Register
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:43 PM
    Liked 11,549 Times in 4,920 Posts

If you went to the July 31st show, please feel free to add a reply with your review here.

Let's try to keep this thread for REVIEWS ONLY, and not for discussion. That way, it will be easy for people to read them.

If you want to discuss this particular show, just make a new thread for that.

Thanks!
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I cant comment on sammy.i sat at a picnic table and had my dinner during his set....Im not a big sammy fan and am a roth fanatic,but honestly -the roth screams were incredible.....He came out in the shiny outfit with a shirt underneath and said look at all the people here tonight...To my delight he was ON.....he told a chick in the front to show "her flag" during yankee rose and She flashed the crowd and everyone started goin crazy.....He was flirting with another girl in the front and after he put the whiskey shower on her he said get her a back stage pass....Dave sounded incredible and the band was smokin...I was really expecting james to be the weak link based on the reviews but he was really solid(even his back up vocals).....THE DEFINITE HIGHLIGHT for me was atomic punk....On the 99 tour,Ive heard boots where dave in the past used that newer way high voice during atomic punk(like on the song blacklight from dlr band)-but he must be watchin his old vh shows cause he did it all in his classic mid range and even threw in some Extra
    PRIMAL-LION SCREAMS....He had a great time during ice cream man,etc,,,,But on stuff like atomic punk and dead or alive he was not campy at all....He would have givin phil anselmo a run for his money during those tracks....He did it all----hammed it up,The people around me were in shock at how good he looked and sounded...Of course he didnt jump around as much as when he was 25,but aside from that- it really was like time-travel....HE EVEN HAD THE RED BANDANA ROUND HIS NECK.....When he introduced james lomenzo he said somethin bout enjoying the strippers last night.
    They did a great funk jam during you really got me,the band kicked butt....At one point dave took the whole mic stand and started clanging it on the cymbols to mess with ray...It was packed in the seats where i was and the grass area looked quite full.It was SO hot,and i didnt care everyone was sweating up a storm and i have no idea how anyone could perform in that heat.I have to give sammy credit to for gettin up in that heat.He sounded like typical hagar,just not my cup of tea....Saw some of him on the big screen.
    Dave did a great jump at the end of the show that got a huge roar from the crowd....
    On a final note,another moment that gave me huge goose-bumps was when dave came out in the beginning he free styled a alittle during hot for teacher-and shouted out something like "i know why you all came back to me,cause everybody else was to fuckin borrriiinngg baby"-he wasnt talkin bout sammy just music in general....THE PEOPLE(ATLEAST IN THE SEATED AREA) WENT ABSOLUTELY CRAZY
    and dave had them eating out of the palm of his hand for the rest of the night.There were so many smiles after his show that all the negative reviews from this show(if there are any)dont mean a thing....Very seldom when you look forward to something for so long,does reality pass your imagination---but dave was better then i could have ever hoped for.In the mid 90s i had a great time seeing him with the short hair,playin for bout 200 people-but this was a dream come true...
    Cant wait for this bands new cd.DAVE ROCKED THE HOUSE.

[ August 01, 2002, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: yunigo ]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Blueprint
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

02.17.17 @ 06:11 AM
    Liked 79 Times in 21 Posts

A TALE OF TWO CONCERTS

It was the best of times... 'nuff said. No axe to grind as a Dave or Sammy fan -- loved both shows.

SAMMY:

Sammy opened the show and hell if I remember his setlist. Sammy had a party and invited the entire audience. Even discounting for the shameless Cabo plugs (Gene Simmons would be envious), Sammy was so engaging and fun that he made you want to find out where he and the band was drinking after the show and get shitfaced with him. He has captured the essence of a small bar party band and is able to recreate it for an audience of thousands.

The band was in top form. Vic Johnson sounded great. He did not even try to "do" Edward -- he played within his limits and brought an almost jazzy feel to the tunes. Mona was fantastic as was Jesse and David. Sammy's sound man should give Dave's some pointers (see below). The sound was crisp, clear and full.

Of course, the high points of the show were when Mike Anthony joined Sammy on stage. They did not bother with the contrived "Mona's got to pee" bullshit. Mike just came out and jammed. He was in total rapture. After years of being the Van Halen member in the shadows, he was the star. The fans went crazy for him. And, while Mona is awesome, Mike helped bring the Van Hagar standards up a notch.

Everything great you've read about Sammy's show is absolutely true and more.

The problem with the show, like all other reviews, was "Eagles Fly" -- it brought the show to a grinding halt. Me and half the audience used it as a perfect opportunity to take a piss without missing anything good.

DAVE:

Dave's show is like a mainline heroin injection for a classic Van Halen addict. DOA, Mean Street, Show Your Love, and all the others you've dreamed of hearing for the last 20 years done at near Van Halen perfection.

Dave clearly set the time machine to 1982. Except for a higher hairline and a bunch of wrinkles -- this was vintage Van Halen. In a day and age when singers lip-sync to digitized samples of their songs so that every song sounds like it is coming out of your cd player, it was nice to hear live, and I mean live, music. People who might complain that Dave did not sound like the record should, in all honesty, shut the fuck up and stay home with their stereo.

The band was great -- this is not the piece of crap band that he toured with in 1994 when I saw him last. Brian Young is a virtuoso and I would love to hear what his original stuff might be like. James was awesome, too. He supplied Mike's background vocals to a tee. Ray sounded great and delivered the "heavy artillery" as Dave put it.

Dave -- well, he was vintage VH as well. Contrary to past reviews, he sang his ass off. He delivered all of the high notes and signature howls with perfection. His voice was as full as I have heard it. My wife, who is a Sammy fan, actually said that she thought Dave was the better singer. He delivered the "A" game. He interracted plenty with the audience. He will never be Sammy and wear signs, visors and even panties thrown on stage. But he did not do that while he was in Van Halen. He always has been the rock star persona and last night was no different. He was lewd and the audience ate it up.

The only downside of Dave's show was some sound problems that really screwed up his opening number "Hot for Teacher." He was pissed and things improved by the middle of "Panama." Unfortunately, the monkey running his sound could never get things perfect and it's a damn shame. Brian was amazing even though he sounded as if he was playing underwater. He would have sounded even better if the moron with the sound knobs had a clue.

OVERALL:

2 EXCELLENT BUT VERY DIFFERENT CONCERTS. GO.

[ August 01, 2002, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: Smokin' 5150 ]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchainged
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just got back to Ft. Myers from the West Palm Beach show. Sammy opened and dave closed. Both were fantastic tonight. Sammy had guys filming a DVD there as well tonight, Mike joined him onstagetoo. I'm tired, I'll give some more info in the AM. Took some pics and will post them later.

Favorite VH Album

VHI-VHII-WACF-FW-DD-1984-ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Now - HoneyBabySweetieDoll
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 287 Times in 81 Posts

Hey all...
    Was at Mars Music Ampitheatre last night and here are my ramblings...

First off was NEVER a fan of Van Hagar... liked Sammy solo but just never vibed on him in VH... that being said, let me say that if Sammy threw a party 365 days a year and invited me... I would be there... absolutely blew me away... he definitely brought what my definition to rock and roll is: FUN... the band was having a blast, the sound was HUGE and overall I really thought he was great... it was actually refreshing to be sitting near some people who obviously are not internet savvy and have not read the reviews, because when Michael Anthony came out my section went ballistic... and to top it off, the Van Hagar era songs actually sounded monstrous... made me a fan for the evening... my favorite was There's Only One Way To Rock... also have to say that for a guy his age his voice was incredible... being a singer I can only hope to have the strength he has at that age...

