Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

vh1 , fw , 1984 & fuck
    Favorite VH Song

girl gone bad
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

why wont dave be playing his own stuff in the shows?

is he ashamed of them ..?

dlr band was utter shyte , i grant you , but EEAS & SkyScraper are all time 100% classics..

he coulda taken plenty of stuff offa them..

if sammuel can do it - why not dlr ??

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

vh1 , fw , 1984 & fuck
    Favorite VH Song

girl gone bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

he prob lost copyright on his solo shyte and feels safe with classic vh..

sam will prob feel safer as he has much bigger back catalogue to fall back on..

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:18 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    No one's more frustrated than Dave's fans that he isn't doing solo stuff. He has a ton of great tunes that should be played live. Maybe it's a slam at the VH bros. Still, I'll take Dave with only VH stuff than no Dave at all.

With Sammy, I'm not too into his post-VH stuff. He has tons of pre-VH material that's killer though. Hope he relies on that during his shows.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

No no no... y'all missed the boat!!

The reason you won't here DLR solo stuff is there's no farm team bands to raid to back him... his current outfit is only programmed for VH material. Dave can't afford custom clone musicians... He's stuck with the off-the-self common household one genre models that you can buy at Walmart Copy-Band Super Centers!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ May 15, 2002 at 10:21 AM: Message edited by: Zahzoo ]</p>
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

03.03.11 @ 01:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe this has been asked and answered before and if so shoot me cuz i'm new here , but has Dave ever done "Me Wise Magic" live? Also I would rather hear Sammy do more Montrose then he usually does, although I do like the post VH Sammy era as well as if not better then the pre VH Sammy,
    It's good to be the King or at least know him.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

vh1 , fw , 1984 & fuck
    Favorite VH Song

girl gone bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

sammy is more solid live but fairly predictable.. , daves a tempremental genius - one minute crap , the next utterly incredible..

thats life !

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:18 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by Zahzoo:

The reason you won't here DLR solo stuff is there's no farm team bands to raid to back him... his current outfit is only programmed for VH material. Dave can't afford custom clone musicians... He's stuck with the off-the-self common household one genre models that you can buy at Walmart Copy-Band Super Centers!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    I assure you, the band he has can play any song ever recorded. Talent-wise, they killers. Maybe not in the backing vocals department but I'm talking instrument proficiency here. That's what makes his set selection so frustrating. So no, it has nothing to do with his band. It's him, for whatever reason he wants to stick to VH material. Which in and of itself is not a bad thing. I just disagree with those who say he has no material himself. And I have no reason to believe that we'll ever hear the band Van Halen doing these songs again regardless of what Eddie has said on the VH site.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What Dave will play during the Dave and Sammy Tour is based upon careful marketing plans. Dave will perform MOSTLY Van Halen songs because most fans want that from Dave. Sammy will play mostly Van Hagar songs because that is what fans want to hear. However, Sammy knows that he will be able to get away with doing other songs because of the success in his diverse career....
    "What is understood don't need to be discussed. 'Aint that right Edward?'" Sammy Hagar, Right Here Right Now

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Originally posted by Elwood P.:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Zahzoo:

I assure you, the band he has can play any song ever recorded. Talent-wise, they killers. Maybe not in the backing vocals department but I'm talking instrument proficiency here. That's what makes his set selection so frustrating. So no, it has nothing to do with his band. It's him, for whatever reason he wants to stick to VH material. Which in and of itself is not a bad thing. I just disagree with those who say he has no material himself. And I have no reason to believe that we'll ever hear the band Van Halen doing these songs again regardless of what Eddie has said on the VH site.</font>[/QUOTE]No disrespect to the boys backing Dave... I'm sure they are fine musicians. But like any good studio musician, I'm sure they can replicate any songs created 17-25 years ago... and do it well. I think the point is... sure Dave's got 100% of the material he's bringing to the table. But 98% of it is VH songs 17-25 years old.

The other 75% of Dave's band are not bringing any of their material to the table/tour. So you are getting a very good replication or rendition of the real deal... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by Redhalen:
    Maybe this has been asked and answered before and if so shoot me cuz i'm new here , but has Dave ever done "Me Wise Magic" live?
    Me Wise Magic has never been done live by Dave or Van Halen. It's my opinion that the only way Dave could handle that song live is if he had Michael Anthony helping to carry the vocals. On his own, I don't think that song is even remotely possible with Dave's current range.

Welcome by the way! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I'd say it'd be a cool song to welcome Mike & Dave on the stage together...IF that fateful day ever occured this summer!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Dave's setlists are the greates' EVER in rock n roll. Sammy's setlists are filled with horrible Van Hagar cheese, the same shitty solo tunes(BONUS--new an' ol' shyte),& the same ol' 'Trose tunes.

Song for song, Dave iz gwine-a kick "I haven't opened up for anybody since '78('xcept fucking Bon Jovi)" Sambo's ass!!!!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Last Online

12.09.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

Dave's current range? What is it now, anyway? Is he still using that falsetto crap? I'm really not sure what he can sing anymore. His voice is losing strength with that upper register. I wish he'd just work on sounding like he used to. Two words: VOCAL COACH.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

It's not about range, marketing, or his band. It's about gratification, and that's why he's played the same tunes the last 3 tours.

Y'all should have seen Dave's face when he and he alone came back out on stage after the show in '99. It didn't matter that his guitarist was wearing an Eddie wig. It didn't matter that he was an opening act. All that did matter was the adulation that the crowd was giving Dave. His face said it all. He soaked it up, and he loved it.

It's been that way ever since. Dave's playing all that Van Halen because it's gratifying to him.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'd have to agree with Mike. The smile on Dave's face goes from ear to ear when he's playing a show. You know he absolutely loves being in the spotlight and that's what it's all about to Dave. He's always been the kind of performer that feeds off the crowd.