Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:35 PM
    Liked 11,563 Times in 4,929 Posts

Ok we got 15 songs up from Dave's set on 6/1/02, thanks to Hain. This isn't the entire set, the last 3 or 4 songs I don't have yet, I might in the future.

Enjoy!

http://www.vhlinks.com/pages/downloads.html
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you Brett and Hain! Unbelieveably awesome!
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:37 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

dave sounds like shit

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i'm not getting a good vibe from this, maybe its the recording but dave sounds way off.

i'm curious to hear what he really sounds like these days live.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 02:08 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I was at the show at Tinley Park, and this does sound a little distorted. I also remember that the mix was a little muddy too. Dave did sound better than this live.

-Boston

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was at this concert as well. Hain did a great job with the tracks; The concert sounds better with his recording than it did being there.

Tinley is notorious for bad sound setups, the Sam and Dave concert was no exception. Dave's set was probably the worst I have ever heard there. Sam's was a distant second. Compare the sound on the tracks posted for Sam's set with the ones for Dave. Sam's got a good sound, you can hear the band, there is a mix. Dave's band sounds like its inside a cardboard box that he's standing on.

The sound setup at the venue is tricky. The place is built for festival seating. If you are seated under the boxes (I think Hain stated he was under these) you have to deal with some pretty awful reverb, and the band is really muddy. I think sound guys have a tough time not overdriving the mix because they have to reach the festival seats on the grass from behind a three story steel structure. I have had tickets for general seating and when I do I end up out on the grass just because the band sounds so poor under there.

It has been mentioned that the closing act seems to be a little louder than the opener at these concerts. Dave closed Tinley, and he was definitely louder. The louder you get at this joint, the worse things get if you are seated in the main seating area. I was in a box above the general seating area, and the sound there was horrible when Dave took the stage. You couldn't make out the music really, just really loud noise. After a bit they seemed to tone down the bass section and that settled down the audio a bit. It was never really on throughout the entire concert. Dave's channel was always way too loud for the rest of the band, and these tracks pretty much back that up. We went out on the grass and it was way better, but by then the concert was almost over.

To add to all of this, I think when this tour got started Dave and his band were not really getting it done. They were totally out of sync on Panama, listen to the nonsense around 3:00 into the track. They didn't know where Dave was goin, Dave didn't know where they were going. Dave picks up the song before the band, then they pause and he doesn't.

It seems that the reviews get better for him as the tour moves along. I wonder if Dave and his boys really weren't ready to do this thing together when the tour got started.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

im the one sounds incredible,,,of course the sound is crap but dave sounds great,hits a killer scream-band sounds tight....

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

dave sounds better then ever on atomic punk,killer scream just before the solo....
    He just nails it-some people just will never be happy.Why would you come to a vh website to rag on the original singer for doin an amazing rendition of a vh song....Check out the scream after the first time he says atomic punk---If you wanna blame the sound quality then dont listen to bootlegs and by the new nsync----the playing and singing is stellar

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wow,check out the scream at 2 28 of dance the night away,or all through runnin with the devil,I have read reviews of this show say davedidnt even try to do the screams,,,damn-i dont understand why people would flat out lie about a show....if they dont like him so much why would they take the time to come to a vh site and do a a review,,,oh well--this proves it---dave is da man,,,,,Killer bootleg for fans of the classic era-sounds as good as the early fresno show 78/79

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.28.08 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Compared to the Atlanta show Dave sounds off. I know its going to happen on a tour though. I may be one of the biggest Dave fans of all time, but I can listen objectively to stuff. Seemed to me that Yankee Rose might be the best performance of the night for Dave.
    Eat Us and Smile...yeah we're still around.

Roth Army Webmaster
    http://www.rotharmy.com

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

Umm...I don't know what you guys are hearing...I know a lot of people are old here...TEEHEE, but Dave sounds fantastic! This is the best I've EVER heard him sing at a concert...Also, the screams suck. That's the only bad thing I've noticed. This isn't the best recording, but listen to it with headphones. There are NO flubs with the high notes. "Atomic Punk" is no problem. "Little Dreamer" has such clear vocals from Dave, he doesn't even sound real! I've been a critic of Dave for awhile and those radio clips made me think he was done forever, but I don't know what happened...His voice is VERY STRONG here.

Thanks Hain and Brett and anyone else who helped! You guys rock!

[ June 15, 2002, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: NOaverageJOE ]

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i love the screams,,,,oh well,cant please all the people all the time--but i agree that dave sounds better then on most of the boots ive heard....

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.28.08 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What I'm saying is this isn't as good of a show as when I saw him in Atlanta...I'm not saying it sucks. I've heard VH boots where Dave sounds MUCH worse than any of this. To me this show seems hurried....but hey, it's still good.
    Eat Us and Smile...yeah we're still around.

Roth Army Webmaster
    http://www.rotharmy.com

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All I can say is thanks guys, for posting both sets, especially DLR!

Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

okay, cool to know its a bad recording/sound setup situation.