Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

If you went to the August 11th show, please feel free to add a reply with your review here.

Let's try to keep this thread for REVIEWS ONLY, and not for discussion. That way, it will be easy for people to read them.

If you want to discuss this particular show, just make a new thread for that.

Thanks!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

HEAR ABOUT IT LATER / FULL BUG
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just got back what a great friggin show. I think that DLR kicked ass. A lot of the criticism thrown around in here towards Diamond Dave by you Redheads is unjustified. I think the only thing Sammy does better than Dave is pace himself throught the show. Anyhow Dave started with HFT and ripped through the usual setlist from what i can remember. He stopped during the begining of So this is love to tell a story about flyering cars outside a Bob Marley concert and did a little acoustic intro to Ice Cream Man. It was also friggin awesome to hear And the Cradle Will Rock live. The place was packed during both sets aroud 13k acording to Sammy. Anyway Dave sounded great he can still whip out a (for lack of a better term) "whoo"scream and a Runnin with the devil type scream just not quite as often. He sounds way better than early 90's and could front VH tomorrow as far as I'm concerned. Daves set is balls to the wall until he gets to Little Dreamer and Pretty Woman where the back up vocs help out to give him a break. One thing not mentioned here much is that Sammy doesnt do a lot of his high shit either or has Mona help him out. That crazy high sing along with the keyboards in why cant this be love Mona sang. Also during WCTBL Sammy let the audience sing most of the choruses. I guess to make a long story short Sammy's set list is structured to give his voice a break and DLR"S really isnt as far as i can tell. Also Dave gets critized in this forum for his band playing the songs note for note. I saw Brian take liberities with the solos but keep the more memorable licks intact. Meanwhile Vic plays three finger Ace Frehley licks. So Daves band is criticized for actually being able to play the friggin song. You think that Vic is "making the song his own"? I call it not having the ability to play the song in the first place. When they played Runaround and it went to the solo section my friend said "what song is this?" and hes a sammy era fan sporting a got tequila? shirt. He also thought Sammy's song selection sucked (no poundcake dreams and when it's love for encores and no rock candy. Anyhow it was a great show and you really should get out and see it if it comes your way. sorry if im rambling im still half drunk. later
    "We are going to have the hap hap happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap danced with Danny F*****g Kay"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.24.17 @ 06:35 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

just got back myself....lots of titties up on the big screen. That was sweet. As for the show...both dudes rocked their asses off. I am a Roth era fan but they both catered to their fans. I wish Dave would have let some fans up on stage with him too but....I was really impressed with Daves new guitar slinger...that dude wailed!!! Sammy's was weak...i agree Clark W. Anyways...my head is pounding and I should be gettin to bed...
    Well ain't life grand when you finally hit it, I'm always a sucker for a real good time, woke up in life to find i almost missed it,aint I glad that love is blind

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

to start off i like both eras of vh, so for me this show was nothing but enjoyable. i think they both did a great job. daves voice may be a bit weaker than sams but only a tad. with daves show you get a real nostalgic vh feel,like a tribute show,which is cool with me. brian young is a pretty good ed impersonater and his tone was pretty good,but id say he played almost everything note for note .ray luzier is really good as well,nice double bass action. the only song i think was a little weak was "yankee rose". dave kept his show fast paced and his little talk breaks were cool. sammys show opened good too with shaka doobie. sammy seemed a little more personal with his fans and his set seems to slow down and speed back up. i will agree that vic johnson is no eddie and doesnt really do the solos right ,but hes still a good guitarist and his tone was good too. the highlight for me was "heavy metal" which flat out rocked. it just seems to bad that theres so much childishness and disagreement about who is better. one dude just sat through sams whole set yelling and harrasing people about how dave made vh and sammy sucks and blah blah. i like em both i give em both a solid 8.
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

VH2, and Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What a FUCKIN SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!! My ears are still ringin and my voice is gonna be shot of the next few days. Let me first say this my friends, I am by a pro dave OR a pro sammy guy. I LOVE both eras of van halen and have enjoyed DLR's and Sammys solo stuff. I was Born in 1980 so when i first started listenin to VH sammy was in the band so I was really there Dave and he didnt dissapoint me one bit. And from all the post I read around here about Dave I thought i'd never say this but Dave stole the fuckin show tonight!
    He was just fuckin amazing, and I dont wanna take anything away from Sam cause i enjoyed him and the tittys on the jumbotron [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] but Dave's set list i thought was just far better. I mean after Dave i just didnt have any energy..he just drained me. And I agree it was GREAT to hear And the Cradle Will Rock. I was dyin to hear Unchained though and he never played it
    Dance the Night Away rocked as well..it just seemed like with every song he played it just got better and better and the crowd was just into it tonight. Just a great fuckin crowd tonight.

