Favorite VH Album

fuck
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

10.08.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 46 Times in 33 Posts

What a fuckin show!!!!
    [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] Sammy started out the party while people were still showing up with the song Red and then went right into 'Runaround'. His guitarist, Vic, sounded great. This guy rips. He changed up the solos a little and threw in a little of his own flair. Sam continued rocking with '3 Lock Box' and 'One Way to Rock'.Sam did not waste his time hanging with Eddie. He ripped on the guitar during these songs. The crowd was getting pumped up then he dropped the 'Give to Live' turd right on Blossom! [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] This killed the momentum a little. Sam paused between songs screaming "WAITRESS!!!!" as a beautiful thong wearing lady came out and served up "Waboritas". [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img] Sammy really fired up the joint with a ripping version of "Top of the World" and "Why Can't This be Love". Both songs were sped up and givin' a little extra kick. He kept the VH going with Poundcake. During the drill section "I believe taken right off the original, the video screen showed a drill tearing up a black and white striped strat. [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] I thought it was pretty funny. Also during "Poundcake", the girls gone wild video showed in the background. Pretty raunchy and pretty cool. Sam went up to a cardboard cutout of Eddie and kept holding the microphone up to it saying, "What have you got to say?... oh yeah, nothing! what was that? oh, still nothing!"
    "Finish what you Started" was next. Sam talked about him and Ed living next door to each other on the beach and hanging out at 3 in the morning, drinking and writing this one. He seemed to miss Ed's companionship. "Finish" was slowed down a little with a southern twang to it. Cool version. Next was "Eagles Fly". Too fuckin slow, but a cool tune. Then, "Little White Lie" and "I can't drive 55" which blew the roof off of the place. [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] "Heavy Metal" was sweet. I didn't really dig "Mas Tequila" that much. Sam closed the show with a ripping version of "Dreams" and a really slow version of "Right Now". Mostly just piano and him singing. It was an amazing version, but should have been in the middle of the show.

Sam's voice and band sounded amazing. Mona headbanged the whole show and Vic ran around like a freak ripping up his guitar. Sam wore an Indians jersey with the 55 logo on the back and Vic had a Browns hard hat on with a beer bottle on top. Killer show. I wish Sam would drop "Eagles and Give". They slowed down the momentum too much. Sam admitted to being a little scared about doing this show because of the 'other guy' coming on after him. I loved Sammys show. Every time I see him it is completely different. He still kicks some major ass!!!!!

Next was the Diamond One. Dave came out wearing shiny pants and suspenders. He looked right out of 1984. He is in amazing shape. If there was no video screen, I would have swore his guitar player was Eddie from about 1980. Dave did NOT fuck around at all. He ripped right into "Hot for Teacher" and "Panama". The sound was a little fucked up for the first two songs, but they the ripped it up note for note. Dave did his usual kicks and his voice sound the best I have ever heard him live.
    Next was "Cradle". Let me tell you, the guitarist fucking ruled. That guitar sound was so good that it made the whole show. I don't think Ed can play or sound like that anymore. He didn't since 1986 on the 5150 tour. Ed's sound evolved and this guy was pure 'old school', but i loved it. Dave tore through 'Runnin with the Devil', 'Dance the Night Away', "I'm the One" a 30 second guitar solo, "You Really got ME", "Beautiful Girls",and "So this is Love". All these songs rocked and were perfect replicas of the studio version. Let me say once again, the guitarist f'n ruled. Next was "Atomic Punk" "Pretty Woman and a killer version of "Yankee Rose" This version sounded more like Ed playing it that Stevie Vai. Dave busted out the Accoustic for "ice Cream Man". I think this was the best song. An amazing version of "Everybody Wants Some" and a so-so version of "Unchained" He closed the show with "Ain't Talkin bout Love" and "Jump". I wish he would have switched the two. Dave taunted the crowd and made them scream before jumping off of a speaker. (Not as high as he used to, but so what)
    This show surprised the shit out of me. It was an exact version of an old school Van Halen show. All the songs sounded Exactly like on the studio album, but the people LOVED it. The crowd was eating out of Dave's hand. Girls were even whipping out Boobs left and right!!! This was a fun old school Van Halen show. Dave looked and sounded great and seemed to be having a blast. I recommend this tour to ANY VH fan, or anyone for that matter. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Now for the main question, who won? [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img] I think I will have to give the edge to Dave for round one. I think whoever is closing is going to be the crowd favorite, especially if Sam drops the ballads. Without a doubt though, this show was all about the fans. Neither Sam nor Dave said anything negative about each other. This was just a plain old good time!!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    peace
    Lets just throw a pound of weed in the fire place, f@#% it!

Proud owner: Purple Flame Ernie Ball Music Man Axis and a 5150 Combo Amp.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sweet review! I can't wait until the 8th!

Favorite VH Album

fuck
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

10.08.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 46 Times in 33 Posts

I want to go again!!!!!
    Lets just throw a pound of weed in the fire place, f@#% it!

Proud owner: Purple Flame Ernie Ball Music Man Axis and a 5150 Combo Amp.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:33 AM
    Liked 11,541 Times in 4,916 Posts

In trying to keep all the reviews for this show in the Review thread, I moved your review there F'nRockstar.

It's here now:
    http://www.vhforums.com/cgi-bin/vhlf...=000218#000023

Closing this.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!