Ok... next the moment I was waiting for... never saw Dave in VH live, and saw the Eat 'Em and Smile tour in NY @ Madison Square Garden... would have liked a nice hyped intro like Sammy got but didn't matter... first off the band did a smart thing by doing the big "rock & roll" intro ... however if the F**king moron soundman AND monitor man had been paying attention, it would have made sense as to why they were doing that... totally AWFUL sound for the first few songs... Dave looked quite pissed at his incapable monitor man as he kept asking for his vocals up in the monitors... also the guitar was not cutting through as much as Sammy's sound, but those are the benefits of soundchecking last/going on first... but besides those glitches, I have to say I was totally into Dave's show... all of the "smart people" out there who seem to want to nitpick about everything really would not have had much to complain about tonite... Dave came out cock of the walk and didn't stop... yeah, some more crowd banter would have been nice for some, but he was TOTALLY interactive DURING the songs which is where it counts... you get more songs with less talk... once the monitors were righted, Dave hit quite a few of the "traditional" Dave shrieks and I was quite happy... plus his classic low - mid range balls out voice was dead on... maybe some nights he hasn't been 100%, and as a vocalist who has toured quite extensively let me tell you people - IT HAPPENS... sorry but it does... especially for someone the ages of Dave & Sammy... but tonite both were in fine voice... Dave maybe does a few of these funny high yelps a bit too much, but who gives a sh**... its rock and roll and the band was cranking... what I liked about this show was you saw the 2 sides of VH's past... the much more radio friendly Van Hagar, and the raw angst ridden late 70's early 80's hungry Van Halen... if Alex and Eddie are "too old and mature" for the classic stuff I say "F 'em"... quite honestly it's the vocals that make it... VERY rarely do you hear "I am a Van Halen fan"... it's "I am a VH w/Dave fan... or VH w/Sammy fan"... just like Black Sabbath w/Ozzy or Black Sabbath w/Dio... always mentioning which vocalist you prefer... I digress... anyway, was nice to see some breasts being flashed as well for Diamond Dave... he was in phenomenal shape, hair looked surprisingly good (I'm sure that is a whole story in itself, ha ha) and overall had the Dave attitude we all dig... my opinion would be that a monster tour w/ Dave and Sammy highlighting the 2 most popular eras of VH would be the thing to do, although not sure if that is going to happen... check out NY Post and go to the Page Six section... Sammy really tears Dave a new a**hole regarding his attitude and other things... oh well... anyway, I really enjoyed the night and was quite happy I spent the $$$ I did for my great seats...

FALCO
    FUNKETTE - if you are in the Los Olas Riverfront area in Ft. Lauderdale on Friday/Saturday nights come down to Murphy's Law and this is what you'll get... (check out the picture gallery)
    MARAYA - original band I had mentioned earlier... some cool stuff

[ August 01, 2002, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: Voxmaraya ]
    Wicked Maraya - www.Facebook.com/WickedMaraya / www.WickedMaraya.com
    NEW Wicked Maraya out now!!!
    'Lifetime In Hell' on MASSACRE Records!!!
    *** VIDEO CLIP - Suicidal Dawn *** - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aURvAMKdiPQ

"A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Blueprint
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

02.17.17 @ 06:11 AM
    Liked 79 Times in 21 Posts

Hey Voxmaraya, you've seen 2 damn good shows. I was at the Eat 'Em & Smile MSG show and last nite at Mars Music.

I missed getting to a Dave-era VH show as well and am surveying nursing homes in South Florida to repay my parents for that when the time comes.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Smokin' 5150:
    Hey Voxmaraya, you've seen 2 damn good shows. I was at the Eat 'Em & Smile MSG show and last nite at Mars Music.

I missed getting to a Dave-era VH show as well and am surveying nursing homes in South Florida to repay my parents for that when the time comes.
    I was at EEAS at the MSG too!!!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

ALL---and 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams-unchained
    Last Online

05.28.09 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I went to the SAM/DAVE show last night in WEST PALM BEACH! ANd I gotta tell ya--it was HOT AS HELL, but the music was even hotter! ALthough, fols I was very upset with Dave's perfomance or lack there of----I mean his kicks looked like my MOM doing aerobics---it was laughable---yeah he did the one jump off the drum stand at the end which was very cool!
    SAMMY opened with his video which was pretty cool and kicked into Shaka Doobie(not RED you morons)The Setlist was the same as recent shows with the much appreciated additions of BEst of Both Worlds and WHen it's Love---both crowd pleasers. ANd with MA presnt the crowd went apeshit. Sammy just defies the aging process---his energy was twice that of DL and his voice is unreal---- 55 years old----and he is 7 years older than DAVE! His work on the AXE was great and I really enjoyed MONA when Mike was on bass. She would do some vocals while Sam and MIKE were Jamming! Look Sammy is Sammy and there is no debate here---get over it---there would have been a debate back in 86 but as for now---come on, last night was the reason DLR has had no solo career--fact. Sammy has aged better and his voice and charisma, interaction, and ENERGY--that's right energy is light years ahead of Grandpa ROTH.
    As for Dave, same set list as recent concerts, sound guy was off but it was more of Dave doing his Vegas style vocals through it that pissed me off---I mean, gee his band can do Van Halen note for note, so Dave how about you sing Van Haeln note for Note---not adding 18 year old jokes in between the lyrics! Serious, all DLR did was do gay dances by Ray)drummer) He hardly moved around--he was a total bitch last night crying over who throw a water bottle---every 10 seconds he would ask then to remove a bottle--He DLR get the hint pal--start singing not saying the words. HIs highlights were RWTD, JUMP, I'm the ONE, and UNchained----GUys get over it, last night was the reason why he can't sell shit as a a solo artist w/ CD or concert---DAVE was UNREAL w/ Van Halen, but man his days are simply numbered. He can only turn it on some of the time whereas SAMMY was non stop last night! I feel like crap because I just watched one of my idols come NO WHERE CLOSE to what he once was---Thanks DAVE and please no reunion--WE already had ME WISE MAGIC and that was just plain weak! Thank you both SAM and Dave for the show--especially SAM. PS--People were filing out during Dave's set..trust me!