As far as the guitarists goes I think both played well so i disagree with you guys that didnt like Vic's playin. I mean I really dig the fact that he doesnt play the VH songs totally like Ed cause that wouldnt be original. I thought the VH tunes were great but i was a bit dissapointed that he didnt do 5150. Best of Both Worlds nearly blew the fuckin roof off the place though..everybody just went fuckin nuts and was singin along..it was just great. I still havent calmed down yet. Dave's guitarist was EXCELLENT. And no he didnt play eddie's stuff note for note and it sounded awesome. His solo with the two handed tappin was really cool. I heard some booin going on in the lawn section durin it but i guess ya cant please everyone right. Oh yea and this band Clockwise played like an hour before the show off to the side and they were really good. So if you like good rock and roll yall should check em out.

Lastly I'll say that me bein an afro-american fan of these guys and of Van Halen I didnt know what to expect from the show. I mean i didnt know if i'd feel comfortable there cause i knew i'd be in the minority but i'm tellin ya alotta you guys that were there made me feel right at home. I got sooo many high fives and ppl sayin hello it wasnt even funny. It just felt right bein there just wish Ed, Al, and Mikey coulda been up there rockin the house. That dream for me has yet to come true. Anyways..it was a great show so you guys that havent seen them yet go out and do so please. Support these guys cause they stand for what used to be right in rock and roll. Sex, drugs, women, loud guitars, fast guitars, and ROCK AND FUCKIN ROLL!!!!!!!!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

bullshit he didnt play eruption. Brian played some crazy both hands OVER the neck tapping lick that sounded nothing like eruption and lasted all of 1 1/2 minutes.
    "We are going to have the hap hap happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap danced with Danny F*****g Kay"

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Fools
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK, I am a big Dave era Van Halen fan and Sammy is OK, so here goes and I'll try to be unbiased (it won't happen). I am not going to pretend that I know Dave's band OR Sammy's. This is just what I and my friend (who is a drummer heard). Now, I saw Dave at the Spectrum in November and I was shocked as to what a showman he was. He's an ass, but he is an entertaining ass and it is fun as hell to watch and even more fun to listen too. I believe he had a different band with him Nov. 2001, but I could be wrong. Anyway, Aug. 17th, his band kicked ass. They did play most songs note for note, but as not mentioned in this post, they did mix it up with some nice improv jams toward the end. Those guys can play; I was shocked how Dave surrounds himself with such talented musicians. The guitar was incredible , anyone who can come close to Eddie is awesome. The bass was decent and the drummer was more of a lead drummer (the Waboritas guy is more of a timekeeper).
    Sammy was good too. I like his party atmosphere, with the fans and the women and the drinking. He probably looks better when he opens up for Dave, because it looked like an attempt to top Dave, which just wasn't possible. Until "Best of Both Worlds" the fans just weren't into it the way they were into Dave. Sammy's guitar (and the other guitarist) just couldn’t match up to the VH riffs like Dave's guy could. Now he improvised a little more, and was freer flowing, but the cords weren't there. Dave's band also looked like they were having more fun. They are just a more talented band. Now, my friend and I got into this argument. I said that it could just be that Dave has more of an impressive VH catalog to pull from (which is true). Dave's stuff is filled with awesome guitar riffs, and amazing musicianship. Sammy's VH stuff is more laced with synthesizers and most of the hits were power ballads. Both of their solo work is OK stuff at best, I know this will piss some people off, but they weren't GREAT solo artists. Sam was very good, Dave was . . .well . . .he had Steve Vai (that is about all I can say about that).
    Anyway, my friend won out saying, that DLR's band was better, even if they placed Sam's VH stuff, they were just more talented. They are a ROCK band; Sam's band is a PARTY band.
    I thought Sammy's "jab" at Dave was unprofessional, when he mocked Dave's Sexual innuendos in "Panama." I know they have been fighting on this tour and I have not heard details, but it was poor sportsmanship. I think Sammy's voice was a bit better, but that is all I will give him. They are both entertainers, but Dave knows how to connect with the audience better. They both do a tremendous job in that respect, but Dave seems more genuine and Sammy seems to be trying to match up in this respect, and he can't. Dave had the crowd more rockin'. He is just a better showman. He might be an "asss", and Sammy may be the nice, rational guy, but Dave definitely outperformed him on this evening.

