Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Personally, I value my dollars enough to know I don't want to listen to either of those guys blabber through the set...I'm afraid there will be two guys up there who think the VH audience is so starved for VH music that they will accept anything they are given...

Ruminations?
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Dave brought 100% last summer. If he's competing with Sammy Hagar, he'll bring 200%.

And Sammy, naturally, wouldn't want anyone to think Dave was gonna upstage him. Hopefully he's smart enough to realize that means HOLD THE CHEESE [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah there's no way either of them are going to let their guard down. Expect a great show from both, every night.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

We shall see...I hope you guys are right...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

They're going to have to "bring it" every night to keep from being upstaged by each other. Honestly, this might be the best time to see Dave, as he'll have to work hard to actually sound good for a change

That said, I think this is better served in the Sam & Dave Forum - heading there now!
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm expecting these two dudes to go full blast every night. I also think they'll have alot of fun doing it. Now if they can only talk Mikey into playing bass and singing back up for both sets!
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

Without question they will BRING IT every night, if for no other reason than the rivalry aspect of the thing. It's gonna be awesome!

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

I think the competition between the 2 of them to put on the most powerful set of each evening will drive them to put on some of the best shows of their lives, at least outside of the VH shows they were a part of. Having said this, it will be as much about the music as the money to them, if they do leave it all on the stage each night, and the crowd goes home knowing they got the real deal. I don't begrudge these guys making money for a great product, and don't mind payin' for it, as long as it''s fresh and real. Just seeing those pictures of them together and hearing a little of the audio leads me to believe they are going to be having fun and letting us be a part of it all. The Post reference from Dave about the VH reunion and Ed being ill make me think we should be thankful for this tour, hope it goes well and maybe it can be a stepping stone to bigger things later on. If Sam and Dave can get along, then that would help things in a big way.

If Ed is well, and just has no desire to play or make new music with both or either of them, then so be it. I don't want him up there faking it any more than I want to see Dave or Sammy go through the motions on this tour just for the sake of a buck. I think they are doing this for us and for the sake of the music and what it has meant to us over the years. Yeah, they'll make money, as well they should. When Ed gets a clean bill of health and feels comfortable about telling us, then things may move forward. I think this is a good thing they are doing if Ed is still ill, and I thought the few comments directed at VH, Gary too, were more for effect than to slam on them.

Probably the most sane and controlled DLR we will ever see, but cool just the same. I don't see people saying Sammy was taken aback by Dave's use of live props. His show is just about as wild and party oriented, with the waitresses bringing out the drinks, so it's all nothing new to him. Kind of cool, seeing how they would play off of each other, and didn't really step on any toes in the process, kind of like a couple of guys thinking before they shoot off at the mouth and ruin a good thing. There is still hope for us all!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Without a doubt they will both give MORE THAN 100%. They have both done so in the past. Plus they want to rub the brothers faces that they can get along just fine without them.

Eruption
    Light industrial complex on Eastern Seaboard
    Last Online

06.08.07 @ 12:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

you want to compare the two?

better see dave vs sam early in the tour. dave will sound excellent early on, but by the time he hits midway, his pipes are blown. not to mention his mind.

sammy will sound awesome all the way through it. don't know how he does it, but that little melon ball can belt it out night after night.

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think that their inborn competitiveness is gonna make them both be 100% on and then some every night. [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] Synergy!! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] They'll feed off of each other [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] Neither one is gonna want any fan to say that one outperformed the other. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.04.17 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts

I think they will try and compete with each other and end up not liking each other very much by the end. JMHO.