Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 10:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey, I didn't see a link for this thread, so I just started it myself.

Just got back from the show here in Chicago (suburbs)...

Sammy went first. He looked good and sounded great. He was a lot of fun and was just good ole Sammy... fun loving, big smile all the time.

Michael Anthony joined him for 4 or 5 VH songs!!!!

Starting with Standing on Top of the World, others were Poundcake, Why Can't This Be Love, Dreams, Finish What You Started and maybe some more, I can't remember.

He sang during Why Can't just like on the III tour. He and Sammy were funny together. Over margauritas Mike says "I gotta hang out here more often" and Sam shoots back "yea, you do, you do need to hang out here more often" Dreams was done as an encore and he was wearing one of Sammy's "got tequila?" shirts.

Sam said something about "the brothers" while Mike was out there. I can't remember what it was, something like "I wonder what the bothers are doing".

Sam told a story to intro finish what you started where he says to Mike, "you've heard this one before, you weren't there, but you heard it the next day". He then tells a story of Ed coming to his house at 4 in the morning with the guitar around his neck saying he had a riff for a song and can they sit down and write. Sam says "Eddie with a guitar around his neck is not full of shit". Which is why he says he let him in, drank with him and wrote the song... then they play it.

At one point during Dreams Sam took a cigarette and put it in the headstock of his guitarist, a la Eddie style.

Lots of shirts and banners thrown in, "face down in chicago, kissing the ground", "see you in cabo" etc.

Dave was second. Dave looked great and sounded good, but not great. He does not have it any more. He has his heart, he was working and sweating, but something was missing. His voice is not there like it used to be, and not like Sammy's. He almost fell after his opening kick, the crowd almost gasped. I wonder if it affected him, his confidence seemed a little shaken.

Also, although the band was tight and capable, they lacked creativity. Sammy's band was funny, and diverse, and different. He had two small bleachers full of people up there with him. It was more *fun*. Dave was just not as much fun. He only had a few notes... Rockin's Dave, Quiet Bluesy Dave, Clown Dave... and he switched between them occasionally. But he seemed to be putting on an act.

The guitarist did his own version of Eruption, which seemed weird. It had the "Van Halen Tribute Band" feel to it. Not helped by the fact they only did one non-VH song (Yankee Rose) and it was flat. Sammy did lots of his own stuff, which even though I didn't really like it, it made him less sad. Dave was kinda sad.

I wished Michael Anthony had come out with Dave too, but Dave seemed to rigid to allow it. There didn't seem to be any improvsation or playing around. His raps didn't feel spontaneous, his first words coming on stage were "look at all the people here, can you hear me out there?" like he was checking them off the list.

I was a little let down by the Dave show. I have to admit I don't think he would be ready to rejoin VH in the shape he's in. Sammy definitely would be.

Don't get me wrong. I'll take Dave over Sammy on record any day, this is only a review of this nights performances.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 10:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

a couple other notes...

Sam thanked Dave for "doing this tour with us"

Dave claimed he was drunk and that he'd been "drink Cabo all day long"

Dave didn't do an encore, that is, he never left the stage after taking a bow with the band and going into "Jump"

During Dave's set a couple people behind me were yelling "you suck" and "bring back Sammy"

Dave didn't say anything about the brothers, he didn't talk much at all, but he did at one point near the end do a mock Eddie air guitar... he sort of screwed up his face like he wasn't very bright and twiddled his fingers.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It's hard to believe Sammy is 54!! He looked good, and sounded amazing. It sounded like he hasn't missed a step between 1986 and now. Well almost. But at 54, he is amazing. Bring him back to VH for the love of god! He can write a song, and who knows how many good years he has left?
    I am awesome

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sam's show seems to be different every night.. This is pretty damn cool. [img]smile.gif[/img] He knows that he has to pull out all the tricks, and he is doing that. Dave still does a classic show, which is very cool.. He should mix it up a little now thou. I hope the next show that I go to, dave does something a little different.. I'll have to waut and see. I hope to see mike!!!!
    "And my loves got no rain check baby!"-DLR

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

It's so cool reading all the reviews of these shows... Everybody sounds like they've had a great time, and that's what matters.