Cherno

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 06:02 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been reading the reviews of this tour here and after reading the reviews already posted regarding last night's show in Camden, I felt I had to register and write my own.

I grew up on Sammy, but either with either singer (Gary not included) VH is my favorite band. I was looking forward to seeing DLR because I've never seen him live before. Going into the show, I had pretty low expectations for him based on everything that I read. He definitely surpassed those expectations. His voice isn't too shot, although he doesn't really sing in tune all the time and mumbles some of the words. Overall, he did a very solid job.

Now the real reason that I registered is that after reading some of the reviews, I felt that these people were either intoxiacted when they wrote their reviews, at a different show, or still living in 1984. Saying that, I'm really not biased, I'm just calling it how I saw it (along with everyone in my section).

During Dave's set, when he went into his Bob Marley monologue, all I heard were shutup Dave comments and bring on Sammy. Then during the break, someone tried to start a DLR chant (he may have posted a review here already), and the entire men's bathroom starting chanting "asshole". The crowd was definitely into Dave, but it was pretty clear that he was opening for Sammy. The place was on its feet for all of Sammy's set (except for the obligatory bathroom break- Eagle's Fly). I've seen Sammy solo before and I left dissappointed every time. This was the best I've ever heard hims ound w/ VH or solo. He must be on voice steroids or something. His guitarist still seems to struggle on some VH songs- TOTW solo, intro to Runaround, but he has significantly improved over the years (still don't understand how that guy is in a band that plays to thousadns of people). As for comments regarding Sammy taking voice breaks- thats just BS from DLR fans who have never accpeted Sammy. The crowd was singing along to every VH Sammy song- sorry fellas.

Bottom line- It just seemed natural that Dave was opening for Sammy. On 93.3, the promoter of the event, every fan interviewed said Sammy won.

DLR didn't do a bad job, Sammy just did that much better.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.24.17 @ 06:35 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

One more comment...I prefer Dave Era VH but I am a HAlen Head...not a red head or a dave head. Its all about the music. To me it was just one nonstop "best of" Van Halen and thats why I went. To hear the music of the greatest band to ever walk the face of this Earth. Both Sammy and Dave are showmen in their own right and people should just give it up about this "whos better" shit. I enjoyed myself from the opening drums of Hot for Teacher all the way through Dreams....nuff said!! What is understood need not be discussed!!!

Side note, it was funny seeing all the fucked up dudes all wrecked and passed out on the picnic tables outide. People were going up to them and flicking their ears and pushing them. If you are that stupid and cannot control your partying, you deserve whats coming to ya.!!!!
    Well ain't life grand when you finally hit it, I'm always a sucker for a real good time, woke up in life to find i almost missed it,aint I glad that love is blind

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Fools
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All I have to say to the last post, is if you were there AND COHERENT, you would not say Sammy was better than Dave. You just cannot aruge, tha Dave was louder and the crowd was definitely more electrified than for Sammy's. Sammy was more mellow, I looked around and by Sammy's 3rd song it was just more mellow. When Sammy moved on stage to greet the crowd THERE IS NO WAY you can tell me that THEY were more into him than Dave.

The guys who were saying "let's bring on Sammy" were ALL MEN and diehards. Any guy with a girl (and vice versa) was getting very into Dave's set as well as the pounding, "sexy" grooves. Sammy had a lot of women out there, but Dave is more flamboyant and more of a stage presence.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i just got back from the show as well...hell i gots to go to the bar before comin home. the show was awesome. DLR leads the best Van Halen cover band ever. They put the Atomic Punks to shame. DLR's voice sounded amazing. So much stronger than I had expected. The guy sounds awesome. It was pure nastalga at the Tweeter for Dave's set. Was it good? Hell yes, the setlist was pure VH. Was Dave good? Yeah he sounded good singing VH songs.

Thats the big difference DLR is more of cover band than the last VH tour. At least they played 3 new songs to Dave's one solo song...which had to have been written 15 years ago, or there abouts.

That is the thing that seperates Dave from Sammy. Sammy at least can draw on his own. He may have played a lot of VH tonight, more than I had expected, but his solo stuff stilll brings more attenention than the set lowlight, Yankee Rose. No one knows that freaking song, and while Dave's guitar player is unbelievable, at least Sammy's does not disgrace VH by playing Eruption. Why in the Hell does Dave play that?????? He has no business playing that, none. As I heard many people say tonigh while walking out...

DLR was entertaining, but Sammy rocked. his set flew by as everyone around me was into it, minus the small "shot" he took at Dave at the end of the show....'Thanks to dave for being on this tour'...

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by empyrelounge5150:
    i just got back from the show as well...hell i gots to go to the bar before comin home. the show was awesome. DLR leads the best Van Halen cover band ever. They put the Atomic Punks to shame. DLR's voice sounded amazing. So much stronger than I had expected. The guy sounds awesome. It was pure nastalga at the Tweeter for Dave's set. Was it good? Hell yes, the setlist was pure VH. Was Dave good? Yeah he sounded good singing VH songs.

Thats the big difference DLR is more of cover band than the last VH tour. At least they played 3 new songs to Dave's one solo song...which had to have been written 15 years ago, or there abouts.

That is the thing that seperates Dave from Sammy. Sammy at least can draw on his own. He may have played a lot of VH tonight, more than I had expected, but his solo stuff stilll brings more attenention than the set lowlight, Yankee Rose. No one knows that freaking song, and while Dave's guitar player is unbelievable, at least Sammy's does not disgrace VH by playing Eruption. Why in the Hell does Dave play that?????? He has no business playing that, none. As I heard many people say tonigh while walking out...

DLR was entertaining, but Sammy rocked. his set flew by as everyone around me was into it, minus the small "shot" he took at Dave at the end of the show....'Thanks to dave for being on this tour'...
    Brian didn't play one lick from Eruption, he did his own solo, the only thing that resembled Eruption is that they started with the Bass, Drums, and Guitar crahing on the A chord, and then letting the symbals and Bass fade, and then Brian Wailed AWAY...Anyone who thinks Brain is playing Eruption doesn't have a clue about music...

Trust me it was his own solo, now does Brian have and obvious Ed influence and Ed flair??? YES...

My full review will come later...

[ August 18, 2002, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: DLR'sCock ]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dude you are nuts the only people yelling for sammy were the adult contemporary crowd. As for sammy not taking breaks during best of both worlds he didnt sing "of", "both", or "worlds" once he just stuck the mike out for non existant crowd perticipation. He took plenty of choruses of and had Mona covering for him plenty.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Clark W. Griswold:
    Dude you are nuts the only people yelling for sammy were the adult contemporary crowd. As for sammy not taking breaks during best of both worlds he didnt sing "of", "both", or "worlds" once he just stuck the mike out for non existant crowd perticipation. He took plenty of choruses of and had Mona covering for him plenty.
    Also the whole damn place was on it's feet during Dave's set. It seemed that Dave got the biggest reaction fomr the crowd, he really did have the place...

He had some huge crowd applause form the audience after each song...

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar at The Tweeter Center in Camden, NJ, Saturday, 8/17. Across the water from Philadelphia.

Well what can I say, I was quite psyched to get to this show, and I had a great time yesterday before the show, during the show, and after the show. I certainly did get quite blasted by the end of the night!! [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

When Diamond Dave hit the stage I already had downed about 6 or 7 beers in the parking lot and smoked some kool herb, and I bought one inside before heading to my seat. I was feeling good, and had a good buzz on. I was STANDING on my seat in section 102, row X(24th row) seat 21, for the full length of DLR's set. I was pretty much dead center, of course 24 rows away. The place was quite filled, and everyone that was there for the night was already inside. Sammy said there about 13,000 people at the show. Dave opened with "Hot For Teacher", and although he sounded good, I think he was nervous the first few songs into the set, even my girlfriend noticed this. To me I think his nervousness takes away form his performance, but once he settled in and gets over it, by say the 3rd or 4th song, he was fine and ON FIRE. Dave was great this night, but I thought he was better at the Spectrum in Nov of 2001. Although at the Spectrum in Nov I was about 2 feet from the barrier center stage, maybe that had sometihng to do with it!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    I think I counted about 15 round house kicks in the air, maybe a couple more and Dave did the flying split off the riser at the end of the night, he egged on the audience for a HUGE applause to do it, hehe!!!Not bad for 47...the man can probably kick most peoples asses.

Dave's band is great!!! Brian Young is fantastic guitar player, and a better suit for this gig than Bart Walsh. Brian's guitar solo, WAS NOT ERUPTION at all, he did his own solo, there were no licks from eruption in ti, the eight finger tapping thing was quite impressive too. Also Brian sang back ups with the band, so we had 3 backing vocalists instead of two. Ray kicks ass on the drums, he is fun to watch and listen to, and James is rocking rock solid Bassist. The music sounded great, and Dave sounded great too. Anyone who says he doesn't't talk to the crowd, well whatever, Dave did address the crowd, and few ladies in the crowd a bunch of times and told this really kool story(I think during "So This Is Love"), about when he was young and how he used to go to all of the big concerts and flyer the hell out of the cars in the parking lot(yeah he was THAT guy) of the big show in town(a Bob Marley concert I think). It was fun to hear Dave tell this story, and he kept going on about Bob Marley, and looking at the poster and picture of Bob, comparing the young VH to Marley, the Hair, The Spliffs , etc etc....the best part was the punch line, he said, "...and I looked up at the poster and said to myself, one, you know, one day, I'm gonna smoke joints THAT BIG!!!" The crowd busted up laughin', and I did as well!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] Also Dave enticed the crowd to chant along with the "Hey hey hey hey" in ATBL, which was interesting to see, and the crowd, the whole damn audience sang a couple of lines in RWTD. nevermind I heard a lot of people singing alone, but necessarily in my direct area. I took a picture of the couple in front of me, (well they asked me to), but I framed the shot so Dave and the boys were in the background.

They blasted through everything you wanted to hear, DOA, Everybody Wants Some, And The Cradle Will Rock, I'm The One(the Bop Badda Shooby Do Wah part was very kool!!), Mean Street, etc etc, but no UNCHAINED!!! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] , I was hoping to hear Unchained, ah well, maybe on Tuesday at the PNC Arts Center!!! You guy know the set list!!! People loved the Microphone stand spinning he did during Jump!!! Ray did some killer double bass work at the end of Jump too!!! I loved the blues licks that Dave was playing on his acoustic guitar during the intro to "Ice Cream Man"....he should play guitar more in that style. Dave's voice was good, he needed a few songs into the set to relax, as I said before. The backing vox were strong too. Overall Dave gave a strong performance and the crowd really loved him. I was on my seat singing along to all of the songs, and the whole audience were on their feet the entire time, the roar of the crowd was very very loud!!!! Dave really did own this night, I think Philly and South Jersey have a lot of Dave fans.

Dave set end, We go out to take a piss and get more beer!!!!! I decided to buy the David Lee Roth Jack Daniels style black T-shirt. It's kool shirt and the urge came over me to purchase it. BTW, there was a ton of merchandizing at this show, there were about 6-8 different Dave t-shirts, baseball caps, girls panties, and Sammy had the same amount of merchandizing too. Also they were selling the Sam and Dave: Rock n Roll Champs T-shirts, with a pic of Sam and Dave. GREAT SHIRT!!!(There is more with the shirt.... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] )

OK I gotta get back to work, I will finish my review later, and will give the Sammy review....

OK I am back...

