Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I was watching VH-1's Ultimate Albums show about Def Leppard's 'Pyromania' and I almost vomited.

The Def Leppard boys & VH1 are claiming that is was the Pyromania album, released in 1983, that married hard rock & metal with catchy hooks and big vocals! Claiming that was the album that laid the formula for 80's music?!? We all know it was VH's 1st album released in Feb. 78' that had the blueprint for the huge sound and the fuzking of all thos elements..

This is truly tragic. Even that former MTV vj JJ Jackson was on there saying how Pyromania was it. Saying how rock radio was a barren wasteland of bloated rock till Leppard released Pyro and saying how all the bands that came after copied Leppard's sound! BWAHAHAHAHAA!... And then I had to watch video of Leppard's idiot frontman doing the Diamond Dave leap off the drum riser. Its bad enough Leppard borrowed from VH's sound and style, but they stole their moves as well!!! VH1 made no acknowledgement of the fact Van Halen was already ruling the world and had released 3 albums before Leppard even debuted in mid-1980!!
    This is truly sick. Once again an American artist creates something, some idiots overseas take it, re-import it back to us, and now they are the geniuses!?!?!?!

We can not allow this. Someone has to write to VH1 or to someone in the VH camp because those idiots in Leppard are taking credit for everything Van Halen invented!!!

Not to mention VH developed their sound and style on their own.. And in the studio, they where able to get that huge sound to tape by playing live, with no overdubbs... Unlike Leppard, who needed babysitter/producer Mutt Lange to come in for Pyromania and co-write all their songs for them and shape their sound because their first 2 albums werent strong and didnt sell much!!
    VH never needed that, all Ted Templeman did was press 'record' and let them fly!! VH churned out original, amazing sounding albums in days, with most of the songs being captured 1st or 2nd take! Unlike Leppard, inthe studio for over a year and Mutt making them do 100 takes of every damn song(usually to a drum machine!) and then piecing the album together...

Man, Van Halen is being screwed. I even saw Henry Rollins on Howard Stern talking about how he felt old school VH was absolutely genius cuz their music had cojones(balls) and how VH was the band that created that huge rock sound... EVen Henry knows!! How can VH1 be so foul and how can Leppars sleep at nite?!? Screw them all..

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

10.27.16 @ 02:26 PM
    Liked 133 Times in 86 Posts

You're right. Those bands in the 80's imitated VH not Def Leppard.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

05.27.16 @ 08:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Good point, agreed.

Not really Sam and Dave Tour talk though, so I'm sending this over to Opinions for now.