Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

DAVE:
    It was Dave's night. He was the Sun King. DLR's invincible rock crusade opened the festivities in what was a gathering of religious proportion. The audience was transfixed in worship of their majestic Lord, Dave taking the stage in glorious silhouette as the crimson summer sun descended behind him into the rolling mountains beyond the serpetine Columbia River.

His band was the epitome of cool: Guitars slung low, sweating chests bared to the warm evening breeze, and just the right taint of "I just had my dick sucked backstage" sleeze. For a moment I actually forgot Eddie VH existed as Dave's new guitar player tore into the opening riff of 'Mean Street'. The rhythm section was tighter than a Georgian nun's cunt, the drummer hitting the skins with ferocious, violent strikes.

Not only did Dave's voice sound like he just stepped out of a Van Halen II recording session in 1979, he was also in incredible physical condition. The crowd marvelled as he did several amazing acrobatic jumps off the drum riser that had the intoxicated audience hysterical in their reverence and adulation.

Even as David Lee Roth's testament came to an end after an all too brief ninety minutes, his disciples were begging him to keep the celebration rolling.

After a triumphant encore David Lee Roth left the stage the mighty conquering hero.

SAMMY HAGAR:
    After Dave's show the roadies put on an entertaining display of lightning-fast stage set-up.

It all went for shit from there.

Sammy's show opened with a video presentation of him waxing inane about empty and downright dumb Spinal Tap rock cliches, his mindless monologue fractured by solo Sammy and Van Hagar vidoes. Jeez, if I wanted to watch fuckin MTV I would've stayed back at the Travelodge.

Sammy came on stage looking like it was bedtime for bonzo. He was wearing a pair of yellow pajamas that looked even more ridiculous when he draped a fan's banner around his waist - then he looked like he was wearing a dress.

The set droned along flatly until he got to 'Eagles Cry' at which point any chance of musical recovery was obliterated. It was like Sammy was attempting a pathetic Yanni imitation, an imitation that sent the audience into a doze.

All in all Sammy's show had a sadly generic, clean cut, homogenous UN-rock n' roll feel. His band looks like they shop for their stage get-up at The Gap. It was like an Up With People Players slumber party. Even with the hired bikini clad dancers, Sammy's show exuded a kind of homosexual vibe. It that's what you're into then fine. Not what I paid 70 bucks for though. I wanna rock, baby.

Sorry, Sammy, all the volume, earnest prancing, and props in the world can't hide the tranparent fact that you simply don't rock. Hell, Van Halen with Gary Cherone at the Gorge in '98 even kicked Sammy's sorry ass from here to Neptune.

On June 29, 2002 at the Gorge in George, WA it was an early finish to the Dave Vs. Sammy conflict. We have a victor. That victor is categorically and uneuqivocally King Davie Lee Roth.
    ...what do you do when the bureaucracy that's supposed to help you...WANTS YOU DEAD? <a href="http://www.callumhouston.com" target="_blank">www.callumhouston.com</a>

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Moving this now to the Sam and Dave Tour forum. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Webmaster/Graphic Artist
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.13.15 @ 11:52 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Pathetic showing of a die-hard DLR fan just taking the opportunity to use his skepticism and roast Sammy. Sad.

~5150~
    The song ain't dirty it's really just the way we sing it...

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Whatever man. Everyone has their own opinion though, I guess. Sammy's show was a big party, just pure rock and roll. You know that there is a thread for each concert to post your review in, right?
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by 5150 Mean St:
    Pathetic showing of a die-hard DLR fan just taking the opportunity to use his skepticism and roast Sammy. Sad.

~5150~
    Why can't he have his own opinion of what he watched? Did you see the show? SAD. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.13.15 @ 11:52 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Opinions are one thing--taking it to the next level by roasting people with words and intentionally pissing off Sammy fans here just for the hell of it? That's sad.

Personally, I'm a fan of both eras. But seeing people flaming each other's favorite vocalists is getting pathetic. I've only read 1 or 2 reviews where people actually look at both singers objectively. All the rest are like this. Either favoring DLR, or favoring Sammy.

And it's sad--what can I say?

~5150~
    The song ain't dirty it's really just the way we sing it...

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

03.03.11 @ 01:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I guess when its bashing Sammy, its giving your opinion on what you saw and when its bashing Dave, its another typical, sammy loving sheep, posting lies. I only mention this because OU812MAX complained in another post about the Dave bashing. So I guess he doesnt mind when its bashing Sam( excuse me telling what you saw), its not bashing he's against, just bashing the mighty DLR. Thats good to know, always helps to clear up any confusion here [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    It's good to be the King or at least know him.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Simply an observation here, but boy have there been a lot of new posters here in the last few months or what? Good to see all you new folks here.

As for who likes this person and who likes that person, why not just leave it at THAT? I didn't see anything in his posts bashing YOU personally. He stated his BIASED opinion. Just leave it at that. Post your BIASED opinion if you wish to.

I am a huge DLR fan and if you read my sig, you will see that I proudly post "opinions" of other people I completely disagree with. I find them absolutely absurd (sp), but I didn't want to forget them.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Favorite VH Album

II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

11.23.15 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Dude the show was great but was it just me or was it 75% pro-Sam and 25% pro-Dave?

I loved the Dave show. Him being a showman and all but his show was done during the late light hours and Sams was at night which made it seem better but,Sam played only 16 songs to Daves 21 and Sam talked and talked and talked.Don't get me wrong i did dig the Poundcake video but SHUT UP AND PLAY!!!!!

Anyway here's to KING DAVE!!!!!!!
    and we do love you too JESTER SAM.
    No president puts joy in my life, but Van Halen puts joy in my ears.

Never pet a burning dog.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

03.03.11 @ 01:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Executioner, Thanks for the welcome [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] , I am fairly new to the board, and my earlier post was made tongue in cheek of course, but maybe it was out of bounds, so I'll stick to just my opinion instead of analysis of others from now on, takes up way less brain cells too (and i have to conserve the ones I have left)
    It's good to be the King or at least know him.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

DLR rules!