Register
    Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Last Online

08.18.07 @ 10:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi-
    I stood in line for an an hour and a half at the Tower Records in Cerritos Ca. on Saturday only to be informed that the tickets for the Unviversal Amp. show were not printing correctly once they went on sale. The were able to print tickets for Blockbuster but not Universal. I decided to leave and try to get the tickets over the phone but as of 2opm Universal did not have any two seats together available. Sounds like it sold out. I ended up getting Lodge seats at Blockbuster.

Did anyone else run into this problem?
    When you hear a song, it can make you remember what you felt, where you were and who you were with the first time you heard it. That's what music can do.<br /><br />When I get into you, get into me...

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You would think that with an $8 "service charge" per ticket, those monopolistic bastards could afford a decent computer system.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

06.09.16 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Music Heals:
    Hi-
    I stood in line for an an hour and a half at the Tower Records in Cerritos Ca. on Saturday only to be informed that the tickets for the Unviversal Amp. show were not printing correctly once they went on sale. The were able to print tickets for Blockbuster but not Universal. I decided to leave and try to get the tickets over the phone but as of 2opm Universal did not have any two seats together available. Sounds like it sold out. I ended up getting Lodge seats at Blockbuster.

Did anyone else run into this problem?
    Yeah!!! I was at the Tower Records in Cerritos too! I was the one that got there when the girl working there came out and said there was a problem printing-out the tickets. I was the one who asked her if they were (therefore) shut-down. She said they could print-out Blockbuster tickets but not Universal! So I asked everybody in line, "Who wants Blockbuster?" When nobody in line responded, I said, "I'll take Blockbuster," and went to the front of the line and got Section 2, Row Y. Then I went home and got Universal tickets over the phone through Ticketbastard. I couldn't believe that everybody chose to continue to stand in line while the Tower Records supervisor was ON-HOLD on the phone with Ticketbastard. Meanwhile, while you and the others continued to stand in line waiting for the problem to be reolved, the Universal show was selling-out!

Back home, on the phone, at about 1:45 p.m. (after waiting 10 minutes for a sales rep), I tried getting four tickets to the Universal show. The rep told me they didn't have four seats together. I then went thru the process of buying two tickets. Then I tried buying two more (for a friend) and the rep told me there weren't two seats together. I got off the phone with Ticketmaster at about 1:55 p.m.

Sorry about your ordeal Music Heals. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Dave
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the one
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

lets see the 4 tix I bought cost me $48 in ticketmaster surcharges,not to mention handling fees and shipping, etc. Their server was overloaded and took me 21 minutes to get in and I almost didn't get tickets.

Isn't there a law against Monolpoy's? I thought so. Pearl Jam tried in 90's...maybe someone should take this up again.

This is why I stopped going to shows years ago. free tix from industry folks or local music.

I just wonder if the Tshirts are gonna run 450 this year!!!

B.D.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Blatent Disreguard:
    lets see the 4 tix I bought cost me $48 in ticketmaster surcharges,not to mention handling fees and shipping, etc. Their server was overloaded and took me 21 minutes to get in and I almost didn't get tickets.

Isn't there a law against Monolpoy's? I thought so. Pearl Jam tried in 90's...maybe someone should take this up again.

This is why I stopped going to shows years ago. free tix from industry folks or local music.

I just wonder if the Tshirts are gonna run 450 this year!!!

B.D.
    I do everything I can to avoid ticketbastard...

ticketmaster probably has a contract with ClearChannel ENT, SFX Ent, which RUN all of the Amphitheatres across the USA....MONOPOLY!!!!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t Get That Stuff No More
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There did appear to be a problem with Universal tix on Sat. I got mine in Santa Monica and everyone's tix printed out with the word "void" across the front. The sales rep. wrote down all of the seats each of us had been promised and told us to come back in an our (we paid for the tix prior to leaving and had a unique receipt number that he was hoping to match up with the seats)

After an hour, we returned and he handed us our properly printed tickets, no sweat. We had the same exact seats we had been promised before.

We ended up with Section 20, about halfway to the front.
    DIAMOND MAFIA FOREVER!<br /><br />"...How many times can somebody lie 'till patience runs its course..."<br /><br />DAVE AND SAMMY '02...DARE I SAY, "THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH, PT. II"

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw you Joe5150. You couldn't have timed your arrival any better. Walked up to the line and right inside to get your Blockbuster tickets. I was in line wearing my Laker hat. I left right after you walked out hoping I would be able to still get Universal tix over the phone. I wish there would have been a competent manager there who knew what was going on. You would think that they would have a back-up procedure to handle these type of problems or at least a direct customer support number for Ticket Master.

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Joe5150:
    [[qb]
    Yeah!!! I was at the Tower Records in Cerritos too! I was the one that got there when the girl working there came out and said there was a problem printing-out the tickets. I was the one who asked her if they were (therefore) shut-down. She said they could print-out Blockbuster tickets but not Universal! So I asked everybody in line, "Who wants Blockbuster?" When nobody in line responded, I said, "I'll take Blockbuster," and went to the front of the line and got Section 2, Row Y. [/QUOTE]

Well, now I have a seat 3 rows behind you. Loni will make her way down there after the show starts. Is Felisa going with you also?
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Vince G.:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe5150:
    [[qb]
    ... got Section 2, Row Y. </font>[/QUOTE]Well, now I have a seat 3 rows behind you. Loni will make her way down there after the show starts. Is Felisa going with you also?[/QUOTE]

That's the plan.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Music Heals:
    I saw you Joe5150. You couldn't have timed your arrival any better. Walked up to the line and right inside to get your Blockbuster tickets. I was in line wearing my Laker hat. I left right after you walked out hoping I would be able to still get Universal tix over the phone. I wish there would have been a competent manager there who knew what was going on. You would think that they would have a back-up procedure to handle these type of problems or at least a direct customer support number for Ticket Master.
    Funny about the timing of my arrival, because I went to Tower Records earlier and saw the line outside and said F this, I threw a U-turn and decided to try getting tickets online at home. After ten minutes online and the system coming back twice with Section 22, which is to the extreme side of the stage, I decided to high-tail it back to Tower Records. I thought that the line would be gone. When I got there and saw the line, I thought WTF!!!

Music Heals, Nice to make your acquaintance. Are you gonna tailgate before the Blockbuster show? Vince G. is throwing a party at his in-laws house in Fontana before the show. [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

[ April 29, 2002 at 12:33 PM: Message edited by: Joe5150 ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Music Heals, Nice to make your acquaintance. Are you gonna tailgate before the Blockbuster show? Vince G. is throwing a party at his in-laws house in Fontana before the show.

I'm gonna tell my mother-in-law YOU said that, not me!
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Vince G.:
    Music Heals, Nice to make your acquaintance. Are you gonna tailgate before the Blockbuster show? Vince G. is throwing a party at his in-laws house in Fontana before the show.

I'm gonna tell my mother-in-law YOU said that, not me!
    Uh, O.K.

Mike Damone, Fabulous Shadow and Top Timmy are gonna be there, right?

You got any iced tea? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Joe5150-
    I will be tailgating at the venue with my sister, who has not been to a concert in over 17yrs, my wife and one of my Rock-n-Roll partners. I have not been this excited about a parking lot party since Maiden reformed and did the BNW tour. I think that this show will capture the glory days of "partying in the parking lot" of the early to mid 80's. I'll never forget sitting in my car on Martin Luther King Blvd waiting to get in the Sports Arena parking lot to see Ratt and seeing two guys walk in front of me carrying a Kegger into the parking lot to party. Those were the days for me.

I wonder if anyone from this site will post a banner for all the site members to meet at?