Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

what do y'all think is the best shot for getting the tix you want?

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's hard to say..I would say online, because I've had better luck that way, but some people had pretty good luck in Cleveland getting tix in line. I suck at getting tix in line..I always get pissed. LOL

"...I'm a spark on the horizon..."

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've always had good luck getting them online...so I'm going that route this time a well
    "Just when you think you have the rat race won,,,they come up with faster rats." DLR<br /><br /><a href="http://www.chris.vanhalenlive.com" target="_blank">VH boot List</a>

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Ever since they started that lottery stuff, I haven't had any luck getting good seats in line. Doesn't matter how early you show up. It's all luck of the draw.

Send a buddy to wait in line, and grab some online. Better yet, take a laptop to the line! [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i've done pretty good in all the lottery line-ups i've been in. even first in line for my first VH show (Carnal Knowledge). my online purchases have been hit or miss, usually the back of the arena.

you can always try what i did for the DLR/SH tix, tip the girl working the counter and see what ya get...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

decisions decisions decisions

so much to do in so very little time

JMJ [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Unreleased Box Set, Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Actually, this was only my second order online, but 'was able to pull up Sec. 13 for Blossom, center stage.

I've been through the lotteries, as it were, for concerts and Tribe tickets, but they were never any fun . Us older folks remember how we still left for Ticketron(Master) like at 3,4 in the morning [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] with coffee, 'conveniences at hand only to find that it no longer mattered (for real !) "who got there first" [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

Go with your gut.....

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by Don Kirschner Fan:
    Actually, this was only my second order online, but 'was able to pull up Sec. 13 for Blossom, center stage.

I've been through the lotteries, as it were, for concerts and Tribe tickets, but they were never any fun . Us older folks remember how we still left for Ticketron(Master) like at 3,4 in the morning [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] with coffee, 'conveniences at hand only to find that it no longer mattered (for real !) "who got there first" [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

Go with your gut.....
    gut says internet! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

i trust myself b4 i trust some scmo behind the counter or waiting in line

JMJ

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.23.05 @ 03:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have had pretty good luck with both. I think standing in line is alittle more reliable, but I just do not have the time or cash to stand in line. So ring it up on line. The only concert I had problems getting tickets for on line was Buffet. Forty five minutes on line trying to get seats last year, finally it got me in and then only to get booted by ticketmaster because it took to long to connect my Credit card. I was pissed, but since then no problems. Be sure to register for the express check out thing for Ticketmaster, I think it helps. Happy buying.
    Have the other shows been selling out?
    "Two Dicks WOW!" --Bonnie Bernstein

Favorite VH Album

Dave stuff
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t just have one...
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Coming from an ex-Ticketmaster employee, it's hard to say. Their online service seems to be much improved over even a year ago but is still known to hang sometimes. And if you just go to the box office, or ticket outlet a lot of times your quality of tickets rests on the abilities of the employee working Ticketmaster. Where I used to work for big shows, or big artists in very small venues I used to be able to get tickets for quite a few people (esp. in general admission venues.) Plus there's the factor of the indecisive customer who tried to get seats in a certain row or section. I personally never tolerated that kind of crap when there were lots of people in line because it's not fair to them. So the bottom line is if you know an outlet or the box office has a competant staff for big onsales, you should probably use that otherwise you're probably fine going online. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing<br />quite well for themselves." - Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead)

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Unreleased Box Set, Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LMFAO ! Yeah, the poor decision makers; what a hoot ! They get to the window & hold up everyone else; changing their minds, asking in between choices if they can see the seating diagram......Excellent observation, BuD [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

in all my years of getting tix in person, i have never seen anyone be able to refuse tix the TM computer says are available and request another set, at least during the lottery situations. if there's no one in line, it happens, but not when the line wraps halfway around Kaufmann's housewares department. you take what they come up with, or get the fuck out of the line. especially if i'm behind you ...maybe that's just Kaufmann's policy, i dunno. but there's none of this "you have five minutes to accept" bullshit in person.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

this is driving me fucking mad.

one hour until the tix go on sale and i need to make a decision now cuz the outlet is 20 mins from me!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck...

ah, my secret service car is here...

report back soon...wish me luck! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

JMJ

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10