Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"Blind" Willie,
    (Your name says it all. Grow up Man. Nuff said.) For those wondering who is right and who is wrong. And what difference does it make really? Just go see the show when it hits your town and make up your own mind. No one loses either way. It's a damn good show.
    "The truth hurts."

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Harris--you are a musical idiot--a insignigicant mindless bridge troll--Sammy's setlist was AWFULL--full of BORING SUCKASS TUNES YO!!!!! DIG YER HEAD OUTTA YER ASS--Sammy couldn't carry Dave's jock into the gym--Dave was so awesome Sammy might as well juzz packed his shit an' took Tupac an' Rosanne back to Hawaii!!!!!!

Where Eagles Fly is the worst cut EVER!!!!!! GIVE A CLOSE 2nd!!!!!!

SHAVE YER MULLETS SAM THE SHAM FANS!!!!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 12:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Had a great time with DiamondD and his buddy and now my bud Ron. They turned me onto some great new tunes on the trip up and I only wish Sammy had played as much Montrose as we did on the way up!

My review will be short and to the point:

Dave, you had a great sound man, just turn it up!
    Sammy, you need a new soundman, turn it down!!!

What A show! What a trip! What the fuck???????

Apologies for missing the gang at Dave and Buster's. I roadtripped with two of the world's coolest people this weekend and that is worth as much as any show! People go see this show. I imagine all other shows will be more of a level playing field, as Sammy had the full blown home-court advantage here, and all he won at was his show was loudest because of the terrible sound, and the fact that it was his crowd, and they gave it up for him. Still, a great show, but I'd rather have seen this with a crowd of old-school rock and roll fans. I thought Sammy's fans would share the love with Dave full bore, but they chose to try to prove a point and all it got me was a bad sounding show from Sammy. Turn it down bro and let the music do the talkin'!
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 02:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm willing to bet that both Sam and Dave have the SAME sound guy. I mean, why pay two different people to do the same job?

Nevertheless, THIS GUY SUCKS!

It was the complete opposite at the show in Detroit. Low for Dave (faded in and out) and good(not great) for Sam.

The sound guy is probably the most important person at a concert. (except who you're going to see, of course) They need to get rid of this guy and get someone who KNOWS WHAT THEY"RE DOING!!!
    "Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard

"......HEY!.............alright............." -BIG FOOT

" I know what you're thinking: "Do I want to watch Mard? We know that horses were very strong and could actually stop airplanes from flying away. The ones made out of stone called "statues" -- occasionally came to life and rode off is a colonial cliche. How many more times do we need to hear about how the oppressive Raj's wore villainous black capes, crafted cunning plastic masks to impersonate people, and drained all the blood from their slaves so they could keep the fluid in bottles in their dungeons? I mean, YAWN!

But if you're willing to sit through this dry sort of historical drama one more time -- or even just this dry historical review -- you will not be disappointed. In fact, some of you might just learn something they didn't teach you in school!-
    MARD-The Movie

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

03.28.17 @ 07:03 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This was the third year in a row I've seen Sam in St. Louis and I'm glad that I caught this one. Though I love both eras of Van Halen, I was definitely there to see Sam. But, I have to give DLR a ton of credit. I did not expect to enjoy his set but he absolutely rocked! The only negative thing I can really say about Dave's set is that it was lame that they did eruption. Other than that, it was great to hear all of those songs live. You could tell that a majority of the crowd was there to see Sam and that Dave had to work to get everyone into the show but by the time it was over everyone seemed to be having a blast.

Overall, I still think Sam's show was tighter--Vic Johnson has definitely improved over the years. Other than the fact that both performers left me wanting more music (an hour and a half is just not long enough), I think everyone got their money's worth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push Comes to Shove
    Last Online

02.12.12 @ 07:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok, this was the first Dave or Sammy concert I have even been to. I am a couple others drove up from Memphis. I will say up front that I prefer Dave to Sammy tremendously. And I don't hate Sammy, but have never prefered his music, even pre and post VH.

Dave: Man, out of nowhere the band is there and playing, then out walks Dave. Nothing grand at all, I didn't care. There has been much talk about Dave's voice, and the other think I had to prejudge from was audio recordings of several songs from last years tour and the Valut (or was id dlrarmy, dunno?). When I heard those recordings I though, damn this guys sounds pretty bad, mayby the voice is gone. Sat. night changed that opinion! Dave rocked! His band was amasing, the intro to Mean Street, BADASS!!! Listening to Dave I didn't get the impression that he forgot words as much as he skipped a line here and there, suprisingly it didn't really bother me. I even skipped about 15 rows to get a better seat for most of this setlist. I agree with an earlier statment about the injury, he didn't do much more than kick. The band was tight, but Brian Young blew me away, sure he isn't Eddie, but I got my Van Halen fix better than ever before! The bad tihng with Dave, was Damn St Louis did not react almost at all. I knew half way through the things about this being Sammy's town was ture. Most everyone sat during the whole thing. Ice Cream Man got the crowd going more than anything else. I would have been nice for Dave to interact, but not in that town. Intreaction or not, I wasn't in the front row, and wouldn't have gotten that much out of it and I saw in Dave what I came to see. Period!

