Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Plain and simple it doesn't matter who you are a fan of...that is who you will think "won". That goes for every night of the tour. I am a fan of both but more for Dave and I think they both kicked ass. All I can say is that anyone bashing DLR's show in Dallas will be proven wrong. I got it on tape and will be getting it out so everyone can hear it. Dave took a couple songs to get in the groove but he gave a great show. He actually looked choked up when he was leaving the stage because of the loud and crazy reaction the fans were giving up for his super show. Also hint to Sammy...put Cabo Wabo in your setlist! The Dallas crowd sang it without music and obviously wanted to hear it. You could replace that song with several of the ones that are there. I've been to Rome, Dallas Texas! What a party I had. The [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] should be running with me now!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

...And The Cradle Will Rock
    Last Online

02.10.06 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You taped it? All right! I sure hope I can get my hands on one of those....Did it turn out well sound-wise?

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:18 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by BuzinBad:
    Plain and simple it doesn't matter who you are a fan of...that is who you will think "won". That goes for every night of the tour. I am a fan of both but more for Dave and I think they both kicked ass. All I can say is that anyone bashing DLR's show in Dallas will be proven wrong. I got it on tape and will be getting it out so everyone can hear it. Dave took a couple songs to get in the groove but he gave a great show. He actually looked choked up when he was leaving the stage because of the loud and crazy reaction the fans were giving up for his super show. Also hint to Sammy...put Cabo Wabo in your setlist! The Dallas crowd sang it without music and obviously wanted to hear it. You could replace that song with several of the ones that are there. I've been to Rome, Dallas Texas! What a party I had. The [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] should be running with me now!
    All true, I agree. People are making too much of this Dave vs. Sammy stuff. It's hard to compare the two really, they're very different in a lot of ways. Bottom Line: they both deliver.
    So don't judge, just drink Beer and have a great time cos we may never come this way again.

Having said that, as far as the Dave-bashing goes, hard to comprehend. Much of the critizing has to do with the quality of Dave's voice. Hey if you want great vocals, go to an opera. Dave's shows even with Van Halen 20 years ago weren't about great vocals, they were about attitude, the almighty 6-string, cold Beer, Hot Women, nuff said, check please, (as Dave would say). The crowd during Dave's show was on their feet the whole way. I know cos I'm 6'3" and I don't want to be an asshole and not let the people behind me see so I sit down if the people in front of me sit down. I was up the whole way (Dave's show).

Interestingly enough, the best reaction's during Sammy show was for the VH tunes, and there were some great ones.

Bring on the Beer, looking forward to Devore.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

ou812
    Favorite VH Song

Mine all Mine
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Man, I'd love to get my hands on that too! I was there and would love to hear certain parts of the show again. Keep us posted!! Thanks!