Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After reading the Hartford reviews I've come to the conclusion that a number of people here are hitting the crack pipe way too hard.

Simply put, if you say, "Dave sucks/blows, is awful, etc. on this tour," then there's 1 of 2 possiblities. 1) You're a crack whore. 2) You never liked Dave to begin with.

Here's the scoop: Dave sounds as good as he has in a number of years. I've been to the concerts. He's on. And the crowds more or less agree. Does he sound like the records? No, he doesn't. But it's still pretty fucking good.

Now, to be fair, those that say Sammy sucks/blows, etc. are also wrong. Or at least are stating that they never liked Sam. Sam sounds good and the crowds seem to agree, more or less. Though, he could ditch "Eagles Fly." That does thin the crowd a bit and certainly douses the "rockin'" vibe. But overall, even from a guy who's only a marginal Sam fan, he does a good show.

Saying that Sam (or Dave) was better or that Sam (or Dave) was a little off and not the greatest performance you've seen is ok. That's more or less subjective.

But seriously, you're doing the reviews misservices if you say that Dave (or Sam) flat out sucks. You're biased. Just fucking admit it. Don't say, "I like Dave but..." Start your Dave (or Sam) review by saying, "I'm a diehard Sam (Dave) fan who never liked Dave (Sam) and therefore I thought his set was awful."

At least then you might have a credible review.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i am trying to stay away from this damn message board because i just get pissed off- but it so addictive...

i agree- i posted a review - that was obviously roth biased- but i didn't dog the hell out of sammy- he sounded alright- and i am sure he gave his fans an awesome show... i am a big VH fan- and thought dave game me and the other fans there to see him an awesome show... no need to say i am a dave undy or whatever the hell it was- like mard said- i am openly a roth-head here- and of course my review is going to favor him- no need to beat me up for it- everyone's review is practically written before you even go to the show... VERY few people have written unbiased reviews - i am even weary of those... the only completely honest unbiased, unfavored, un-prejudiced review you will get is if you bring someone who has no idea who roth/hagar/VH are... otherwise- you are gonna' give a review favoring who you like best... not sure why i am wasting energy writing this nonsense today- still tired out from last night i guess... somebody pour water over my head- i need to wake up...
    zach sanders<br /><br />"My boy, we are pilgrims in an unholy land"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

11.15.17 @ 03:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Awesome posts, Pappy and 55starfire!

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

The Roth die-hards that say Sammy was "ok" or less ARE on crack. Sammy brings his best every night. I thought Roth was great in Raleigh (I am an equal fan of both eras), but I would honestly say Sammy was better because he tried harder and connected with the crowd better.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

a majority of the "Roth sucked dick and Sammy parted the heavens" reviews seem to come from first time posters

I know that I'm not on the Sammy bus, but I sure as hell didn't dog him on my Chicago review. As a matter of fact, my MVP for that show was Mikey! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

bottom line-neither one of these guys is putting on a sucky show(even if the first time posters and people with the word "Balance" and "Cabo" and "Red" in their screen names try to tell you otherwise)

I just prefer the old VH catalog [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    Eat Us and Smile!

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sammy sucks.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

AFU - Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

07.04.09 @ 09:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by hain23x:

bottom line-neither one of these guys is putting on a sucky show(even if the first time posters and people with the word "Balance" and "Cabo" and "Red" in their screen names try to tell you otherwise)
    Ouch! I hope your not calling me out.
    The 'Foot has landed.

Unchained
    Last Online

03.04.06 @ 06:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by hain23x:

You were not at the show last night, you could have not made that quote based on Roth's performance last night. Perhaps Roth was better in other venues. He took a great party atmosphere that Hagar created and he crashed and burnd it in 6 songs. I also agree that over all the Roth Era VH catolog is better. Even that great catolog could not save that train wreck last night.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

Originally posted by Vince:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by hain23x:

You were not at the show last night, you could have not made that quote based on Roth's performance last night. Perhaps Roth was better in other venues. He took a great party atmosphere that Hagar created and he crashed and burnd it in 6 songs. I also agree that over all the Roth Era VH catolog is better. Even that great catolog could not save that train wreck last night.</font>[/QUOTE]Dude, I KNEW you were going to hate Roth before you even went to the concert.
    How much is Sammy paying you for the PR??
    Eat Us and Smile!

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hagar doesn't have to pay me anything. He paid me by doing the great set he did last night. Instead of taking what you want and don't want as usual Hain, read all the posts from last night's concert. They speak for themselves. This was not a Sammy crowd either. All you needed was to be capable to see and hear. I was on the lawn in the Meadows. The total change in atmosphere was so aparent. At least a 3rd of the lawn population left through Roth's set.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

04.20.17 @ 08:49 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was on the lawn in the Meadows. The total change in atmosphere was so aparent. At least a 3rd of the lawn population left through Roth's set.
    The rain could have been a factor..????

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[set.[/qb][/QUOTE]The rain could have been a factor..????
    [/QB][/QUOTE]
    Your stretching Dan, it barley drizzled. The set drove people away.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

04.20.17 @ 08:49 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Vince, Question for you..
    How many times have you seen Roth live?
    The reason i ask is...well, He has always been subpar live in the voice dept.
    i kinda agree he needs to adapt a bit to his age, but Hey, I was 18 again for 90 minutes!!

[ August 23, 2002, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Danhalen2 ]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[set.
    The rain could have been a factor..????
    [/QB][/QUOTE]
    Your stretching Dan, it barley drizzled. The set drove people away.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Why do u keep saying set?? the set kicked ass, if u say that u are a fan of the old catalog, then u would love the set. U didnt like the show, so just say that the show is what drove people away cause it sure as hell wasnt the set.
    Roths setlist is the greatest hits and sammy's show is good but his setlist is nothing, nothing compared to roths, and no one can argue with that. Keep in mind that i said set, not show.
    Lets Hope VH gets some Sensible Shoes that lead them back to Dave.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:24 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

At first, I wasn't going to respond to the first post but I think I have to. When people review a show, they are stating an OPINION about what they saw. I became a fan of the band in 1984 at the age of 12. I wasn't old enough to go to the concerts so I missed out on seeing VH with DLR. I have seen enough bootlegs to understand what Dave is about in concert. I though in my review of the Hartford show that I was pretty honest about what I saw. If people want to say that Dave sucked or Sammy sucked, let them. It's their opinion. Plus, if you have read most of the reviews throughout this tour, most of them have been pretty dead-on.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com