Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:30 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

I was reading some reviews at Sammy's site and most talk up Sam's show and put down Dave's.
    I also was reading the set list from one of the Cali shows and it said that alot of the people left during Dave's set and the ones that stayed were mostly just sitting there, while on the other hand when Sammy was playing everbody was on their feet having a great time.

Here's what I mean:

Dance The Night Away (The Intro Was FUCKED-UP - Started with "piped-in" beginning of "Eruption" - Then Stopped...)
    Running With The Devil
    I'm The One
    Eruption
    You Really Got Me
    Beautiful Girls
    So This Is Love
    Atomic Punk
    (Oh) Pretty Woman
    D.O.A.
    Yankee Rose
    Ice Cream Man (D.L.R. Accoustic Guitar Intro - Who Knew He Could Play An Instrument??)
    Everybody Wants Some
    Unchained
    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    ***** ENCORE *****
    Jump

(11:15 PM)

Note: By (about) D.L.R.'s fifth or sixth song, many concert goers were heading for the door... Those that remained, most were SITTING for the remainder of the show... (Versus: EVERYONE was "STANDING / PARTYING" for Sammy's ENTIRE set!!!)

I am curious if Sammy's web-master only adds the positive Sammy ones and the not so positive Dave ones to shed a bad light on Dave.

Also where else other than here has "honest and un-biased" reviws?
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

01.30.06 @ 10:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, what would you expect if you look at the reviews that are posted on the Dave-site?

Reviews that are written by Sammy fans will be Sammy-friendly and visaversa.

The only good reviews are those of people that are in both era's or not at all. Those are the one's who give a uninfluenced review of what they heard and saw!

I know Sammy's webmaster pretty well and believe me, she's objective enough to stay neutral in this!

PEACE! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "You go there once, you'll be there twice" CABO WABO!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

04.05.12 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Eddymon:
    Certainly not at the DLRArmy site. About the only objective reviews you'll find besides this site are the ones done by "professional" music critics, and most of them seem to favor Sammy.
    Scott Roberts
    The Official Scott Roberts Blog - http://www.scottrobertsweb.com
    FORMER owner of The VH Trade Site - http://www.vhtrading.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, honesty of course, notice how they do not talk about Sam's show and only point out the negatives of Dave's show? If it were my site I would rather talk up what I had done instead of trash my opponent...

Cheers! Great show review there Sam [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Yer the man
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by ScottRoberts:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Eddymon:
    Certainly not at the DLRArmy site. About the only objective reviews you'll find besides this site are the ones done by "professional" music critics, and most of them seem to favor Sammy. </font>[/QUOTE]Well, you have to admit that the vhforums has almost become the SHArmy as of late. ANY time anyone brings up anything positive about Dave, or negative about Sam, they are immediately called Roftards or Daveheads. No matter if they are defending their opinions or whatever, and yes there are extremists, but not all are.

The old Dave vs Sammy debate is OLD, and people bitch about it when it is brought up, but guess what, it will never go away.

Nobody rules these arenas like Dave, the one and only atomic punk!

Dave rules!!!

SR, I didn't realize you lived in St. Louis, that is just up the road about 7 hours. We go there about every other year to the Arch and zoo and different places.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

--Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Well I will give an honest review on August 29th, after I wake-up of course. [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

But I am a fan of both eras and loved each one equally, but IMO if Van Halen were to go on and be serious about their carreer again, Sammy is the true logical choice.
    If it were ten years ago, I'd say Dave. But he hasn't shown me enough creativity during the past decade.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

YEAZ YEAH!!!!!!

How 'boutchoo,Tex? Roth hasn't been creative the last 10 years...are you keepin' it real?

Just lettin' Dave be Dave an' the Lower Chakrateers be them bad zelves an' Van Rothin' could be revvin' up sum cookin' with gazzz Me Wise Magic type of buugie wuugie one time YEZ Y'ALL!!!!!!

[img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

For t h o s e whoa who r a tune to that ol' greasy greens grits n boogaloosa awww...his unplugged surpasses all previous an' future gigs(unless Van Rothin' vetted it up yez yez yez yez yez yez)...Love Time by Sonny Terry an Brownie McGhee that 's the blues right there one time yall yowza...go Stan,you bad boy...mojo dojo...

If ya bring Roth back into the family, then well welcome to Tobacco Road, baby!!! The blues, the Jagger/Tyler/Plant/JB/Mr. Mojo Risin'/Jim Dandy/John Brim/John Lee Hooker/Leadbelly/Jolson style vocals SHO, NUFF NUTHIN BUT YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Doesn anyone know what the fuck Loons says? [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I posted basically the same review at this site and at Sammy's. I included the positives and negatives of each singer's show but since I'm a bigger Sammy fan of course I'm going to say he ruled. Just about everyone seeing one of these concerts goes into it favoring one singer over the other, so there is a little bit of bias there. But some people changed their mind afterwards. I don't think the bias at Redrocker.com is any different than the DLR Army.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm a pepper you're a pepper wouldn't ya like to be a pepper, too. The screech remains the same.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Blind Willie Loons:
    I'm a pepper you're a pepper wouldn't ya like to be a pepper, too. The screech remains the same.
    I'm with ya Loons [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce the KING of ten fingers and six strings, Mr. Edward Van Halen!!!"- DLR @the '83 US Festival<br /><br />"MY NAME IS FRANKENSTRAT!!"-Gene Wilder,1974-Young Frankenstrat

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'za witcha too! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

--Will Rogers

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by ScottRoberts:
    Certainly not at the DLRArmy site. About the only objective reviews you'll find besides this site are the ones done by "professional" music critics, and most of them seem to favor Sammy. </font>[/QUOTE]Bullshit, I have read plenty of "professional" music reviews...one of the best being from A most reliable source, Billboard.com, which is the real deal and Industry paper, read by everyone in the msuci industry...and these reviews have shown favor towards Dave's performance.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Eddymon:
    Doesn anyone know what the fuck Loons says? [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]
    I do... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Executionor:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ScottRoberts:
    Certainly not at the DLRArmy site. About the only objective reviews you'll find besides this site are the ones done by "professional" music critics, and most of them seem to favor Sammy. </font>[/QUOTE]Well, you have to admit that the vhforums has almost become the SHArmy as of late. ANY time anyone brings up anything positive about Dave, or negative about Sam, they are immediately called Roftards or Daveheads. No matter if they are defending their opinions or whatever, and yes there are extremists, but not all are.

The old Dave vs Sammy debate is OLD, and people bitch about it when it is brought up, but guess what, it will never go away.

Nobody rules these arenas like Dave, the one and only atomic punk!

Dave rules!!!

SR, I didn't realize you lived in St. Louis, that is just up the road about 7 hours. We go there about every other year to the Arch and zoo and different places.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Absolutely. You so much as complain about a single comment Sammy made and you're a "Dave-head." Fucking stupid.

Or if you say one positive thing about Dave, then you're "living in the past" or are a "Dave-head."

Sammy Hagar wouldn't have a career right now if he hadn't been able to jump on the coat-tails of the band Roth helped propel to success.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR