Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

My seats started out row JJJ, section 204. Before the first song I was in the first row of section 204, center stage. We kept getting kicked out of seats, but we found a home there [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Yes Im talkin' about the Chicago show. I'm not gonna do a full review because Im too lazy. But here's the jist of my night. Sammy opens with Red, which wasnt too exciting, Runaround was real cool, and his set was good, until a certain person joined Sammy on stage! Michael fuckin Anthony! It was the coolest thing seeing them together again. The feeling was undescribable. I went nuts during TOTW. Poundcake was my fav of the night though. How long Ive waited for that. Sounded Great! They played some more Van Hagar songs, and Sammy had a cool lil story behind the writing of FWYS. Then Mike left, Sam went on. His show was real cool. Mike came back for Dreams, and I was hopin theyd play Right Now, but I was very impressed hearing Dreams. Sam can still pull it off. Then they all did a lil Cabo Wabo sing a long, and left. Sammy was fantastic.

Enter Dave. Guitarist opens perfectly with Hot For Teacher, they jump right into Panama. Dave's set was pretty straight forward, with him humping things, and doing his Jack Daniels routine. He humps the light fixture, which was sorta cool. LOL. And he did a bunch of kicks and shit, again cool. So later in Dave's set, this guy next to us give us section 104 seats row U. We never saw row U. We walked in there and there was a huge brawl, all security guards trying to break it up. We took advantage, went straight to row 2, just in time to hear the beginning of Ice Cream Man!! Fuckin' Amazing! Still there, Dave jumps in to Everybody Wants Some. And yes we did it! Got to the first row. We were goin nuts! Seeing Dave that close was great. We lasted until the Unchained Solo, got caught, and were forced back, until we found a home in row L which is like the 12th row. We finished Unchained back there, and the ATBL, which was incredible imo! He even did his tow touch thing. Then the encore. Jump. Im not a huge fan of this song, but Dave performed it great. All the jumps, kicks, everything. He even did this awesome martial arts thing, with one of those martial arts sticks. He's pretty damn good at it. I was very impressed, and thought it was very cool!!! He ended the show with a patented tow touch, and that look he gets on his face. It was truly amazing.

All in all, great show, do yourselves a favor and see it. It looks a lot better in the first few rows though
    I am awesome

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Word, UW! Great review, seat pimp!

Halleen began SHOW REVIEWS » June 1st - Tweeter Center (Tinley Park, IL) - Reviews ONLY! just two minutes later than you had posted this thread. So I'm going to cut and paste your review into that thread and close this one up so as to try and keep things as streamlined as possible in here.

Cause that's what dreams are made of, son... [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."