Before I lose my shit and get misty, I'm going to paste Unchained Wolfie's review that he originally posted last night in Fuckin awesome

Originally posted by Unchained Wolfie:

My seats started out row JJJ, section 204. Before the first song I was in the first row of section 204, center stage. We kept getting kicked out of seats, but we found a home there [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Yes Im talkin' about the Chicago show. I'm not gonna do a full review because Im too lazy. But here's the jist of my night. Sammy opens with Red, which wasnt too exciting, Runaround was real cool, and his set was good, until a certain person joined Sammy on stage! Michael fuckin Anthony! It was the coolest thing seeing them together again. The feeling was undescribable. I went nuts during TOTW. Poundcake was my fav of the night though. How long Ive waited for that. Sounded Great! They played some more Van Hagar songs, and Sammy had a cool lil story behind the writing of FWYS. Then Mike left, Sam went on. His show was real cool. Mike came back for Dreams, and I was hopin theyd play Right Now, but I was very impressed hearing Dreams. Sam can still pull it off. Then they all did a lil Cabo Wabo sing a long, and left. Sammy was fantastic.

Enter Dave. Guitarist opens perfectly with Hot For Teacher, they jump right into Panama. Dave's set was pretty straight forward, with him humping things, and doing his Jack Daniels routine. He humps the light fixture, which was sorta cool. LOL. And he did a bunch of kicks and shit, again cool. So later in Dave's set, this guy next to us give us section 104 seats row U. We never saw row U. We walked in there and there was a huge brawl, all security guards trying to break it up. We took advantage, went straight to row 2, just in time to hear the beginning of Ice Cream Man!! Fuckin' Amazing! Still there, Dave jumps in to Everybody Wants Some. And yes we did it! Got to the first row. We were goin nuts! Seeing Dave that close was great. We lasted until the Unchained Solo, got caught, and were forced back, until we found a home in row L which is like the 12th row. We finished Unchained back there, and the ATBL, which was incredible imo! He even did his tow touch thing. Then the encore. Jump. Im not a huge fan of this song, but Dave performed it great. All the jumps, kicks, everything. He even did this awesome martial arts thing, with one of those martial arts sticks. He's pretty damn good at it. I was very impressed, and thought it was very cool!!! He ended the show with a patented tow touch, and that look he gets on his face. It was truly amazing.

All in all, great show, do yourselves a favor and see it. It looks a lot better in the first few rows though
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Favorite VH Album

women and children first
    Favorite VH Song

humans being
    Last Online

02.10.12 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My impression of the Dave show was almost exactly as Hallen said (I guess I'm glad you said it first!) I love did I say LOVE the Dave era Van Halen, but seeing him last night was a bit of a let down. Dave isn't as awesome as he was during the heydey of the mighty VH. It was cool hearing all those GREAT songs, but he cant scream like he used to, he cant hit the notes like he used to and it felt like I was watchin a VH tribute band(which I kind was Iguess) Dave IS bad ass, but there was something missin nowadays.
    Sammy Rocked! but I WISH Eagles fly, were retired. He threw a party and everybody got into it.