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Dudes, I had a great fuckin' time last nite. Right off the bat I wanna thank Sammy and Dave for puttin' this tour together and bringing 3 hours of some of the greatest rock music ever done out to the people at a nice LOUD volume!

Both bands where tight as hell. Hats off to 'em cuz they all played their asses off last nite.
    Sam's show went off without a single glitch. And man, how this mofo can still sing like that at like 55 years old is unreal?!!? He was so on that he didnt even need to bring Mike Anthony out to blow people away. Having said that though, it was a damn pleasure seeing Mikey onstage having a ball and rockin' out with Sam. To hear everything from Heavy Metal to Dreams to 3 Lock Box was amazing. Vic, Mona and Dave were on as usual.
    My only beef was Eagles Fly. Sam still does it great but i feel it halts the great energy he generates through the first half of the set. Sam was rockin hard, great vocals, energy and guitar. Only to kill it with that ballad. Nice song, but lose it from the set list. Other than that, this dude came to play.

And now Double D, Diamond Dave.
    Very few people coulda followed what Sammy did, but if one dude could, it's Diamond Dave.
    The one question every asks is "How is his voice?". Well, its like its always been. With Dave, you aint getting Freddy Mercury. Than again, NO ONE ELSE can sing like damn Freddy Mercury. I am not saying Diamond Dave has a terrible voice, cuz it aint like that either. His cool gravel-tone whiskey laden vocals helped make VH. But if you go see him now, just be realistic. He never had Sam's pipes and never will. But Dave held his own and got through it in pretty damn fine shape. He wont hit all the high notes and he still may skip a few lyrics, but hey, thats Diamond Dave. You want a flawless, spectacular vocal performance? Go see Andrea Bocelli!

This is ROCK AND ROLL. And man, Dave still has the swagger, attitude, heart and BALLS. Some dude wrote Dave coulda given Phil Anselmo a run for his money last nite. Come on dude, get off the crack pipe! All hyperbole aside, that aint gonna happen. But overall Dave delivered and gave the folks what they wanted to hear and see.
    Sure, the kicks may not be as high, but they are still damn good for a dude pushing 50. He is in great shape and can still grab an audience in the palm of his hand. His secret weapon of course is that he is performing CLASSIC VH. And dudes, you just cant lose doin' that music. The band is very tight. Ray Luzier especially slams! James was solid on bass. Brian Young did a good EVH impersonation. But lets get a grip people. He aint a virtuoso. He rips and plays great, but man, EVH invented that sound and style. What has Brian done on his own??? What did he innovate? Just like i have seen 8 year olds play Beethoven, Brian is just a very talented cat who does a mean EVH. But hats off to him, it cant be an easy task and aside from a couple of sound glitches, he played great.

What really floored me is hearing people sing the lyrics to both Sam and Dave tunes. But especially during the Dave set. Not only did people know the words to the more popular hits(Jump, Panama, Running With the Devil etc...) they knew the words to tunes like D.O.A. and Atomic Punk!!
    This was a hardcore group indeed.

