Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

row TT
    seats 13,14

very hard trying to order them online.. too many people on the server. had to call many times to get thru
    [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]
    Eat Us and Smile!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Dave
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the one
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm with yah Hain, what the fuck is with ticketmaster!!!! They are in business to sell tickets, you'd think they would have the capacity to do so...cost us about 20 minutes...almost didn't get them and some opened up

Section 206 Row LL....38th row and on the rail, quick bolt up to the stage when the lights dim.hehehehehehhe

Nothing but yeah!
    B.D.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

204, JJJ, seats 37 and 38. Go to ticket master right now. You'll be able to find better seats. Those fuckers. I found seats 10-12 rows up from us! It's bullshit! I was on at 10 oclock, and people buying tickets at 1 oclock will get better seats then us! I'm glad Im at the center though, I hate being way to the side. You can find seats in sec 101 now too, but those are too far off to the side.
    I am awesome

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:20 PM
    Liked 973 Times in 390 Posts

glad i read this. i'm goin down to the ticketmaster outlet then...

damn it...stress

secret service is now taking me to a secure ticketmaster location

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.23.05 @ 03:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Love ya guys, but Alpine went on sale 10 minutes early or atleast I was able to get on early or someting, anyway I got them bad boys in one second, row HH. I then tried for 20 minutes to get on for Tinley and had no luck. Then again Wisconsin is nice and they let youy tailgate. Look for my BIG RED MINIVAN with the stripes and the tall drunk fucker in his VHForums hockey jersey. I will have MGD and margarita's for all members asking, (WHILE SUPPLIES LAST)
    "Two Dicks WOW!" --Bonnie Bernstein

Existentially Uncertain Fontcow's Avatar
    Last Online

03.13.17 @ 07:58 PM
    Liked 868 Times in 463 Posts

Alpine tickets went on sale yesterday, Friday, at 12noon. It was just as jacked up at Ticketmaster yesterday for those tickets as it was today for the Tweeter tickets. I didn't buy tickets for either venue because they're so pricey and neither venue had much to get excited for once I got through. Looks like Peoria Civic Center next week! At least 70% of all tickets in an arena are good. I hate outdoor amphitheatres unless you can be in the first few sections in front of the stage. Call me picky, but after 20 years of seeing nearly 200 concerts, I will not pay $50 a ticket for seats way to the left or right of the stage that are "obstructed" (who built the Tweeter Center anyway!?) or the same amount for way in the back of the pavilion, which at the Tweeter Center, could mean there is a post 6 ft. wide between me and the stage. Uhhhhhgggg!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

My seats are pretty decent. I got row W, section 104. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

With the internet, you just have to keep trying to get through, and then keep trying until you get something good. I think they must just randomly pick a section and row. It took me an hour! "Best available," my ass. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    www.mayakuper.com

"VH rocked Staples like a foot rocks grapes in Naples." - mistere

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

the new ones...
    Last Online

06.01.16 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 25 Times in 9 Posts

section 206 row ZZ seats 47-49... fuck ticketdisaster...

well guys... about time to book and confirm my flight i guess

can you guys handle me some Chicago tips??? restaurants, parks... tourist stuff

f
    =\//-/= LIVE: once again, i'll make it!!!

Favorite VH Album

women and children first
    Favorite VH Song

humans being
    Last Online

02.10.12 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WOW LSynth, those are good! How'd you do that? get only 1 ticket?? We are in section 204 row LL which I THINK is the 1st row of the 204 section. I'l be in the WhoTF is Eddie shirt . Would have loved to be SUPER close to he stage, but HEY at least were there right [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "And the Cradle will Rock!"

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'll be about 12th row at alpine valley.
    Webmaster of <a href="http://www.VHVault.com" target="_blank">VHVault.com</a> , <a href="http://www.VHradio.com" target="_blank">VHRadio.com</a>

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Jerel:
    I'll be about 12th row at alpine valley.
    Bastard
    I am awesome

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Where and how big is the pillar that we are going to have to look around from 101?

Looking at the stage are the seats 10 to 11 or like the confirmation “11 to 10?”

“Rock on from there!”

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by RayBan:
    WOW LSynth, those are good! How'd you do that? get only 1 ticket?? We are in section 204 row LL which I THINK is the 1st row of the 204 section. I'l be in the WhoTF is Eddie shirt . Would have loved to be SUPER close to he stage, but HEY at least were there right [img]smile.gif[/img]
    No, I got 2, my sister and me. My friend who only got one ticket only got one row ahead of me. Remember, there's no rhyme or reason to the way TM spits out seats. It's a total lottery system. And that's bullshit, if you ask me.

Existentially Uncertain Fontcow's Avatar
    Last Online

03.13.17 @ 07:58 PM
    Liked 868 Times in 463 Posts

Originally posted by Lead Synth:
    Remember, there's no rhyme or reason to the way TM spits out seats. It's a total lottery system. And that's bullshit, if you ask me.
    Actually, there is a rhyme and reason it's just that ticket systems are imperfect. I will use the Tweeter Center for this example.

The system is setup to spit out seats in the order they deem ahead of time which is usually all the center section seats, which would be 102-104 and 204-205, then follows by spreading out to the outside sections. Now, before this even begins, there are tickets that have already been dished out to the promoters, the "band" and let's not forget radio stations like the Loop which was giving away tickets in the first five rows last weekend. So those tickets are already gone and not even available to begin with and it's difficult to discern what tickets are actually left when they go on sale to the public. So at 10 a.m., everybody on the Net and at Ticketmaster outlets (which are a lot of individuals trying to "jockey for position") are all hooked up and at 10am it starts spitting out seats to everyone. Once it spits out the seats, you have five minutes to decide whether you want to purchase them and/or get all your information like credit card number, etc., into the system to purchase said tickets (this is why the Ticketmaster "account" is a good idea). Or your Web browser crashes. Or the system is slow and your Web browser just sits and cranks and you get the error that the system is "busy". Lots of things can happen to waste five minutes and "void" the tickets you have secured for five minutes. Heck, once I mistyped my address by one number and was denied because they match that to make sure your credit card is good.

So let's say tickets go on sale, I get in before Lead Synth and am offered 104 and she gets in after me and is offered 204. I put in my information and either I do not get it done fast enough or my credit card is maxed and they don't accept it, or I make a mistake, etc., so the tickets go pack to the pool while Lead Synth refreshes her Web browser and viola! she gets the tickets I just had after they're released back to the pool of tickets. Remember, there's lots of people trying to buy tickets which is going to result in lots of errors and credit cards being denied that we don't know even know about in addition to the fact that some people just don't get the tickets fast enough during that 5 minutes you are allowed to "secure" such tickets. This has also happened to me, but luckily not during that frantic first hour of ticket sales. It could also be that someone at a Ticketmaster outlet has gotten 104 tickets, has given their credit card to the agent, they run the card, it's bogus or maxed and they're denied their purchase. Those tickets go back to the pool and the person in line after this person has to get into the system again because if they want 4 tickets instead of the 2 the person in front of them wanted but had their credit card denied then those 2 tickets go back to the pool and it starts all over again.

Anyway, that explains why we get offered 204 one minute and then the next you luckily get offered better tickets. It's an imperfect system and basically a "lottery" but your chances at the box office or ticket outlets are virtually the same except you're at the mercy of people in line in front of you and as we saw in another thread, outlets where the printers get fucked up and then you're delayed from even getting the system to work.