PS I don't feel bad about not makin it to the nonparty at the Blue Iguana Oh well....
    "And the Cradle will Rock!"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

yep, you read right! I had a "sit down" with Pabs yesterday and let me just say that Tim and his friend were very cool-- you read people one way on here and then meet them in person and you see how different than they are from their online personas--I just wish we would have figured out who each other were when we walked into the bar.

and Tim was right--the preparty was a Sammy Hagar love fest some very .. uh... colorful Sammy fans.........I even had a few Wobaritas even though the bartenders were making them wrong...

followed Tim to the Tweeter Center and snuck in my recording gear--YES I got it all in and YES I taped both Sammy and Dave

Sammy played first----- and somewhere during the show, Mike shows up on bass and played 3 or 4 songs in a row with them---I think "TOTW" "WCTBL" "5150" "FWYS" and I think the last two songs of the show. Mike actually got the biggest ovation of the night! I don't know what you guys have in your mind , but I thought I was going to see a "bar" set up on Sammy's stage----WRONG! Instead it's some kinda bleacher setup that looks like 8th grade football game!

after Sammy's set ended, my girlfriend and I walked up on the grass and smoked some of the good stuff--but then right before Roth came on, my girlfriend got real sick and had to go to the bathroom... she ended up missing all of Dave.

Dave put on a "no frills" show--it was cool hearing the crowd sing all the songs! he sang pretty good for the most part but he does have this one scream that is kinda irratating.(sp?)Other than that I thought Dave really tried to sing all the words and just SING in general.

my concert going experience is always somewhat sacraficed for the sake of getting a good recording. I can't scream or sing along to songs --I have to stand there like a statue even though I'm wanting to "mark out" at times.

MVP at Chicago show--Mike .. you can't really top that

ps--I haven't listened to all the discs yet, but I'm pretty sure that Sammy's guitar player didn't play the intro to 5150--they just kinda jumped in to the song.
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

...oh, forgot to add that we didn't go see The Punks after the concert. My girlfriend was too....uh.... "tired"(passed out) to want to go
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

It's great to hear that Mikey joined Sam on stage for a few tracks. I really doubt that Ed and Al would even care. Let Mikey have a little bit of fun afterall it's not like VH has toured in the past 3 years.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by hain23x:
    ...oh, forgot to add that we didn't go see The Punks after the concert. My girlfriend was too....uh.... "tired"(passed out) to want to go
    We didn't go either.

We ended up just going to Taco Burrito King (Harlem and Belmont), and ate some tacos. By the time we got there it was like 12:30-12:45, and we were like, fuck it.

I'm sure the Punks will come around again one day.
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Ok, here's my end of the story. I left my house around 2:30. Listening to the Loop, and Seaver, the DJ, had an interview with Michael Anthony, who said he'd be playing with Sammy for a few songs, claiming Sammy didn't know. Mike said he was in town for the Chicagoland Motor Speedway (he's a racing fan, so it makes sense). But why pick a Saturday you know DLR and SH are in the house????

I arrived at Blue Iguana at 4:00 with my friend Matt thinking that I was gonna be the last one there.

Blue Iguana = THE CHURCH OF SAMMY HAGAR!!!

Every fucking MULLET in town was in this bar with the flowered shirts and "Red Head" attire.

So I hung there with Matt, had a couple Miller Lites by the window. I told him that since I know what Lead Synth looks like, if I happen to spot her, I'll approach her. I have no idea what Unchained Wolfie, Bostonian, or Uncle Ted look like. We know the famous Hain pic of him lighting the cig, but I remember seeing a pic of him and Synth and he was clean shaven back on New Year's. So I wasn't 100% on what he looked like. I had to try and remember.

Anyway, I was in the middle of Mulletville, and I had Matt order two Waboritas. The Loop was sponsoring the bar with Sammy attire.

Anyway, I see this guy with a green shirt, wavy hair, sitting at the end of the bar with a girl. He wasn't really talking to anyone but her, and I was thinking that this has to be Hain. It looks like him, but I wasn't too sure. I came close to just going up to him, but I didn't want to look like an ass if it wasn't him. I kept looking over at him, and we made eye contact a few times.

So, it was like 5:45 now (I thought we were to meet at 3), and I was like, OK, fuck it! We paid the tab and right when I got up, the blonde woman came up to me with a big smile on her face and asked, "Is your name Tim?" I fucking laughed and said yes, and walked right over to Hain who had this big smile on his face, and I got a nice 5 from him. So he and his fiance (right?) pulled a stool with Matt and I, and one of the first things we talked about was "Osama FORD Laden". It was funny as hell.

We ended up heading to the venue together as Hain followed me there, and we hung in the lot while Hain put his taping gear in his drawers.

Then we got to gate, and they did the pat downs, and I had to press buttons on the cell phone and whatnot.

------------------ On to the show.

Sammy - PROS

Sammy's stage setup was much better than Dave's. Sammy had the two little 5 row bleachers behind the stage that a select group got to see the whole show from there and cheer from. I've never seen anything like it. It was very colorful and very Cabo Waboish. It was like a big party, and exactly what I figured it'd be.

In between songs, Sam would call for the hot babes to bring him a drink. He claimed the bars were making the Waborita incorrectly, and he made one on stage, went to someone in the front row, poured their $8 beer on the ground, and replaced it with what he made. I thought that was cool.

Michael Anthony. We knew he'd jump in, but "when" was the question. I think it was for Poundcake. Girls Gone Wild on the Jumbotron. Tits and ass all over. Almost a few poon shots too. The drill recording and saw going through a striped guitar was a bit symbolic of course.....not really sure if he needed to do that. Either way, Mikey was having a GREAT TIME up there. Sammy said to him, "You're gonna have to go and explain this to the brothers..." or something like that. Michael looked VERY happy.

Sammy wore a Sox jersey. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cons of the show. Other than the poor choices in the setlist (Eagles Fly, Give To Live), there weren't many.

Dave - PROS

It was David Lee Roth! Period!

The songs that I wanted to hear were played. I wasn't disappointed. He screamed in the mic like it was 84.

He jumped off the risor to do his splits in mid-air at the end of Unchained, and Jump. I always wanted to see him do it. (First time seeing Roth). He can't do it as well as he used to. But, he's 48. What do you want from him?

He twirled around a mic stand so fast it was awesome!

CONS - Very mellow Dave. I expected more jumping and excitement. I think DLR was very low key compared to some 99 and 2000 footage I've seen.

He did goof on a few verses and I think he forgot the words during I'm The One.

Not nearly as social with the fans like Sammy was. I was expecting the opposite. I know Sam is normally social too, but Dave really wasn't, and I expected more.

--------------------

On paper, you think Dave blew Sammy out of the water, based on setlist. The way it was presented however, stole the cake with me.

I've never seen someone fly through a setlist as fast as Dave did. Ever! 3 second break every time. No joke. Sammy used his 90 minutes. Dave still had 15 minutes if he wanted.

Another thing. If I had the power, I wouldn't watch those dumb DVD clips ever again. But of course, they were on the jumbotron for a few songs.

----------------

I prefer Dave. No doubt. The Punks guitarist was a good clone, but EVH, he isn't. I don't think it's even comparable. I thought Vic (Sam's guitarist) played some VH songs OK. Runaround was almost note for note. I guess anyone can learn.

However, getting Michael Anthony into the equation, and the fan involvement, and the colors, and energy Sammy has brought to the table, there is no question that Hagar isn't messin around. His vocals were very clear and easy to understand. I was extremely impressed with Hagar after this show.

Dave doesn't have a cakewalk here, and I was thinking Dave would win by default.

Either way, the shows were indeed completely different altogether.

I'm also thinking that Michael Anthony won't be doing other shows, since he didn't do Ohio or Michigan.

I'll post more if I can think of more.

OH, BTW.....

What happened to the whole "gang" that was supposed to meet at Blue Iguana? If Hain's girl didn't pull me over, I would have walked out of there a bit disappointed.

[ June 02, 2002, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Pabs ]

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Anyone notice how good that teenage girl did the "do do doodoo dooo doo doo doo" during Why Can't This Be Love?

Sammy pulled the mic away for a split second in shock and yelled, "Holy Shit!!!"

I thought it was awesome, and that girl did an awesome job.

Sam's show was just so FUN and involved.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 02:08 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Well I made it out to Chicago, and met up with Uncle Ted, and Lead Synth.

We were late getting in, but we made in it just in time for when Mikey took the stage with Sammy. All I can say is what a night. Basically it was me, LeadSynth, and her sister hanging out in Section OO! And as I was getting the beer I was looking at the tv and saw Mikey. So I KNEW the show was going to be great!

I must also say, that Dave seem to be trying TOO hard. I agree with most of the reviews about Dave just not really being there. He went through the motions, but there wasn't any Dave there. I don't know. I guess I was kind of let down since I was really wishing that Mikey would have jumped up on stage with Dave too.

Also Hain, and everyone else... Sorry we missed you at the Blue Iguana, we were running very late, and then got lost coming back from Tinley park. By the time we made it to Joe's it was 2AM! On top of that, I haven't gone to bed yet and I am back home in Boston!

Once again LeadSynth, thanks for the awesome time, and I know Uncle Ted will be checking in with us too. In fact, we were packed 5 into my rental Mustang flying down the highway last night! What a rush!

-Bostonian

ps. Hain I am still waiting for beer! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Hey, I couldn't be more sorry that we didn't make it to the Blue Iguana. My group was running late and barely even got into the show! Tim, I know there were a bunch of my friends there that don't necessarily post here... But mostly I'm disappointed about not getting to meet Unchained Wolfie. This is the 3rd time we've been to the same Sammy show and not met! UW, I swear I exist!

Like Bostonian (Ben) said, we met and went to the show together. What a trip to see MIKEY!!!

Here is the "review" I just posted to the Sam and Dave list...read if you like!

Saw Sam and Dave last night Saturday at Tweeter in Chicago.

Before I give you a review, I'll tell ya about the huge debacle last night before we even got to the show. What happened is, Ticketmaster cancelled my original order (without calling me first to confirm) when the address on my credit card didn't match the address they had for me...but I was able to get 3 decent seats from this lady in Indiana at almost face value. Well, she sent them to me, but she was wiggin' out since they took so long to show up in my mail. So she called Ticketmaster and had them "cancel" those. She said the "real" ones would be at will call. Okay, fine. On Friday, of course, the original tickets show up in my mailbox.

Not only do I have to go to will call, the lady says, I am supposed to meet her there because she has to apparently sign something. Okay, fine. Never mind that I have no idea who this person is. So we make plans to meet.

My sister Lindsey (who just moved to Evanston) and I head into Chicago and meet up with an Internet friend named Ben. He turns out to be cool (not sketch.) Then we're off to pick up the Brazilian dude, Fabio, and his friend. Problem is that we can't find their hotel and the man doesn't have a cell phone. So we've got Lindz who just moved here, me, and Ben who's never even been here before, driving a rental car around downtown trying to find a dude we've never seen who speaks English as a second language. We were stuck in gridlock forever. I think we got through Diver Down twice just inching along Chicago streets. We finally figure out where the hell we're going, find Fabio (who is wearing that "Atomic Punk" shirt and green Bermuda shorts) and his friend and get on the road to Tweeter. We're running way late, of course.

So we're off to Tinley Park but once again, nobody knows where they're going. Yet we miraculously make it there safely and kind of on time at 7:00. Needless to say, we don't make it to the Blue Iguana (it sucks that I didn't get to see my friends!) Indiana lady is nowhere in sight, so go to will call and ask them what's up with my tickets, will they still work, have you heard from this other lady, etc. They look at me as if I have grown two extra heads. Apparently Indiana lady has the real tickets, but where is she? I ask the Tweeter staff if we can page someone. Not possible. We stand around pondering our situation while my sister, never having been to a big show by an "old" band, gets a kick out of the variety of aging rock fans in attendance. Finally Ben, who works as an auditor for the government, flashes his way-cool official-looking ID and asks to speak to the manager at the box office. Manager asks us some questions and finally tells us to try the tickets we have. We do. They work just fine. By this time Sammy has already gone on and we can hear the Wabos pounding out "Top Of The World."

So we hurry inside to grab some beer and soda before finding our way to our seats. We see the video monitor showing the stage screen while getting our drinks. And there is Michael Anthony. At first I thought they must be playing some old video, but no, Mikey is actually THERE, playing with Sam, completely unannounced. Unbelievable! I try to explain to Lindsey how cool this is, in Smashing Pumpkins terms ("It's like if D'arcy randomly showed up at a Zwan gig!") and we get ourselves inside.

I couldn't be bothered to write down a setlist, but Sam and Mikey were there throwing down all these VH tunes. Mona was, of course, there too laying down her backup vox when MA handled bass. They pulled out 5150 which was great to hear, and did Dreams for an encore. Sam and the Wabos sounded INCREDIBLE. With Mike there I felt like I was watching LWAN! Ben hadn't seen this band before and was totally impressed. I can't say if it was the best Sammy show I've seen (since I missed the first part anyway), but they rocked the house. They absolutely rocked the house. The crowd loved Sam, Mikey was a total trip, and there was a general feeling of "Who needs Eddie when we've got this?!" It was tight.

We watch them do the changeover from Sammy's colorful stage to Dave's sparse blast-from-the-past stage. I was excited about seeing DLR for the first time, but we decide in order to top this, Dave has to bring out MA also. Dave of course does no such thing.

As a sound tech the big thing I have to say is that the mix was decent for Sammy but God-awful for Dave. The drums were too hot and muddy as hell (I think they were very reverbed). I would have liked to hear the guitar--I have to hand it to this Brian, I think he played a darn good show. Hard to tell though. God bless the acoustics in a place like the Tweeter, but I shouldn't have to dig to find any melody there. Was I just standing in a bad spot? I kept wanting to sneak up to front of house and find the deaf person mixing this show and beat him over the head (or at least tweak some knobs for the poor guy) but I decided I could deal with it because hell, we all know these songs anyway, right?

Dave's band opened with Hot For Teacher and Panama. Dave looked great to me. He was doing his spin kicks, the whole kit and caboodle. I actually thought that was pretty cool, not having seen DLR live before. I would have loved to be closer. Midway through the show, the guy sleeping behind the board FINALLY boosted Dave's vocal so we could kind of hear. Highlight of Dave's set was Ice Cream Man, IMHO, and Brian's solo spots (I honestly think he nailed it down.) I really wish I could catch Dave and his band in a smaller place where Dave could actually talk to the audience. Dave was being all Mr. Nothing-to-Prove. I did have a good time but I'm not gonna lie and say nothing was missing from the show. Sigh. Sam wins this round.

After the show, Ben and I wanted to try and catch the Punks (and maybe meet up with some friends) but by the time we got the bar (other side of the city, nice place) their set was long over with.

So the coolest part of the night was Mikey and the biggest disappointment was not catching up with the gang. See you next time, right? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Maya
    www.mayakuper.com

"VH rocked Staples like a foot rocks grapes in Naples." - mistere

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well Maya, I did look for you, thought I saw you once, but I looked closer and it wasnt you. Plus she was smoking and I dont think you smoke. Anyways I had a great time at the show. Dave's overall sound was fine from where I was both times. I would say Sammy outplayed Dave, but I enjoyed Dave more, for 2 reasons. 1. I heard great VH songs I've never heard before live. 2. I snuck up to some of the best fuckin seats in the house. Even if I was moving around a lot, I was in the first row for 2 songs, within the first 5 rows for 4 songs, and the first 12 rows for 6 of the songs(by 6 songs, Im including the ones in the first row and the first 5 rows, so I was up there for like 6 or 7 total songs). The seats were better, and I didn't have to look at the screen to see facial expressions anymore. I was sorry it had to end.
    I am awesome