Th real winners were US, the FANS!! There where almost 13,000 people there last nite!! Some left after Sammy opened, some arrived after Sammy opened, but most where there for both sets. To see sooo many people rocking out, movin', shakin', smiling, air guitaring and singing every damn word to all these amazing tunes was PRICELESS. I had a fuckin' ball man. Thats the best 30 bucks i spent in ages. Thanks again.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Somebody always has to say something negative and i hope that makes you feel better that you insulted a fellow fan,what i said was his vocal power and screams during atomic punk and dead or alive could have givin him a run for his money.If you dont think so-tough.Thats what i heard and saw......Ill stay off the crack pipe if you get off your high horse.

[ August 02, 2002, 04:40 AM: Message edited by: yunigo ]

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey man, nothin' personal meant by it. It's just I do not look at things through rose colored glasses. I love all things VH but I am here to post an honest heartfelt, unbiased review. I was there, just like you, and I know what I heard and saw. Dave did hit a few notes, but they werent near what they use to be, thats all. And like I said, so fuckin' what? But I aint gonna say he could give Phil a run either, ya know? Not even during those two songs youmentioned. Dave still shrieks and gets up a bit, just not near what it use to be. I listened to both Sam and Dave era VH in my car on the way to the show and while tailgating at the show. Sammy still sounds exactly like the albums, its fuckin' scary. Dave, at times, does not. But again, its all good. It was well worth it and i had one of the best times ever, along with about 13,000 others as well.

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 07:10 PM
    Liked 1,940 Times in 785 Posts

Premium Member
    http://www.gopbi.com/partners/pbpost...e2233009e.html
    Concert review: Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth
    By Charles Passy, Palm Beach Post Music Writer
    Friday, August 2, 2002

For all the fuss that's been made about this summer's oddest musical pairing -- that of former Van Halen frontmen Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth -- it turns out there's nothing so strange about it all. In the end, what the two classic rockers are selling is the same thing that propels most older concert acts -- namely, nostalgia.

Of course, in this case it's a remembrance of things past that will probably never see the light of the present again. The Rolling Stones can hit the road every couple of years, Fleetwood Mac can reunite for a once-in-a-lifetime tour, but Van Halen seems to have faded for good -- at least as long as the brothers Van Halen (guitarist Eddie, drummer Alex) remain on non-speaking terms with Hagar and Roth.

Which leaves the two one-time lead singers the curious task of trying to rekindle the spirit of a group that was more defined by Eddie's blistering, metal-infused licks than anything else. Granted, Hagar and Roth could sing -- and Roth added an outrageous presence to the mix during the band's formative years. But by themselves, they're not Van Halen.

And yet, the 11,000 fans who came to MARS Music Amphitheatre on Wednesday night wanted just that. In a sense, Hagar and Roth, who each took separate 90-minute turns on stage backed by their own bands, did their best. In another sense, the battle was lost before it had begun: Who really wants to hear half-realized versions of Van Halen classics like Jump and Right Now?

Hagar, who opened the show, had a couple of ways of working around that problem. For starters, he has a wealth of pre and post-Van Halen solo material, from Three Lock Box to the recent Mas Tequila, and he used those songs as the starting point for his energized set. But when it came time to dip into the Van Halen treasure trove, he had a secret weapon, bringing Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony on stage.

The result was something of a party on stage, a party largely fueled by Hagar's superb musicianship and his devil-may-care, sun-soaked attitude. But ultimately, Hagar, who looks at least a decade younger than his 54 years, is a one-note kind of rocker -- a bad boy to the max -- and his act wears thin by, say, 30 minutes. Plus, by spending a portion of his set touting his own brand of tequila, he brought a blunt commercialism to the event.

Roth, on the other hand, was touting nothing more than his over-the-top persona. To some degree, he's hindered by the fact that, at 46, he actually looks older than Hagar. (Indeed, these days he comes closer to resembling that great ghost of rock 'n' roll, Edgar Winter, than he does David Lee Roth.) And his voice is pretty much shot; he's more apt to talk his way through a song than sing one at this point.

Still, Roth had a genuine dangerous quality on stage, spraying the crowd with a bottle of whiskey, making lewd remarks (and gestures). True, his set-closing rendition of Jump, a song of letting loose that defined Van Halen better than any other, seemed stuck in neutral. But in his sheer sense of bravado, he reminded us that a band like Van Halen was best when it lived on the edge.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

VH - 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to mention
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It is Friday and I am just getting to writing my review of the show. Let me start by saying that I am one of the biggest DLR fans on the planet and have hated Hagar since the 5150 tour. I have been reading every review of every show and I told myself that I would write an honest review. So here it goes. I cant start my review until I talk about the night before. I knew the bands were in town and I know Dave is a fan of the Strip Clubs, so I went to one of the local clubs here in WPB called Cheetah. Well, unfortunately Dave wasn't there, but his Guitar player Brian Young was and I got to talk with him for a quite a long time. He was very cool, and I told him about all the positive reviews he had been getting on VHForums. He seemed blown away by it. Oh yeah, one of the reasons I met him is because my friend got thrown half way across the club by Brians bodyguard. It was just a misunderstanding and everything settled down pretty quickly and Dave's Manager (at least thats who he said he was) who's name was Len bought us some drinks after a while and we were BS'ing with him for about an hour. I am still not sure if it was Dave's manager or maybe Ray Luzier, because they kind of looked the same. Brian was there with this incredible girl whose name I wont mention because she may be a celebrity soon. Anyway, she was incredible and the girls were totally into her. Brian told me they were just friends and have known each other for a long time. It seemed to be true. So finally the day of the show arrived and I was pumped along with my 6 friends whom I went with. I was even excited to see Sammy because I do like his Solo stuff. The seats were pretty packed by the time Sammy got out on stage. I was in the Second Row, Third Seat in Stage Right. (Sec. 1). Anyone reading this and wanted to know who I was, I was wearing a Kiss Button down shirt which seemed to get alot of complements. Anyway, It was about 7:40pm Hot as a Mother and Sammy came out and I must say that his show was a non stop Party. He definately had alot of energy and was just out there having a good time. I enjoyed his solo stuff and even liked the Van Hagar tunes (It will still never be Van Halen without Dave). I kept looking back and the Crowd was into the show for the most part. Sammy was fun but he lacks stage presence. Dont know if he ever had it. The coolest thing that I thought he did was have the two risers on stage with Fans in there the entire show. Sammy went in the middle of the risers and sang and passsed the mic around at let the fans sing. That must have been incredible if you were a Hagar fan. I can only imagine what that would have been like if I was up on stage with Dave. Anyway, Hagar was good, even though about 1 hour into it I was ready for him to get off stage and bring on Dave. The other thing Sammy had was MA, who brought the house down when he came out. Sammy also interacted with the audience quite a bit which made you feel like you were part of the show.(Exactly the way Dave used to do) Another thing was Sammy interacted with his band members alot and made them just as important as he was. Sammy ended with Dreams and MA came back out on stage with him. Then finally the wait was over and Dave came out and came out strong. He had some serious Audio problems and was visably pissed.(Sammy had some audio problems and just shook it off. I can't remember which song it was, maybe 55, but the mic was out for the first verse). I have seen Dave for every show since the Diver Down Tour at the Hollywood Sportatorium on December 9th 1982 and (this really hurts) Dave is not what he used to be. But that comes from someone who has seen him a dozen times and was trying to relive the past. As for my brother who has never seen him before, He thought it was awesome. Dave's voice isnt 100% there and he isnt nearly as mobile as he used to be. But he was Dave and I still enjoyed the show, I don't know if I ever wouldn't enjoy seeing Dave. The music was awesome and everything that everyone wrote about BY was true, he was an incredible guitar player. Dave needs to do more interacting with his band and more with the audience. On the up side, because of the little amount of interaction, we got to hear a couple of extra kick ass VH tunes that we wouldnt have. High point for me was DOA, I am not sure if i had ever heard that in concert before. Daves music just blows Sammys away and he knows it. Unfortunately, he relies on it to much and wasnt as entertaining as he used to be. His music kicks Ass and He was good, but not like he used to be, but i guess who is. If they came solo and played in WPB at different Venues on the same night, I would still see Dave everytime over Sammy. My half brother who lives in phoenix saw the show there and said he enjoyed Dave over Sammy, and he had never seen either. Dave was in incredible shape (much better than Sammy), so I was surprised he wasnt very active. Anyway, Dave will always be my favorite and is the only one who should be back in VH. Doesnt look like it will ever happen though. It was a good show and I guess Sammy earned my respect. I am not going back to reread my review, I tell it like I see it. I hope if there is ever a reunion it will lite a spark under Dave's ass to be the Toastmaster General just one more time.

"I'm searchin for the latest thing, a break in this routine, I'm talkin some new kicks, ones like you aint never seen"