Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

DLR in Atlanta this weekend, who's going?

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

01.13.16 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

me!

[img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]
    Staying Frosty

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Depends on what day it is
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.28.08 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In case you can't get into that link, then here is what happened....

DLR---Atlanta----May 3rd 2002

The absolute highlight of the evening for me was being invited by Ray to go hang with the band after the show. That's right folks, Blueeyedmurder and BrownSound1, two of your dubious webbies were hanging with the entire DLR Band, minus the bassist, James. Here's how it went down....

We were originally supposed to go backstage, but there wasn't a real backstage area to speak of, only a tent for the band. So after we played phone tag with Ray, he said we could go to any activities they did after the show. Ray is just one of the nicest people I've ever met in my life. He could have easily said they weren't doing anything that night, but he was kind enough to let us tag along. So after the show, Ray came out and took some pictures with a few people, before security started trying to run everyone away. I didn't meet anyone from here, except former webmaster AlbertR, but I believe Ray was talking to some DLRML folks before talking to us. I was the short, fat, fucker with the red shirt on, standing next to a big fucker (blueeyedmurder) with a black T-shirt on that said Big Ass. Ray came down, told us where they were going, and so we went back to the hotel and cleaned up a bit.

We take a cab down to the club...that was an experience, guy drove like a bat out of hell. We get to the club, Blueeyedmurder, Big Worm, BigDaddyDavefan are all ahead of me...they go on past the ID checker guy and pay their cover charge...leaving me a bit behind. I'm standing there, dude has my driver's license...and this guy comes up and says to the ID checker..."Dave's here again tonight. Does he have to wait in this line, or would it be ok if he went on in?" The guy looks at me and says, "Do you mind if David Lee Roth goes in ahead of you?" I said, "Are you kidding? I help out on Ray Luzier's site...I don't mind one bit." I turn and look down my right side, and Goddamn Man, there is fucking Diamond Dave, right next to me. I almost had a freakin' heartattack, but managed to muster up, "great fuckin' show Dave!" he smiled that big smile, and said "thank you." I go up, pay my cover charge, and we talk to Ray for about 2 seconds, then we all go in together. Believe me folks, we walked into that place like we fuckin' owned it. I said..."I can't believe we're walking into this club with fuckin' David Lee Roth!" So we all go in, and sit in the VIP section...(this is a strip club, BTW) and it's just too unbelieveable. I'm thinking I must have passed out and I had to be dreaming this. Dave's sitting there with his big bodyguard on his right, and a lady on his left. Another girl was beside her, then Brian and Ray beside her, respectively. There were two guys who sat and talked with Ray, I don't know who they were, but I saw them at the show. (Sorry I didn't introduce myself guys, if you're reading this.) Anyway, we're sitting there, and the bastards at the club have the balls to play Van Hagar!! They fuckin' played "Poundcake" with Dave sitting there...that was WAAAYY too weird. However, they did play Drop Dead Legs immediately following that. I turned and looked over at Dave, pointed and gave him the thumbs up. He nodded his head and grinned that big grin.

After a while, my buddies and me all got up and walked around the club, just to check out the sights. I eventually went back up and introduced myself to Brian, and talked to him for a bit. I swear, Brian and Ray are just the nicest people I've ever met in the music business. Brian and me talked about equipment, him leaving the Punks, and just general chit-chat. I told him that I knew Ralph was hating seeing him go, but that it's very understandable. Brian said, "Well...Dave is the man!", and I said, "yeah bro, he is the fuckin' man." After the conversation I left, went back down to my buddies, and we went back to the hotel. I took no pictures at the club...very bad manners, in my opinion to do something like that, and asked for no autographs. However, I got witnesses that I was fuckin' there, so na na nah na nah na.

Not a bad weekend, if you ask me.

-----------------------------------------------

Blueeyedmurder's account is as follows:

Brownsound's account of the events pretty much sums everything up. What a fucking show! One thing you forgot though. After the show ended, someone came out and started throwing VHS tapes from the stage. I look at Brown and say "That's the Bar-B-Que tape!" So everyone's scrambling for the tapes. Big Daddy Dave Fan got one, then one flies over my head and hits the ground. I turn around and go for it at the same time some other dude is...we crack heads on the way down! I think I knocked the guy on his ass, cause when I looked up (with tape in hand)...this guy was getting up, picking up his hat, and mumbled something that I couldn't understand! haha...I had a red spot on my shaved head, but that's cool...I gots de No Holds Bar-B-Que!!

A few minutes later Ray comes back out and starts throwing drumsticks he used in the show and again BigDaddy Dave Fan and I got one! A few minutes later Ray came down and talked to us and invited us to the Cheetah.

Hain asked if there were any more chances to talk to DAve...yeah there were. He had his people around him, and his chick I think. But they weren't hiding away from everyone. We were sitting two tables away. I just didn't feel like we should invade the guys' in band's privacy, y'know? Besides...we are in the Cheetah Club! There are some damn good lookin, completely nude hardbodies everywhere!! I love Diamond Dave and all but, I'm not totally focused on him at this point, if ya know what I mean!?

Brown's also right about how nice the guys were. Hell I got an email from Ray on Sunday apologizing for not "hangin with me" because an old high school buddy showed up unexpectedly. Can you imagine apologizing to me for not hangin out!? Shit I was happy to meet the guy and walk into the Club like we were with them!

So I'll have my pictures later this week.

Helluva show....
    Helluva band...
    Helluva night!

Lookout Sammy...the bar has been set high!
    Eat Us and Smile...yeah we're still around.

Roth Army Webmaster
    http://www.rotharmy.com

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by BrownSound1:
    In case you can't get into that link, then here is what happened....

