Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.10 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

From the "Gossip" page of the New York Post:

"August 1, 2002 -- Van Halen's getting vicious

SAMMY Hagar, finished with fellow Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth, is dissing Diamond Dave's oversize ego, deteriorating singing voice and vanishing hairline.

Hagar and Roth had been co-headlining this summer's laboriously titled "Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth Tour 2002: Song for Song, the Heavyweight Champs of Rock and Roll." But after butting heads with Roth non-stop since they began touring in May, Hagar vows never to work with him again.

"The guy is a [bleep]hole," Hagar told PAGE SIX. "He will never go on tour with me again. He's gonna have to draw a crowd on his own."

Hagar and Roth, who were fired from Van Halen in 1996 and 1985 respectively, had traded insults for years before declaring a truce for the tour. But Hagar says that Roth's prima donna antics have ruined their relationship.

"He's not a man of his word," Hagar fumes. "Dave came to me because no one wanted to book him by himself, because he's such a flake and he has such a bad reputation. But I just can't work with him anymore."

While Hagar admits that Roth's set of Van Halen classics is a crowd-pleaser, he ridicules Roth's decline from swaggering rock god to middle-age nostalgia act. "His voice is not too good. You sit there and go, 'I just saw a guy who was half the singer and half the performer he used to be, who spray-paints his hair on before he goes on stage and still acts like he's in Van Halen in 1982!' . . . It's a joke to me, it's like Liberace or something."

One of mop-topped Hagar's favorite targets is Roth's thinning locks. "We were all on the same plane to go to a show in Dallas, and Dave's hair was brown underneath his hat," Hagar tattles. "The night of the show it was raving platinum. I'd hate to be there when he puts that thing on."

Hagar says that he and Roth were supposed to finish their tour Sept. 2 at Jones Beach, but Roth vetoed it. "He said, 'I don't like the venue.' He wanted to play at Madison Square Garden and he wanted to close. He wasn't going to do it, so we canceled the show."

But while New Yorkers won't see Hagar and Roth sharing the same stage, a solo Hagar is playing a free concert Aug. 29 at Irving Plaza. Since it falls close to the one-year anniversary of Sept. 11, half the tickets will be distributed to Port Authority cops and 9/11 rescue workers.

Despite his dislike of Roth, Hagar says the tour was a hit with Van Halen fans. "It was always a great audience and it was a great rock and roll show," he said. "If it wasn't for that, I would have put him back in nightclubs were he belongs."

Roth did not return calls for comment."

I realize the NY Post is far from being a reputable publication, but could they have made up all of these quotes? Some of these statements seem awfully harsh, even coming from Sammy. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.10 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Sorry guys, just found the other thread in Main on this topic... feel free to close.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well why wouldn't Sammy do the Madison Square Garden gig? That would be a great show, and I think Dave should close that one since Sammy has closed more shows than Dave has. The Madison Sguare Garden is one of the most famous venues in the world. I don't think Jones Beach is that great of a venue either, and if they played at the MSG both would have full stage lights, and the first guy wouldn't have to deal with sunlight, plus it's damn in the HEART OF NYC!!! Not out in Long Island....AN MSG SHOW WOULD BE GREAT!!!!

too bad...Hagar won't play at MSG...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Guitar Shark:
    Sorry guys, just found the other thread in Main on this topic... feel free to close.
    We'll leave this one open until the one in Main gets moved to the proper forum, GS.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

IMO, if this is a factual article, Sammy speaks the truth. For some reason DLR has not been able to hold on to many bandmembers throughout his career. I dont blame Sammy for dissing Dave, infact I agree with most everthing he's said. I do think capping on the hair thing is a bit petty but hey, when someone gets under your skin, you pull out all the punches...
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good thing this douchebag is opening on Aug. 20, so I can take my time getting to the venue...
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WTF

The last show is for free in tribute for the 9/11 tragedy.
    Dave bailed so somehow that make Sam a bad guy? [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

What's the matter with you people?
    "Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard

"......HEY!.............alright............." -BIG FOOT

" I know what you're thinking: "Do I want to watch Mard? We know that horses were very strong and could actually stop airplanes from flying away. The ones made out of stone called "statues" -- occasionally came to life and rode off is a colonial cliche. How many more times do we need to hear about how the oppressive Raj's wore villainous black capes, crafted cunning plastic masks to impersonate people, and drained all the blood from their slaves so they could keep the fluid in bottles in their dungeons? I mean, YAWN!

But if you're willing to sit through this dry sort of historical drama one more time -- or even just this dry historical review -- you will not be disappointed. In fact, some of you might just learn something they didn't teach you in school!-
    MARD-The Movie

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Diver Down NJ:
    Good thing this douchebag is opening on Aug. 20, so I can take my time getting to the venue...
    bro we should hang, and get everyone to meet up at the 8/20 show!!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Can\'t pick just one...
    Favorite VH Song

Every VH song is a tutorial on rhythm guitar!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ah man, I hate to see this stuff flying around. It was bad form for VH to bad-mouth DLR for the publicity (Sammy didn't have too much to do with that when it started, actually) and it is still bad form. Keep the dirty laudry in the basket! If Sammy doesn't like working with Dave, he should finish the tour quietly and simply not work with him again.

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by TyndellE:
    Ah man, I hate to see this stuff flying around. It was bad form for VH to bad-mouth DLR for the publicity (Sammy didn't have too much to do with that when it started, actually) and it is still bad form. Keep the dirty laudry in the basket! If Sammy doesn't like working with Dave, he should finish the tour quietly and simply not work with him again.
    JUST FURTHER PROOF THAT SAMMY HAGAR IS A FUCKING MEDIA WHORE WHO IS NOT WORTHY OF SNIFFING DAVE'S SWEATY SPANDEX. WHAT A FUCKING DICK!!!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Eat Em and Smile
    Favorite VH Song

Yankee Rose
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Call Dave a flake, make fun of his hair coloring, but at least the guy has stuff to say about HIS OWN life! Geez...is Sam so boring that he constantly has to talk about Dave and Ed VH just for folks to listen? The mind fairly reels, sire.

"What's the most interesting thing about Sam Hagar? Dave Roth!" -ddlr

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

All I want to know is this, is the Aug 20th show still on?? From what I just read, it sounds like they are canceling. No? I hope not, I shelled out a few bucks on these friggen tickets!
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Fuck that lil' yellow capri pants-wearin' lil' BRIDGE TROLL!!!!! Nice screech, you REO CHEESEWAGON 2nd Darren on BEWITCHED DICK IN THE DIRT, INSIDE WHERE'S YOUR BRITNEY MIC like LWAN?????? [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:36 AM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by Blind Willie Loons:
    Fuck that lil' yellow capri pants-wearin' lil' BRIDGE TROLL!!!!! Nice screech, you REO CHEESEWAGON 2nd Darren on BEWITCHED DICK IN THE DIRT, INSIDE WHERE'S YOUR BRITNEY MIC like LWAN?????? [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    What he say . . . I think.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by SMUDGE NYC:
    All I want to know is this, is the Aug 20th show still on?? From what I just read, it sounds like they are canceling. No? I hope not, I shelled out a few bucks on these friggen tickets!
    Cancelling??? Uh I hope not.....nothing indicated that...