Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you ever cruise over to the trailer park of web sites known as the DLR Army you will notice how much hostility there is towards Sammy over there. Now I have no problem with people prefering one former VH frontman to the other, but Dave fans seem almost fanatical in their hatred for anyone but Dave. Why? Dave had a successful career a long time ago with Van Halen, but after that everything went downhill for the guy. I've told a lot of people about this new tour and most of them responded in amazement that Dave was still around, a couple of friends even thought he had died! So why are Dave fans so fanatically loyal to him? Nothing he has ever done is that impressive, and neither is anything Sammy has ever done, they were only great when thay did their thing with Van Halen. But only Dave fans seems to really think he's still cool, or talented. Dave fans remind me of Star Wars fans that try to convince everyone that 'The Phantom Menance' was awesome! It, like Dave, had some good elements, but lacked depth.

[ April 22, 2002 at 02:47 AM: Message edited by: EricDaniel ]</p>

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I am a Dave fan, but I like Sammy. I think Dave fans are just more boisterious than Sammy fans and there are alot more DLR fans than SH fans.

You must remember something DLR is the original singer and many of us have followed VH for many years. Long before Sammy came into the picture.

BTW, I'm not a prick

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

vh1 , fw , 1984 & fuck
    Favorite VH Song

girl gone bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

so , if dave's so crap & his fans are so stupid, why've you got waldo from hft on yer member panel - i seem to remember that dave sang on this.. or did it slip your tiny mind..?

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:32 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 904 Posts

I wouldn't call them pricks. Very opinionated, yes but not pricks. Myself, I like both eras but prefer Dave. I 'lurk' at DLRARMY.com but I don't bother posting because there is a lot of Sammy bashing over there. But why wouldn't there be? It's a DLR fan site.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This coming from the guy that said:

The only people who even know that Dave is still alive are Dave fanatics. The rest of the world, however, knows about Sammy. Dave's fans will be like the losers in high school, the ones always holding up the walls while everyone else has a good time.
    And this:
    I will admit that I prefer Sammy to Dave, but I do like both of them. I Love all of VH's eras, and 1 song from Gary. All I ask is that everytime Dave does something really stupid-which is just about every time he moves-that no one excuse it with this bullshit excuse that every Diamond Dave fan chants like mantra.....

DAVE IS DAVE.......Fuck Dave, he is just untalented by himself. If any Dave fans believe he is so wild and crazy on his own, then I propose you resubscibe to Tiger Beat Magazine!

He reminds me of Liza Minnelli. Just pathetic and nuts...which is sad because he rocked with VH!
    Yeah, sounds like you like Dave alright.

Then there's this:
    Everyone has their own taste and you just have to accept the fact that Dave fans have less of it than others.
    There are many more Dave bashing and Dave's fan bashing posts of yours, but I'm not going to waste my time cutting and pasting them.

Anyway, my point in all of this is that you sir sound like the prick; not us.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 44 Posts

Not a prick here!

But, I'd take the chemistry of the original VH over the power pop that was released between 86 and 96.

When something is as good, unique and special as the original VH you are going to get fanatics. People who will not accept a substitue. Sort of like when New Coke came out. Maybe it was sweeter, but it wasn't the same.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I would like to encourage Ray Danniels' little brother to visit www.shnewsdesk.com and see what he thinks about the "fanatical hatred" in that "trailer park" of Sammy sites.

Oh, and before you do, keep in mind that known DLR fans are blocked from their board altogether. Hagar fans are welcome to post at the DLR Army any time they choose.... if they have the balls
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

What may be coming across to you as DLR fans being pricks is nothing more than old school VH-inspired mentality. We're the baddest-asses on the block, no need to argue, the proof is in the music, and when we listened to it and that was often, it poured over into alot of what we are.

Nothing against the Sammy era, but some of that attitude was lost or put in storage when he came on board. They still rocked on the majority of the songs, but when they didn't, they did songs more in the vein of ballads or love songs, whereas DLR era VH would use those cuts to Van Halenize a classic cover song, or throw a Big Bad Bill or Could This Be Magic on us.

If that mentality makes us pricks in your eyes, TOO FUCKIN' BAD bro! I try to be openminded enough to support Sammy era VH and Sammy solo when I can in these discussions, but only if it's musis that appeals to me. Being born and bread on the early VH, that kind of got my taste buds used to that flavor,slight variations from record to record, but you knew when you ripped that plastic off what the majority of the shit was going to sound like, in your face, balls to the wall rock and roll.

Nothing against the hair and guitar bands of the late 70's and early 80's, but I'd go to concerts and hear these super fans goin' on about how great these bands were, and it made me sad to see these people diggin' all the clones. Still, I would state my case, not changing their minds, but letting them know full-well, that what they were watching on stage was good for what it was, but not the original article. And we co-existed.

But some Sammy fans think DLR fans will someday see the light and come over to their side. That's plain fucked up. A small portion of the DLR fanbase digs some Sammy stuff, another portion can tolerate it, and I would say a majority have no use for Sammy in any shape or form, at least since the day he joined VH. I didn't make it that way, it's just the way it is.

It's one thing to come on here and throw the prick label around so loosely, but try making that
    statement at one of the upcoming shows, and I imagine you will go home with one Sammy era VH song on your mind, "Black and Blue". Have your fun here on the old computer screen, but if you really mean business, bring the noise to a show or two this summer, and wear a t-shirt sporting your mantra in big block letters. Just because they can say prick on TV these days, doesn't mean it still doesn't go over the same way it did back in the day. Warhead the Prick, Good Day.
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Your own spew answers your question.

Originally posted by EricDaniel:
    If you ever cruise over to the trailer park of web sites known as the DLR Army you will notice how much
    but after that everything went downhill for the guy. I've told a lot of people about this new tour and most of them responded in amazement that Dave was still around,

Nothing he has ever done is that impressive,

But only Dave fans seems to really think he's still cool, or talented. Dave fans remind me of Star Wars fans that try to convince everyone that 'The Phantom Menance' was awesome! It, like Dave, had some good elements, but lacked depth.

Favorite VH Album

women and children first
    Favorite VH Song

humans being
    Last Online

02.10.12 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know whats funny? I see a lot of Dave fans happy to see the 2 of them touring and theres been mention of how everybody is starting to get along. BUT I've been over to Sammys message board and I see a lot of posts whining bout Dave etc still going on and moreso now that the 2 of them are together tisk tisk, they both rock so consider it a 2 for 1 deal!
    "And the Cradle will Rock!"

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Touchy. I admit that I put down Dave a lot simply because I get tired of hearing how great he is from DLR fans. I actually do like both Dave and Sammy, while I think Sammy has a better voice I think the music from the Dave years is superior. I have the picture of Waldo because I think it's their best video, not because I think Dave is the best rock n' roll singer-because he is not by any standard. And I think it's pretty lame if they don't let Dave fans post at some Sammy message board, actually it's just pathetic. A lot of people like Dave but put him down and make jokes about him simply because his fan base comes off as so obnoxious sometimes. Why else do people tease about him going bald, being gay, having false teeth, etc. when he actually looks to be in great shape for his age?

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's my theory:
    To the DOTGers, listening to/watching Dave, Eddie, Mike and Alex perform is like having wild sex with a beautiful woman. Listening to/watching Sammy, Eddie, Mike and Alex perform is like getting a hand job. Listening to/watching Gary, Eddie, Mike and Alex perform is like acting out Deliverance with your best buddies. It's been a VERY long time since the DOTGers' last REALLY good bootie call. Oh sure, they had a little quickie in '96, but just as it was getting good, Ray Danniels walked in with a shotgun and ran everybody off. Recently, there has been some foreplay, but no climax. So basically, they've had blue balls for 17 YEARS! If you had been waiting 17 years to get your rocks off, you'd act like a prick too!

[ April 22, 2002 at 12:47 PM: Message edited by: P1 ]</p>

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by EricDaniel:
    Touchy.
    You start off calling people pricks and then wonder why they get defensive?

I admit that I put down Dave a lot simply because I get tired of hearing how great he is from DLR fans.
    You get tired of hearing how great DLR is from DLR fans? What else would you expect them to say - do you even know what "fan" means?
    Delusions of eloquence

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Man, you said it P1!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by P1:
    Here's my theory:
    To the DOTGers, listening to/watching Dave, Eddie, Mike and Alex perform is like having wild sex with a beautiful woman. Listening to/watching Sammy, Eddie, Mike and Alex perform is like getting a hand job. Listening to/watching Gary, Eddie, Mike and Alex perform is like acting out Deliverance with your best buddies. It's been a VERY long time since the DOTGers' last REALLY good bootie call. Oh sure, they had a little quickie in '96, but just as it was getting good, Ray Danniels walked in with a shotgun and ran everybody off. Recently, there has been some foreplay, but no climax. So basically, they've had blue balls for 17 YEARS! If you had been waiting 17 years to get your rocks off, you'd act like a prick too!
    Now THAT is fucking hysterical!