DLR---Atlanta----May 3rd 2002

The absolute highlight of the evening for me was being invited by Ray to go hang with the band after the show. That's right folks, Blueeyedmurder and BrownSound1, two of your dubious webbies were hanging with the entire DLR Band, minus the bassist, James. Here's how it went down....

We were originally supposed to go backstage, but there wasn't a real backstage area to speak of, only a tent for the band. So after we played phone tag with Ray, he said we could go to any activities they did after the show. Ray is just one of the nicest people I've ever met in my life. He could have easily said they weren't doing anything that night, but he was kind enough to let us tag along. So after the show, Ray came out and took some pictures with a few people, before security started trying to run everyone away. I didn't meet anyone from here, except former webmaster AlbertR, but I believe Ray was talking to some DLRML folks before talking to us. I was the short, fat, fucker with the red shirt on, standing next to a big fucker (blueeyedmurder) with a black T-shirt on that said Big Ass. Ray came down, told us where they were going, and so we went back to the hotel and cleaned up a bit.

We take a cab down to the club...that was an experience, guy drove like a bat out of hell. We get to the club, Blueeyedmurder, Big Worm, BigDaddyDavefan are all ahead of me...they go on past the ID checker guy and pay their cover charge...leaving me a bit behind. I'm standing there, dude has my driver's license...and this guy comes up and says to the ID checker..."Dave's here again tonight. Does he have to wait in this line, or would it be ok if he went on in?" The guy looks at me and says, "Do you mind if David Lee Roth goes in ahead of you?" I said, "Are you kidding? I help out on Ray Luzier's site...I don't mind one bit." I turn and look down my right side, and Goddamn Man, there is fucking Diamond Dave, right next to me. I almost had a freakin' heartattack, but managed to muster up, "great fuckin' show Dave!" he smiled that big smile, and said "thank you." I go up, pay my cover charge, and we talk to Ray for about 2 seconds, then we all go in together. Believe me folks, we walked into that place like we fuckin' owned it. I said..."I can't believe we're walking into this club with fuckin' David Lee Roth!" So we all go in, and sit in the VIP section...(this is a strip club, BTW) and it's just too unbelieveable. I'm thinking I must have passed out and I had to be dreaming this. Dave's sitting there with his big bodyguard on his right, and a lady on his left. Another girl was beside her, then Brian and Ray beside her, respectively. There were two guys who sat and talked with Ray, I don't know who they were, but I saw them at the show. (Sorry I didn't introduce myself guys, if you're reading this.) Anyway, we're sitting there, and the bastards at the club have the balls to play Van Hagar!! They fuckin' played "Poundcake" with Dave sitting there...that was WAAAYY too weird. However, they did play Drop Dead Legs immediately following that. I turned and looked over at Dave, pointed and gave him the thumbs up. He nodded his head and grinned that big grin.

After a while, my buddies and me all got up and walked around the club, just to check out the sights. I eventually went back up and introduced myself to Brian, and talked to him for a bit. I swear, Brian and Ray are just the nicest people I've ever met in the music business. Brian and me talked about equipment, him leaving the Punks, and just general chit-chat. I told him that I knew Ralph was hating seeing him go, but that it's very understandable. Brian said, "Well...Dave is the man!", and I said, "yeah bro, he is the fuckin' man." After the conversation I left, went back down to my buddies, and we went back to the hotel. I took no pictures at the club...very bad manners, in my opinion to do something like that, and asked for no autographs. However, I got witnesses that I was fuckin' there, so na na nah na nah na.

Not a bad weekend, if you ask me.

-----------------------------------------------

Blueeyedmurder's account is as follows:

Brownsound's account of the events pretty much sums everything up. What a fucking show! One thing you forgot though. After the show ended, someone came out and started throwing VHS tapes from the stage. I look at Brown and say "That's the Bar-B-Que tape!" So everyone's scrambling for the tapes. Big Daddy Dave Fan got one, then one flies over my head and hits the ground. I turn around and go for it at the same time some other dude is...we crack heads on the way down! I think I knocked the guy on his ass, cause when I looked up (with tape in hand)...this guy was getting up, picking up his hat, and mumbled something that I couldn't understand! haha...I had a red spot on my shaved head, but that's cool...I gots de No Holds Bar-B-Que!!

A few minutes later Ray comes back out and starts throwing drumsticks he used in the show and again BigDaddy Dave Fan and I got one! A few minutes later Ray came down and talked to us and invited us to the Cheetah.

Hain asked if there were any more chances to talk to DAve...yeah there were. He had his people around him, and his chick I think. But they weren't hiding away from everyone. We were sitting two tables away. I just didn't feel like we should invade the guys' in band's privacy, y'know? Besides...we are in the Cheetah Club! There are some damn good lookin, completely nude hardbodies everywhere!! I love Diamond Dave and all but, I'm not totally focused on him at this point, if ya know what I mean!?

Brown's also right about how nice the guys were. Hell I got an email from Ray on Sunday apologizing for not "hangin with me" because an old high school buddy showed up unexpectedly. Can you imagine apologizing to me for not hangin out!? Shit I was happy to meet the guy and walk into the Club like we were with them!

So I'll have my pictures later this week.

Helluva show....
    Helluva band...
    Helluva night!

Lookout Sammy...the bar has been set high!
    Fuckin' A dudes, that rocks!!! I was supposed to meet Ray at the Philly show, but it was too late to set up...glad you had a great time!!!!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

hey Brownsound1, I like how you left out that "secret" that Dave asked you not to repeat!

oops!
    Eat Us and Smile!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.28.08 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, in a few months, everyone will know about it.
    Eat Us and Smile...yeah we're still around.

Roth Army Webmaster
    http://www.rotharmy.com