Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.21.17 @ 11:31 PM
    Liked 11,450 Times in 4,866 Posts

If you went to the June 7th show, please feel free to add a reply with your review here.

Let's try to keep this thread for REVIEWS ONLY, and not for discussion. That way, it will be easy for people to read them.

If you want to discuss this particular show, just make a new thread for that.

Thanks!
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner\'s Swing!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe no one from MO knows how to use the internet. Come on, let's here it!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

11.20.17 @ 09:28 PM
    Liked 881 Times in 336 Posts

Originally posted by RothnRoll:
    Maybe no one from MO knows how to use the internet. Come on, let's here it!
    LMAO

review or not, that was pretty funny

JMJ [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner\'s Swing!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello, Is anybody out there? Nod if you can hear me...as long as Your chin isn't tripled.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well...Well...Well...Lawd Lawd Lawd...Yez Yeah...Diamond Dave was shakin' 'em on down in ol' St. Louie friday night one time!!!!!! Great setlist(I'm The One and Cradle were fantastic sho' nuff), great guitar picker(no Eddie but a lot better than Vic), and Great Hoggily Woggily it was good to see our president, our fearless leader--The Toastmaster of the Immoral Majority!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] I bought a cool NUTHIN' BUT YEAH t-shirt and Diamond Dave's No Holds Barbeque...had me a real good time watchin' Soul Brother #2, Jim Dandy, Jr. prove(like I knowed he would) that he is the greates'--awesome show mofos!!!!!! Bein' a blues man I could appreciate Dave's blue outfit an' I know he was lovin' playin' to a packed house!! I'm thinkin' this tour is bringin' the best of Sam and Dave to the 'fore--Roth was pitchin' an' ol' time wang dang doodle all hell yez!!!!!An' outstanding, earth shattering mind splattering lowdown gutbucket jump blues boogie woogie version of Ice Cream Man might've been the highlight of the night yez yez yez indeed!! Dave kicked my ass--made it hard to deal with Spammy's same OLD setlist--the Red Rocker was ok--BUT SERIOUSLY DROP EAGLES AND GIVE AND WCTBL(tho tha crowd was a rockin' for this #)--FWYS was a good jam! ...I wish I was a catfish I say swimmin' deep down in the sea...I wish Diamond Dave would've closed. Great Boogily Moogily DLR ruled the stage an' the mean street--Atomic Punk was heavy I ain't lyin'!!!!!! Voice sounded juzz FINE! Brian Young,James, an' Ray were awesome--I closed my eyes a couple times or just looked at the huge screen an' it felt like '84 for juss a lil' bit...wow ahhh yeah...Beautiful Girls(a lil' Walk This Way vibe forya one time canyadigggit??)was a helluva buugie wuugie...we were 8th row fo DLR(moved down right quick)and it was definitely one of the best mighty David Lee Roth shows Ize seen...a friend of minze snuck up to the first row and she was flirtin' with the Diamond One--she was lovin' the smell of Jack D in the air up in here up in this motherfucker yeah yeah yeah!!!!!!

Heavy Metal was cool--Poundcake and 5150 were stellar but I was sho' nuff tapped midway thru Sambo's set. Roth had the better guitar man, setlist--he was tearin' it up--one half of the greates rock n roll duo was the hoochie coochie man aw reep...a lil' bit of VH for the people nah... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] Sammy was predictable--I wish he'd drop Dreams--RHRN wasn't bad all stripped down--he even threw in a lil' Cabo Wabo lyrics at the end o' his gig...sam threw a helluva party, but Diamond Dave WAS the party--a re-union show wit the brothas Van Heineken would be a natch'l fried hock boogie yez yeah...

