Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 965 Times in 386 Posts

...is that dave's sound people suck some serious ass!!! [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

other than that, you have your pro sam and pro dave fans whose guy can do no wrong and sounds unfreakinreal (that's an internet word )

anyone who expected sammy's pipes to be awesome were right on. anyone expecting dave's voice to be solid, but not great, were right on. anyone thinking dave's voice was gonna be is strong point, i don't know what the hell you were thinking. dave never sounded like a great singer does, so who cares if he can't sing like sam? that was never his gig

so after reading all these reviews and seeing a show for myself, all i can honestly say is that both guys still do what they do best and do very well with it obviously. that, and dave's sound people suck. go to a show and you'll see what i mean.

i think both guys could come back and do the trick for the band. however after seeing dave i hope the band takes him back, they can still do it with dave. i heard the roar of the crowd when they saw dave walk out, i can't imagine how lod and crazy it would be if ed, al, and mike were with him. and i ain't talkin no mtv crowd shit either [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have noticed a lot of reviews that say his sound people suck. I agree about Dave being back in VH would huge. I swear to goodness when I saw them on MTV in '96, I got goosebumps and almost teared. Corny as hell, I know, but from my point of view, they represented a lot that was good while I was growing up.

I saw Roth for the first time last year in KC on the first night of his saves the day tour and holy cow, I was floored. I have been to plenty of concerts and had a lot of fun, but that night, I was truly entertained to the bone.

All this Dave vs Sam crap really boils down to when you truly followed the band. I followed thru the Dave era and that is why I am such a fan thereof.

Sam has a good, strong, clean voice and if he didn't shoot his face off about Dave so much I could tolerate *some* of his stuff.

It's too bad they are wasting this time with petty things. In way too short of a time, their chances of ruling the arenas are going to go the way of John Entwistle and at that point, I will be as sad as my parents were when they lost Janis, Jimi, Elvis, Jim, and John.

I am begging you Dave, Edward, Alex, and Mike, please please please get your acts together for all of your fans' selfish reasons and kick our perverbial asses again [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Executionor:
    [QB]I have noticed a lot of reviews that say his sound people suck. I agree about Dave being back in VH would huge. I swear to goodness when I saw them on MTV in '96, I got goosebumps and almost teared. Corny as hell, I know, but from my point of view, they represented a lot that was good while I was growing up.

AMEN BROTHER !! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Last Online

11.15.17 @ 05:12 AM
    Liked 66 Times in 35 Posts

It does amaze me that a show of this size can go on with crapy sound. I also was at the DLR Save the Day show last year in KC. I do not remember there being any sound problems then and that was a much smaller show. The SH / DLR KC show this year had major sound issues but it seemed to only be with DLR.
    Aint life grand!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:07 PM
    Liked 1,383 Times in 758 Posts

Music (meaning the strentgh of his voice) is just an excuse given for not reuniting with DLR.
    The real reason is that the guy is just impossible to work with. He seems to be unreliable and unprofessional (i.e. several ppl suing him for not respecting his word) and has insulted various members of VH and their wifes recently.
    This is why there will never be a VH reunion with DLR.
    If someone called you "van heineken" in the press (I'm not saying to your face, I'm saying for millions of people to read), would you then do a band with them?
    No. So don't expect the VH bros to go ahead and do it (and that doesn't mean they're pefect either).
    Little Dreamer