Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's a full report:
    He apologized for running late because he and Mike had been jamming and partying in Vegas. When asked if Mike would join him on the exHalen tour, he said probably not - he just hopes the brothers don't tie him (Mike) up, gag him and stuff him in the trunk of a car.
    He said the tour is for the fans which is what the brothers should be doing.
    He said both he and Dave will have a full set/stage/light show regardless of who opens. When Sammy opens, they'll play a video montage of his career before he hits the stage. He called the tour "one great big rock-n-roll fest."
    When a caller ask who is headlining the Dallas show (she was hoping Sammy would), he said "unfortunately I'm opening in Dallas . . . unfortunately for Dave!" He said Dave is an OK guy - not his first choice as a friend, but for a rock-n-roll show he is his first choice.
    Funny moment: When asked about his set list he said "On this tour with Van Halen..." He and the DJ both laughed.
    That was about it. Nothing new, but we're all used to that by now aren't we.
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

Sammy's still a little heavy - did it break?
    j/k - thanks for the report!

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:53 PM
    Liked 1,484 Times in 905 Posts

I like the part where Sammy "said Dave is an OK guy - not his first choice as a friend, but for a rock-n-roll show he is his first choice."

Eddie and Alex should read that quote. You don't need to be friends with Dave but you do need him fronting your band. The man is the ultimate showman no doubt about it.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,085 Times in 727 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by P1:

When a caller ask who is headlining the Dallas show (she was hoping Sammy would), he said "unfortunately I'm opening in Dallas . . . unfortunately for Dave!"
    Sam makes a good point. Everyone's worried about who "headlines" the show but if the first guy on really kicks ass, then that makes it a tough act to follow for the "headliner". This is going to be an interesting tour what with Dave and Sammy fans getting together. Don't assume that they're all the same. There'll be some overlap but some Sam fans don't like Dave and visa versa. Can you just picture FORD sitting thru some of Sam's, uh, slower stuff? It'll be interesting to see if any fans cut out from the show after the first guy goes off. Not me of course, but I may be spending more time at the Beer stand.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Elwood P.:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by P1:

When a caller ask who is headlining the Dallas show (she was hoping Sammy would), he said "unfortunately I'm opening in Dallas . . . unfortunately for Dave!"
    Sam makes a good point. Everyone's worried about who "headlines" the show but if the first guy on really kicks ass, then that makes it a tough act to follow for the "headliner". This is going to be an interesting tour what with Dave and Sammy fans getting together. Don't assume that they're all the same. There'll be some overlap but some Sam fans don't like Dave and visa versa. Can you just picture FORD sitting thru some of Sam's, uh, slower stuff? It'll be interesting to see if any fans cut out from the show after the first guy goes off. Not me of course, but I may be spending more time at the Beer stand.</font>[/QUOTE]I think there is a lot of overlap. I, for one, love both kinds of =\//-/=

[ May 21, 2002, 07:26 AM: Message edited by: dirtymovies ]

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

02.17.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm surprised Sammy didn't choose Dallas as one of his shows to close. Dallas is all Hagar country. The man is a legend in Texas!

Van Hagar even did a free show there once because Hagar lost his voice, so the band just played with no vocals. Sammy made it up by giving a free VHgr show several months later.
    If you want a little peace, sometimes you got to fight
    We got to walk through the darkness
    Before we stand in the light.
    -S. Hagar

http://www.chickenfoot.us/

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

Premium Member
    They alternate each night as to who closes so it just worked out that way.

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

Premium Member
    Originally posted by dirtymovies:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Elwood P.:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by P1:

Sam makes a good point. Everyone's worried about who "headlines" the show but if the first guy on really kicks ass, then that makes it a tough act to follow for the "headliner". This is going to be an interesting tour what with Dave and Sammy fans getting together. Don't assume that they're all the same. There'll be some overlap but some Sam fans don't like Dave and visa versa. Can you just picture FORD sitting thru some of Sam's, uh, slower stuff? It'll be interesting to see if any fans cut out from the show after the first guy goes off. Not me of course, but I may be spending more time at the Beer stand.</font>[/QUOTE]I think there is a lot of overlap. I, for one, love both kinds of =\//-/=</font>[/QUOTE]Well I don't mean they'll be fistfights or anything but all you have to do is read the forums here and see that there are bashers on both side. Though I prefer Dave myself, I'm a Sammy fan as well.

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It looks like the flip worked out so that Sammy opens in all of his strong areas.

St. Louis, his "hometown," Cincinnati (which will have a strong draw from Dayton, a much more Sammy-pro region than Cincy), Dallas, etc.

That could be bad news for Roth if Sammy's fans are half as intolerant as some Dave people I know
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If Sam's opening Dallas, that mean's he's closing Houston! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]