God Bless Diamond Dave!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Don't Tell Me
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 06:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The show in St. Louis last night was great. Both singers gave steller performances. Dave's set seemed to be just like all the others that I had read about. This was the first time I had ever seen him and I thought he was pretty good. His guitar player was awesome. If Dave is smart he will keep this guy around for awhile. I agree with a lot of the people who said his voice starts to fade toward the end of the show and he starts talking instead of singing, but that didn't matter cause it was still good.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Don't Tell Me
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 06:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The show in St. Louis last night was great. Both singers gave steller performances. Dave's set seemed to be just like all the others that I had read about. This was the first time I had ever seen him and I thought he was pretty good. His guitar player was awesome. If Dave is smart he will keep this guy around for awhile. I agree with a lot of the people who said his voice starts to fade toward the end of the show and he starts talking instead of singing, but that didn't matter cause it was still good.
    Sammy's video leading up to his show was really cool in my opinion. I also didn't think his set was a big infomercial like people have said. He seemed very relaxed and happy to be in St. Louis. He also announced during his show that he has a live C.D. coming out that was taped in St. Louis last September. I was there for that so I am excited. His setlist mostly held to previous posts also, except I think he played longer than he was supposed to. I was kinda surprised Dave only played for an hour and ten minutes, but Sammy took the rest of Dave's time up when he played. Contrary to previous reports "Eagles Fly" was a big hit last night as the crowd was singing along.
    It was a great show last night overall. There were alot more people there when Sammy came on-stage and he seemed to be more of the crowd favorite. That doesn't surprise me though since St. Louis is a Sammy town and he comes here every year. Dave was good last night, but Sammy was the champ in St. Louis.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.27.15 @ 06:04 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It was fun and entertaining to see Dave do the old VH, but it also makes me realize why The Brothers don't want him back. Brian Young was the star of the show as far as I was concerned. Couple of times Dave got the lyrics mixed up, the audience seemed to know the songs better than Dave did. Little Dreamer and Beautiful Girls sounded great. I miss the classic Dave screams on Running w/the Devil and Everybody Wants Some. Jump was just off all together, they were just a hair behind the keyboard track. But still, it was really FUN to see Dave and hear the classics. The only thing missing was Mike's background vocals, I suprised Dave didn't have someone with a higher voice in the band.

Sammy just rocked our asses off. GREAT show as always. I can't imagine the shows where Sammy opens for Dave.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I guess I can't add too much more than what's already been said, but it flat out rocked! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

BOTH Sam & Dave sounded incredible! Dave was hitting his "death yells" early on w/absolutely NO PROBLEM! I mean, I heard 2-3 that were straight outta 1979! Good to see him with all the energy and determination. The band...tight as ever. Ray Luzier is the unsung hero in all of this . This guy is one amazing underrated drummer that needs to shine in his own! What a talent and what a force behind the kit! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Sam's show...what else to say but it was in St. Louis?? He was truly at home on the stage, especially in front of his closest 15,000 Missourian friends and he put on a great show. Typical interaction between songs, although not as much as I expected. I wasn't that impressed with his setlist and as mentioned before in other threads, he really should have relied a bit more on some of his older, classic solo stuff. It wasn't a real Sammy show w/out a little "Rock Candy" or "Bad Motor Scooter".

Only few gripes...

-Dave needs to talk to us between songs. It's already been hammered to death so I'm not gonna belabor the point. But he DOES need to loosen up a bit. He overall seemed in excellent spirits though and that was a good thing.

-Sam needs to lose the "Girls Gone Wild" videos. No reason whatsoever to include those in the show except that he probably feels like he needs to go over the top to try and "one up" Dave. He'd just given a 7 year old boy a cool looking Uncle Sam stocking cap when they launced into "Poundcake" and all the R-rated videos. Granted, a Sam & Dave show may not be the place to bring your kids, but Sam really doesn't need to go down this road.

-Would it kill either one of them to vary up their setlists every other night? Just posing a question...

-Sammy: fire your sound guy. He had Lauser's drums sounding muffled and lost all night long. Compared to the thunderous booms of Ray, Dave L. got left behind.

-Where was Mike? Of all places for Sam to pull out the stops, why didn't he stash Mikey away for a surprise cameo in St. Louis? I guarantee the roof would've come off it's hinges if our little red pepper would've come out to slap the bass around.

-T-shirts. $32 each???? C'mon Dave...give me a break. And why didn't DLR have his own "Heavyweight of R&R" tour T-shirt like Sam's? I'd have maybe paid to have had a shirt w/both of them on it, but no such luck. Good side of that one is I'm $32 richer.

All in all, a great show. Don't miss it. Like Sammy said, "this is the greatest rock & roll tour this year!"

