Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:16 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Radio station here (101.5) has put out a couple of times today that the show is coming to San Diego, Coors Amphi., 9/16. Nothing yet however on Sam's site, ticketmstr or Coors site.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey dude, hows it going, this is dave in phoenix,, the asshole who is hungry for another show by dave and sam tour, cause the one in phoenix,az sucked cricket pavillion sucks and i been to coors before its nice placem good sound and cool air.
    i looked for tickets also and found none, but the concert is mentioned on vanhalen news desk, it is too early for them to confirm it. just like cegas show. it will be middle or late july i think before we know.
    sam and dave have some free time in july before they finish the i guess you could call 2nd legg of the tour. and i think once they feel that things are good enuff to continue then we will know. but usually 8 weeks is roughly the amount of pre time on tickets sale. so july 7 would be about right. but who knows.
    well if you find out anything post it here, please. thanks
    (( back up bitch! i missed the order box, move your ass back please , so i can order my food,((well if you would have pulled up to the right place in first place.,. look lady back the fuck up or im gonna cap your ass!! yeah uh ill take a#4 quarter pounder plain with cheese only.!!!! drive thru please !!

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Elwood P.:
    Radio station here (101.5) has put out a couple of times today that the show is coming to San Diego, Coors Amphi., 9/16. Nothing yet however on Sam's site, ticketmstr or Coors site.
    Yes, this is true. I've been hearing it on the radio, both KGB 101.5 and KIZO 105.3, for the last several weeks.

When I worked the 93.3 Smoke Free Show at Coor's a few weeks ago, I brought this up, and I was told that it wasn't a "sure thing" yet.

It's listed on Pollstar, though. I've been checking TM's site and calling them every Wednesday to see when the tix will go on sale. I tried contacting Coor's, but they're only open (officially) the day of a show, or when an event goes on sale. Other than that, if you try and call the venue all you get is an answering machine with choices for voice mails.

I'm working an event on Thursday, and my wife is working one this Wednesday (Van's Warped Tour), and I'll see what she and/or I can find out.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:16 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Date listed on VHND is 9/6. Must've heard it wrong. The 6th is a Friday.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i hope all goes well,
    i consider this san diego show to be a 2nd legg. that they wanted to wait till later date to make official because of the fact they dont know how things were gonna work out between sam dave
    or and also there may be some problems with
    getting the place for a show still in limbo. but anyway i thought it was 9/6 2002 are you saying it may be a diffrent date than that 9/16? let me know thanks. im keeping my eyes open on ticketmasters etc
    (( back up bitch! i missed the order box, move your ass back please , so i can order my food,((well if you would have pulled up to the right place in first place.,. look lady back the fuck up or im gonna cap your ass!! yeah uh ill take a#4 quarter pounder plain with cheese only.!!!! drive thru please !!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:37 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

sweet!

i'll git my ass to anotha show fo sho! tell us, how you doooooo?!?!?!

JMJ [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by lefthandtapper:
    i thought it was 9/6 2002 are you saying it may be a diffrent date than that 9/16? let me know thanks. im keeping my eyes open on ticketmasters etc
    The proposed date I was told is in fact September 6, and it is on a Friday.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's an update:

My wife worked security for the Vans Warped Tour this evening and she inquiered about Sam & Dave coming to San Diego.

She was told by our boss that due to the San Diego Street Scene being scheduled for that weekend that the Sam & Dave show at Coor's might not happen. Now, I don't know if it's because they don't want to compete with the Street Scene or what, but as it stands right now they're not scheduled.

If you've visited www.pollstar.com recently, you'd see that even though the date was originally listed there a few weeks ago (it was there. I saw it myself after being alerted to it.), it's now gone. Ticketmaster also has no info on it. Our boss said he would check into it, since KGB 101.5 and KIOZ 105.3 have been advertising the hell out of it for the last week or so.

Once I get more info on it, I'll post it here.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:37 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

wonder if this show will be on ticketmaster.com?

i know the hartford ct. meadows show hasn't been on there.

if this shw happens i wanna be sure i know when this show goes on sale...can't miss this one...

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Okay, here's another update for Sam & Dave in San Diego.

I worked a concert earlier this evening and spoke with the VP of House Of Blues Concerts for San Diego, who is also the venue manager at Coor's Amphitheater here in San Diego.

Now, I know there's gonna be some San Diegans here who will jump at the chance to say "THERE AIN'T NO HOB IN SAN DIEGO!!!" Yes, I know this. However, HOB productions owns several venues and is responsible for many of the concerts that take place here.

I told him how I saw the date of September 6 about a month ago, and both of the rock stations here were advertising the same thing for a while, then suddenly and mysteriously stopped. I asked him if Sam & Dave were still scheduled to play San Diego on or around that date. He said "No, they will not be playing San Diego".

I walked to the nearest, darkest corner and cried my eyes out. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Sorry, guys.