear him do some more solo stuff like, Just like Paradise or "Damn good" (which is a fuckin' awesome song) My point is....Roth and Hagar fans should just enjoy the show, and knock off all the insults hurled at each other, and at each singer. This tour is for the fans, who have been dying to hear some of our favorite Van Halen songs from whichever era you prefer. And thanks to Sam and Dave this is as close as we can get for now. So, even though my heart wants Sam to get back with VH (only because he is who I grew up seeing with VH) At this point, I don't care. I just want one of them back so I can boldly proclaim that the best band in the world is back...and more importantly matters again!! Cheers to Sam and Dave!
    If you shake my hand better count your fingers - Mustaine

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

01.30.06 @ 10:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good Post! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

PEACE! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "You go there once, you'll be there twice" CABO WABO!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Eruption,HFT,Mean Street,Humans Being
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

This tour is called "The Undisputed Champs of Rock and Roll" for a reason. The rhetoric and vibe from day one has been that of a heavyweight fight; a competition. May the best man win mentality. Survival of the fittest. All the trash talking should be expected both by the competitors and the fans. I admit it gets juvenile at times but most of the reviews and opinions of the shows are valid.

My opinion is go ahead and talk your shit but you had better back it up. Just like Dave and Sam need to let there music and performances do the talking.

The Sam vs Dave dispute has been raging for 17 years and will never die. Don't even bother trying to quell it, just let it rage on.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Van Halen II, Fair Warning, 1984, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sammy rocks and is the better singer/performer. Dave is the original so people love him.

As for the name-calling/rivalry, it's a load of crap in my mind. The guys played on the rivalry to come up with a good marketing campaign, and as you can see, it has fools like us carrying on and on about who's better.

At this point in time Sammy is better, AND Dave is better. Mikey is better too. Edward and Alex are worse.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Get real Valdez, you KNOW the Van Hagar version was WAY better.

Van Halen with Roth was one of the best rock bands ever, but as is proven by the history, they were a band that streaked to the top, dominated for a short time, and suddenly went POOF!

Van Hagar had similar results. However, Sammy is a guy who seems to have been around forever and has proven to be an excellent songwriter over the years. Goddamn, the guy has been recording longer than you've been alive, Valdez!

So admit it. You ARE a Sammy fan.

It would've been cool to see VH in the Roth days, but you know, the singing probably woulda sucked.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[ August 26, 2002, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: Hobart5154 ]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Outta love again, Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.12 @ 08:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Hobart, you're right, I guess I am a Sam fan. But I would say I'm more of a fan dying to see Van Halen do SOMETHING!!! And if it's with Roth or Sam, I don't care at this point!

I won't admit that Van Halen was better with Sam though....I always find myself throwing in Fair Warning over Balance or F.U.C.K. Hell, I even play Diver Down a lot! My point was and still is...fans can appreciate both singers without all the dumbass name calling and fingerpointing.

And I do agree....Ed and all are doing "far worse"
    If you shake my hand better count your fingers - Mustaine

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:30 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Its an old battle thats been going on since 1985 folks. Its like herpes, just when you thought the pain and itch were gone, BAM its back stronger than ever.

Tomorrow night those lucky enough to be going to the Tweeter Center show will get a special treat.

You will get the best "SHOWMAN" Van Halen has ever had.
    You will get the best "SINGER" Van Halen has ever had.
    And you will get to see the biggest mistake but still the second best "SINGER" Van Halen has ever had.
    And oh yeah, you will also get to see the best "BACKGROUND SINGER" Van Halen has ever had.

Just 2 ingredients missing to this 6 piece rock & roll pie.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.