We missed Sam's first song, I was just hanging inside chilling when he went on, we went in during "Runaround", which at first I could not tell what song it was. Let me say this, Sam has incredible pipes, the guy can still sing his ass off, I give him serious credit for that. I must say though, that I think Sam's band is average, they are not that great. I don't understand why Sammy, who has so much money and is a professional, doesn't get better players???? I mean he should at least get a better guitar player and DEFINITELY a better drummer, that guy stinks...You could keep Mona on Bass and the keyboard guy, but I don't know why Sam doesn't have a better axe man and drummer. During the Van Halen songs there was serious lacking in the musical performance of the songs, Sam's voice and all of the background harmonies were great, but the music???? OK I am done with that. Again Sam has a great voice and a lot of energy, and runs all over the place. I personally don't care for the bleachers full of fans. Even my girlfriend turned to me and said it was pretty gay. Who wants to see a bunch of old fat people on stage??? Well that damn waitress was HOT!!!!!! hubba hubba....hehe

Sam did all of the numbers from tour, and it was good, but I think the crowd was more pumped during Dave's set, Sam got a big response, but I think that Dave got a bigger response, maybe they were a little worn out form partying and Dave's set. So when he began his dialogue with Finish What You Started", my gal needed to take a pee, so I went out with her. We got another beer each, and I waited at a table for her, BSing with a dude form the show. While sitting there I noticed A PIT ticket stub, on the table and grabbed it. I was like, hey maybe I'll go up front with this.

We went in, and my gal was kool with it, so I went up front to the PIT area, I was on the left side of the stage(facing the stage that is), and was really really close to the barrier, the band sound was much better up close...Also It should be noted the sound quality for the whole night was fine, except Dave's mic died once. So I listened, and again Sam's voice is strong, I think that might explain Dave's nervousness at the beginning of his set, he was not nervous in Nov at all. So decided that when band members of Sam came to my side of the stage, I figured I would hold MY DAVID LEE ROTH shirt up in the air facing them. I did it to Vic and Mona once, but they didn't notice. Sam came over once and didn't see it. BUT......hehehehe this is pretty funny, maybe some of you saw this, during Mas Tequila, I held it up high when he came to our side of the stage again, and I had my beer cup in my mouth, holding my shirt up towards Sam and he saw it and me....hehe So he's looking at me, and immediately he's like "come here man, come here, so everyone looks at me push away to make room for me to go up to the barrier, and I' like WTF, ok I'll go up....he's looking at me holding his Corona beer out at me saying like, "come here", and motions his Beer in a pouring fashion, so I am like ok, fuck it, and I hold my half drunken cup of beer out, and he pours like half or 3/4 of his Corona into my me cup of beer. I look at Sam right in the eye, he's looking at me(you know thinking, gotta win over the Roth fans...hehe, hey it's a party man!! ya know!!!), so I look at him, and I say, "hey Sam your kool man, your kool man"...and he carries on....It was kinda funny and he was kool about it...people were looking at me like, "Woooooooooo"....

So I stayed up front for one or two more songs then I went back to my girlfriends seat, and hung with her the rest of the show...

One more thing about Sam. He made some comments and digs in an interview about Dave's thinning hair, and well that's not kool. The thing is I can't understand why he would say such a thing when SAMMY HIMSELF HAD A BALD PATCH ON THE TOP OF HIS HEAD???? I mean why would he make those digs when he is losing his hair to?? It doesn't make sense. Believe me I saw it like 6 or 7 times on the large video screen when I first noticed it. Anyway...that's just a small thing I just wanted to bring up...

I had a good time, Dave was great, Sam did his thing and was good, but I was much more(really only there to see Roth, but I was curious to see Sam) there to see Roth, so I give this show to Dave. Sam's voice was better, but Dave sounded great when he got in the swing after a few songs in, and he did plenty of his high screams and yelps during his set. It seemed to me that the audience was more into and more responsive on a whole to Dave's show. I will also they loved Sam too, there were plenty of Red-Heads showing their support of Sam, plenty, although I think "some"(not many) people left either during Sam's set or after Dave's set, but whatever...Sam had alot of support, but Dave seemed to get a really big reaction form the crowd....I kept looking behind me during the sets all night, during the songs, and during the applause. Also Dave's band is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Sam's band. All in all, everyone had a good time.

I went out in Philly and proceeded to drink more, and I passed out at a bar...LOL!!!!!

Rock n Fuck N Roll!!!!

I will see this show again on Tuesday at the PNC in Holmdel, NJ!!

Also it should be noted: During the night I felt the ghost of Eddie Van Halen at this show, if you know what I mean, and I during Dave's set I tried to imagine Mike, Ed, and Al performing with Dave up there....

maybe someday, maybe...

Peace!!!!

[ August 18, 2002, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: DLR'sCock ]