I couldn't agree more.
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Hot For Teacher
    Omaha, soon to be Phoenix again...Thank GOD!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Same concert, different day. Wish these guys would mix it up a little. Same Dave show as last year at Ameristar in KC. For the most part, same Sammy show as the last 2-3 times I have seen him.

Still money well spent. I'm starting to get worried about how many more years we will be seeing these guys. As for Eddie, that dream is probably over. Hope not!

Hey Sammy, nice touch with the Blues jersey. Did ya know they are golfing right now? (Spoken like a true Wings fan )

As for the dude from Alabama, give me a fucking break. Should you really rip on people from other states when your from........oh never mind. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] MO.
    "Why behave in public if you're living on a playground?" Fools...<br /><br />LET'S GO RED WINGS!!! Ten time Stanley Cup Champions...

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Allright. Here I go.
    Prelude:
    I attended the June 7 show at the UMB Bank Pavillion in St. Louis. I was lucky enough to travel to the show on the 99.7KY "Party Bus" from Kansas City. All aboard were very anxious to see the show, seeing how the June 6 show scheduled for KC was postponed (still not sure why, Dave's back? Schedule adjustment? Who knows?) until July 26. Anyway, I think the majority on the bus were more fired up to see David Lee Roth than Sammy, but all were excited as hell and primed by the time we hit the parking lot of the venue. No one was sure which rocker was going to open the show, but one look at the stage set up and you could tell that Dave was the ice breaker that night.
    Showtime: Set #1.
    8:00 P.M. Dave hits the stage. The band opens with the intro to "Hot for Teacher" and Diamond Dave comes strolling out dressed in his blue glitter outfit. No dramatic entrance, just walks out from back stage. I expected a grander entrance, but Ok it's Dave so let's swing. I gotta say, Dave is in great shape. He's still cut and looks every bit the great front man but that only takes him so far. He did one spinning heel kick at the begining of the set and multiple left leg air kicks throughout the set and that was about it. The rest of the show, Dave's movements were restricted to side to side stage "strolls" leaving our KC bunch to wonder if the reason he did postpone the KC show was because of a back injury after all. This was later confirmed by the fact that Dave's signature mid-air split, launced from the drum riser, at the end of his set, was nothing more than a minor "hop" with his legs only going barely half way up. Another dissappointment. As far as Dave's voice goes.... I'll give it to him. He's still got great lungs. It was good to hear the Van Halen classics sung by the one and only. He started slow but warmed up enough to pull it off. He can't scream like he used to, but we all can't do a lot of things we could do when we were younger. Dave's band..... good overall. Of course no one can replace Eddie, Alex and Mikey. But I'm sorry, Dave with out the originals is just Dave fronting a tribute band. Good enough but not the whole enchillada.
    Overall performance impression..... Dissappointment. Was expecting a lot more. I don't know if Dave hates opening the show, or he really is injured, or just an off night, or what. Maybe I expected too much. But he certainly didn't live up to the hype. I want to give Dave the benefit of the doubt and cut him some slack for #1. Opening the show, and #2. not being backed by Eddie and the boys. But.... Dave signed on for this deal and has to deliver the goods with the cards he dealt himself but he just didn't. Sorry Dave, I love ya man, but you had better get it together or you ain't ever getting back with the original members. After last night, Eddie would be smart to reunite with Sammy instead. Because, SAMMY KICKED ASS!!! Plain and simple.
    Headliner: Set #2
    Sammy won the night 30 seconds into his set. Hell, even before they pulled the curtain open, the crowd was dancing to a recording of "Cabo Wabo" blaring over the PA. Anyway, Sammy and the Waboritas kick started their set with "Red" and never looked back. He sang great, he played guitar great, he interacted with the crowd great, it was "more" than I expected. Sammy was a fun show. What everyone there was hoping for. A great mixture of hard rock and roll, a "let's party" vibe, with some R-rated video thrown in to really spice things up. Sammy delivered the kind of show that you want to see outdoors on a crisp, clear, warm summer weekend night. Sammy does have the edge on Dave in that the Wabowritas have been together for a long time, and it shows. A very tight band that smoked Dave's "thrown together for the tour" unit. We all know how difficult it is reproduce someone else's sound (especially Eddie's), but I feel Vic Johnson (Sammy's Lead Guitarist) did a much better job of doing just that. I read other posts where people said, "I closed my eyes during Dave's set and I could swear it was really Van Halen on stage." Well, I did the same thing, and I felt that during Sammy's set, not Dave's.
    Overall impression.....
    Let's just say I am really glad that Sammy and Dave postponed their KC appearance, because now I can get geared up to see Sammy's set again next month. For those Kansas City "Red Heads" looking forward to seeing Sam the Man, get ready for a helluva good time. Dave is fun to watch too (don't get me wrong), because he is "Dave" and the songs he sings we all love, but Sammy is the real showman on this tour. The July 26 show in KC is on a Friday night as well. If the weather repeats itself that night, then it will be a awesome night to see a great rock and roll show. Get your head right where it needs to be prior to,("Mas Tequilla and Chaka Doobie". Comprende'?") And enjoy the ride. I'll see everyone (Doug, Theresa, Colleen, Corey the Intern, Larry, and all the other "Party Bus" Rock and Rollers)on the lawn at Sandstone (sorry, the Verizon Wireless Ampitheater) on July 26 for another chance to do it all again. Special thanks to 99.7KY for showing us a damn good time. Later.
    "The truth hurts."

