Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

aLL THE PEOPLE WHO SAY DAVE DOESNT HAVE IT ARE JUST PLAIN LYING,listen to little dreamer or doa from this recent show,he sounds great...
    I understnad if you dont like the guy,but lying about him not being able to sing at all anymore-its just plain sad...
    Thank the lord for the roth fans who managed to tape this amazing show and put the liers in their place.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 09:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I havent even heard that many people saying his voice is any worse then it ever has been. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Well to be honest we all know DLR has never had the better voice of any of VH's 3 singers. But it seems most of the complaints on this tour has been about his looks( dress mostly) and his stage presence.

So all this about everyone saying his voice sucks... I dont know man, I dont see it.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Roth's always sucked as far as "singing ability" but he makes it up with his cool Kung Fu moves.

I hope he jumps around a lot when I see him on August 14th in PA
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

he has an amazing voice to me,regardless of whether anyone thinks so--the point is these tapes prove he is better then ever,and is band sounds more like old vh the vh did on their last tour.Regardless,no one would no this wasnt vh in their prime unless they were told...Ive got lots of boots and this 1 of the best sounding-Dead or alive is incredible,with the screams as well.And maybe its cause im a little new to this site but most of these comments come from sammy fans saying how great he is ,then say daves voice is shot---just go back and read the reviews.....Oh well,i cant imagine anyone thinking dave doesnt sound incredible on dead or alive--i guess some people hear just dont like vh 2 cause he sounds phenomenal....Finally the recording is available and i guarantee people will still say his voice is shot.what a joke.

[ June 26, 2002, 06:22 AM: Message edited by: yunigo ]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin with The Devil
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 07:15 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree that Dave's voice sounds great on the MP3 from Dallas. But, Dave's voice doesn't suck and it isn't the worst of the 3 VH lead singers. He has a different voice! I might add that DLR sings the classic VH songs (which are better that the other VH songs) better than either of the other two. I have not seen Dave as much as many of you (1984 tour in OKC, EMAS Tour OKC, Skyscraper OKC/Denver, DLR Band OKC/Dallas, and DLR2002 in Houston) but his voice sounds better today than he ever has...even better than most of the bootlegs that I have heard. Sure Sammy and the other guy (I try to forget VH3) have more range but I still prefer Dave's voice any day! I am VERY biased I have to admit because I was raised on the origonal Van Halen. I wish I had been old enough to see him in his prime (1978-1982). I have always enjoyed this site and appreciate everyone's views but Dave to me is sounding better than ever! By the way I have all the VH albums and some Sammy material and I enjoy it. I would continue to buy anything that either VH or DLR put out.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:45 AM
    Liked 11,549 Times in 4,920 Posts

I was raised on the original VH too, but it's silly to say his voice sounds as good as it did. His recent work say otherwise unfortunately. I like his voice better than Sam and Gary's too, but he hasn't sounded good in a long time. Nothing sounds better than those early records with Dave's raspy vocals and signature scream, but sadly most of that is gone.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin with The Devil
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 07:15 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brett-

I was not fortunate to see Dave from the early years. I have not been impressed with his voice on other tours (Although I still loved it!) but it did not seem that he cared then (and neither did I). It seems to me he is really trying to sing these songs as they were sung on the records. From the concerts I have seen this is his best attempt. I have listened to the ZERO downloads and his voice was awesome then. He is still and always will be my favorite singer.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

brett,have you heard the new downloads from dallas?He sounds 10 times stronger then the dlr band cd.If youve ever heard him sing little dreamer or d.o.a. on a bootleg,please tell me which 1....He sounds incredible,,,Maybe you were refering to his last cd release,he sounds much better now.