Sammy: His voice sounded great, nodoubt! I was suprised that his guitarist Vic sounded pretty good. Not Eddie, and not even Brian, but still ok. Sammy needs to kill that infomercial for Cabo Wabo, his tequila sucks anyway. [img]smile.gif[/img] Sammy had the crowd in his hand all night long. That being said....man I really don't like his stuff. I know everyone has opinions, but When Eagles Fly, I do not like that song at all! I didn't much mind the nuddie girls, it gave me something better to look at. I think I'll stop here because I left about 3/4's the way in to Sammys list, and the 2 non Van Halen (and much more impartial to either singer than I) fans with me wanted to leave as well.

The final word Sammy still has it, thought I couls care less what it is. Dave rocked! I would see this again if another show came close to Memphis. I do think eitehr singer could front VH again. And in this day where rap and bubble gum pop rule the airwaves, I could use a little of Dave's crazyness rather than a few Sammy ballads about love.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Sinners Swing
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ALLRIGHTY..... here is a perspective from a fan that was sitting front row center!
    Let me start off by telling you all how I scored these tickets. I had pretty crappy seats back in row QQ when I arrived at the UMB at 6:00 sharp. I first noticed there was a DJ playing old Van Halen tracks off to the side by the VIP tent. I then saw a dude go up and Karaoke "Ain't talkin about love". The DJ cam on the mic and said, "Get on up here for the big Dave/Sammy Karaoke contest, winner gets front row tix" Anyway, you can see where I'm going with this. I got up and did "You really got me" (thought it would be a crowd pleaser, and it was!!)
    They had the vote and I WON! If you were there, I was the one doing the high kicks and the Dave-esque screams. I got to my seats, and I was as centered as you can get, 1st row baby!!!
    From where I was sitting Dave sounded kick-ass!! and the band was right on.. The look on Dave's face after hearing the crowd was sheer happiness. I don't think I heard any flubs or mistakes, but i will admit Dave lost some power as the show went on. I gotta say that Dave equaled any performance I have seen, even ones dating back to the late seventies. And if I had to choose any other band besides Van Halen, I would have chosen these guys!
    Now... Sammy's show. It didnt really matter how Sammy played, because this is truly Sammy territory, he can do no wrong. This was my first Sammy experience, I have never been much of a fan, but once again I was in front row so how could I not have a great time. The energy alone was awesome. Looking back and seeing the whole place going crazy was quite a site! In closing, Sammy was good, but I identified much more with Dave's setlist!
    I am just happy I got to see both of these guys together in just a capacity. Thanks to Dave AND Sammy (and the judges of the Karaoke contest!! HA)
    Thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Give me a bottle of anything...and a glazed donut.. <br />To GO!!!!!

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    Thiz a here show might be in my desert island all-time top 5 ROCK N ROLL shows evah oohh yeah yeah yeah one time sho nuff I can diggit yez yez yez!!!!!! And The Cradle Will Rock...what a great cut to cook up afta a lil' John Lee Hooker voodoo blues boogie woogie an' let's all take tha A Train to Panama y'all saddle up all you NUTHIN BUT YEAH cowboys, cowgirls, an' injuns...speakin' of runaway locomotives...I'm The One c'mon an' sho yer luvv baby...Ice Cream Man...this one here goes out to anyone with a sweet tooth aw reep!!!...some in yourrr face Brazilian jujitzu juju mojo john the conqueroo howz' 'bout a lil' fire scarecrow??????...HELL YEAH!!...Great Hoggily Woggily...the son of satan [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] an' our lil' 2nd Darren from Bewitched...I can't drive 55 where's Eddie to make this cut tolerable heh heh heh...if Dave's drivin', get the fuck off the sidewalk...favourite Roth show is still live in Kansas City '01--Romeo Delight and Bottom's Up...I say God Damn I ain't lyin'...You Really Got Me/Kansas City jam...WELL ALL RIGHT!!!!!!...Atomic Punk vetted up by the mighty, mighty DLR Band is like hearin' Son House play some lowdown Death Letter Blues...that's the blues right there y'all one time nah yez yess!!... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Hang 'Em High Blind Lemon Loons's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind Of Truth!!
    Favorite VH Song