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

02.08.12 @ 11:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well this is my first post, so here it goes:

As a die-hard DLR fan, I hate to say it, but Sammy stole the show. I preferred Dave's set music wise, but Sammy puts on a hell of a show. To tell you the truth, I don't think Dave stood a chance in St. Louis. If it was not for Brian and Ray, Dave's set would not have been worth watching other than just seeing Dave perform. But, in my eyes, Vic Johnson couldn't hold a candle to Brian.

When Sammy took the stage I was a bit unenthusiastic as I am by all means NOT a Sammy fan. But not long into Red, I was just as much a redhead as the rest of the people. Even though the crowd ate it up, I think he could've done without Eagles and Give to Live. But it doesn't matter in the end. Although I'm very happy that I got to see Dave (I was in diapers when he left/was kicked out of VH), I have to give it to Sammy. He won STL.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

van halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This was my fisrt concert si i was prety pumped up. It was really great. Dave was still fit , he couldnt pulloff any splits, but he used a jack daniels and masterbated it into the crowd. he also had this big stick that he twirled around. I play guitar so all i did was pay attention to the guitarist. He wasgood. He messed up on he unchained solo and the jump solo was too fast, but overall he was gret.
    Bringing real guitar solos back to music-RIP rhoads and Srv-Rock on vai-Wylde-slash-and eddie!!!!!!!!!!<br /> "I don't like to push the envelope, Id rather chuck grenades into it!" -Ted Nugent-<br /><br /> =PASSION AND WARFARE=<br /> "That stevie vai, what a nice little boy!" -the audience is listening-

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

van halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This was my fisrt concert so i was pretty pumped up. It was really great. Dave was still fit , he couldnt pulloff any splits, but he used a jack daniels and masterbated it into the crowd. he also had this big stick that he twirled around. I play guitar so all i did was pay attention to the guitarist. He was good. He messed up on he unchained solo and the jump solo was too fast, but overall he was great.
    Sammy was more fun to watch, he sang in the crowd and interacted with the crowd, which was neat. Sammys guitarist was better than brian young because on the Vh songs he changed the solso and made him his own which was cool. They played right now , but they skipped the guitar solo which is the best part.

Anyway this cocert was great there was, nudity( the girls gone wild video [img]smile.gif[/img] great music, and plenty of funny drunk people!!!!
    Bringing real guitar solos back to music-RIP rhoads and Srv-Rock on vai-Wylde-slash-and eddie!!!!!!!!!!<br /> "I don't like to push the envelope, Id rather chuck grenades into it!" -Ted Nugent-<br /><br /> =PASSION AND WARFARE=<br /> "That stevie vai, what a nice little boy!" -the audience is listening-

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

11.06.17 @ 04:31 AM
    Liked 1,875 Times in 1,096 Posts

Hey Blind Willie didnt you read Bretts post where he asked people not to turn this into a flame fest?
    Maybe the truth hurts?

Bad to the Bone