Stay Frosty Whooooo! Look Out!
    Last Online

05.06.17 @ 09:07 PM
    Liked 154 Times in 114 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Willie Loons
    [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    Thiz a here show might be in my desert island all-time top 5 ROCK N ROLL shows evah oohh yeah yeah yeah one time sho nuff I can diggit yez yez yez!!!!!! And The Cradle Will Rock...what a great cut to cook up afta a lil' John Lee Hooker voodoo blues boogie woogie an' let's all take tha A Train to Panama y'all saddle up all you NUTHIN BUT YEAH cowboys, cowgirls, an' injuns...speakin' of runaway locomotives...I'm The One c'mon an' sho yer luvv baby...Ice Cream Man...this one here goes out to anyone with a sweet tooth aw reep!!!...some in yourrr face Brazilian jujitzu juju mojo john the conqueroo howz' 'bout a lil' fire scarecrow??????...HELL YEAH!!...Great Hoggily Woggily...the son of satan [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] an' our lil' 2nd Darren from Bewitched...I can't drive 55 where's Eddie to make this cut tolerable heh heh heh...if Dave's drivin', get the fuck off the sidewalk...favourite Roth show is still live in Kansas City '01--Romeo Delight and Bottom's Up...I say God Damn I ain't lyin'...You Really Got Me/Kansas City jam...WELL ALL RIGHT!!!!!!...Atomic Punk vetted up by the mighty, mighty DLR Band is like hearin' Son House play some lowdown Death Letter Blues...that's the blues right there y'all one time nah yez yess!!... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    Good God Almighty!! Great post sho' nuff!! 'Nuff said.
    ASHES TO ASHES...DUST TO DUST...IF THE WOMEN DON'T GET YA, THE WHISKEY MUST!!...

"I used to play the blues alone in all the local joints," he explained. 'The only thing that I can really play on guitar to this day is the blues. I heard Doc Watson and his son playing 15 years ago, and from there I got into Leadbelly and John Lee Hooker."--DLR

If you pay attention -- what I sing, the guitar sings, too, and what the guitar says, I say.--Mississippi Fred McDowell

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 01:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

This forum is accepting new posts!

Hang 'Em High Blind Lemon Loons's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind Of Truth!!
    Favorite VH Song

Stay Frosty Whooooo! Look Out!
    Last Online

05.06.17 @ 09:07 PM
    Liked 154 Times in 114 Posts

Donor

Boom Boom Boom Boom

Sizzlin' all the way to the top-ahh nahh yezz yezz yezzah!!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

11.12.08 @ 12:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default I'm thinkin' this tour

I'm thinkin' this tour is bringin' the best of Sam and Dave to the 'fore--Roth was pitchin' an' ol' time wang dang doodle all hell yez!!!!!An' outstanding, earth shattering mind splattering lowdown gutbucket jump blues boogie woogie version of Ice Cream Man might've been the highlight of the night yez yez yez indeed!! Dave kicked my ass--made it hard to deal with Spammy's same OLD setlist--the Red Rocker was ok--BUT SERIOUSLY DROP EAGLES AND GIVE AND WCTBL(tho tha crowd was a rockin' for this #)--FWYS was a good jam! ...I wish I was a catfish I say swimmin' deep down in the sea...I wish Diamond Dave would've closed. Great Boogily Moogily DLR ruled the stage an' the mean street--Atomic Punk was heavy I ain't lyin'!!!!!! Voice sounded juzz FINE! Brian Young,James, an' Ray were awesome--I closed my eyes a couple times or just looked at the huge screen an' it felt like '84 for juss a lil' bit...wow ahhh yeah.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

05.17.17 @ 05:07 PM
    Liked 350 Times in 202 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sohel2009 View Post
    I'm thinkin' this tour is bringin' the best of Sam and Dave to the 'fore--Roth was pitchin' an' ol' time wang dang doodle all hell yez!!!!!An' outstanding, earth shattering mind splattering lowdown gutbucket jump blues boogie woogie version of Ice Cream Man might've been the highlight of the night yez yez yez indeed!! Dave kicked my ass--made it hard to deal with Spammy's same OLD setlist--the Red Rocker was ok--BUT SERIOUSLY DROP EAGLES AND GIVE AND WCTBL(tho tha crowd was a rockin' for this #)--FWYS was a good jam! ...I wish I was a catfish I say swimmin' deep down in the sea...I wish Diamond Dave would've closed. Great Boogily Moogily DLR ruled the stage an' the mean street--Atomic Punk was heavy I ain't lyin'!!!!!! Voice sounded juzz FINE! Brian Young,James, an' Ray were awesome--I closed my eyes a couple times or just looked at the huge screen an' it felt like '84 for juss a lil' bit...wow ahhh yeah.
    Looks like they've made crack a social drug again....
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel