Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A few people have mentioned in their reviews of Dave's set at Devore how his sound was "muddied", or how Dave looked unpleasant, or how they felt he was holding back. I'll tell you why.

He fired his soundman on the spot.

Everyone who went to the Devore gig remembers when Dave strolled over to the left side of the stage during Brian's intro to "Mean Street", right? Well, Dave chose right then and there to fire his soundman. I guess he'd been having trouble with him, and the sound wasn't to Dave's satisfaction. He mentioned he couldn't hear himself, but the sound guy fucked up somehow because Dave fired him. That's why Dave looked pissed most of, if not the entire, show.

A buddy of mine named Jason that works for me here on base is very good friends with Ray Luzier, and as a matter of fact, drove up to the gig with Ray's girlfriend. He was even kind enough to walk out to my seats and rub his comp tix and pass in my face, that bastard!

Anyways, they were kickin' it backstage with Ray after Dave's portion of the show and Ray told him what happened. Nope, Dave was NOT a happy person that night, which explains his lack of crowd interaction, save for the idiot that threw a cup of beer at him.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Test5150
    Well, whoever he got to replace him did a great job Monday night. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Here's to Dave's sound improving for the rest of the tour!!!! People have mentioned in other reviews that the sound has been off....

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

06.09.16 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Vince G.:
    Everyone who went to the Devore gig remembers when Dave strolled over to the left side of the stage during Brian's intro to "Mean Street", right? Well, Dave chose right then and there to fire his soundman.
    Shit! Is that what happened?! I thought he was telling his roadie to slap a backstage pass to that chick who was walking around topless. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks for sharing.

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Everyone who went to the Devore gig remembers when Dave strolled over to the left side of the stage during Brian's intro to "Mean Street", right? Well, Dave chose right then and there to fire his soundman. I guess he'd been having trouble with him, and the sound wasn't to Dave's satisfaction. He mentioned he couldn't hear himself, but the sound guy fucked up somehow because Dave fired him. That's why Dave looked pissed most of, if not the entire, show.

A buddy of mine named Jason that works for me here on base is very good friends with Ray Luzier, and as a matter of fact, drove up to the gig with Ray's girlfriend. He was even kind enough to walk out to my seats and rub his comp tix and pass in my face, that bastard!

Anyways, they were kickin' it backstage with Ray after Dave's portion of the show and Ray told him what happened. Nope, Dave was NOT a happy person that night, which explains his lack of crowd interaction, save for the idiot that threw a cup of beer at him.
    Hmmm... that's interesting. I heard that happened during the Houston show. Friend of mine was backstage, and told me about it the next morning. My buddy was backstage chilling with Ray too... [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

so maybe Ray was sharing the story of the Houston show...

or could it be that Dave's fired 2 sound guys in the middle of the show, in a span of nine days?

According to my friend, in Houston, a new guy who was in to help Sam with his sound filled in and fixed the problem right away.
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My friend who was backstage said with Ray said that Ed fired Dave...Oh wait wrong conversation...
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

GGB
    Last Online

09.20.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow aka VHL:
    My friend who was backstage said with Ray said that Ed fired Dave...Oh wait wrong conversation...
    Was that your Budweiser friend, by chance?

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No it was....YOU dont you remember? It was just between Dave and AAA
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by LA:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vince G.:

Hmmm... that's interesting. I heard that happened during the Houston show. Friend of mine was backstage, and told me about it the next morning. My buddy was backstage chilling with Ray too... [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

so maybe Ray was sharing the story of the Houston show...

or could it be that Dave's fired 2 sound guys in the middle of the show, in a span of nine days?
    </font>[/QUOTE]Probably. Jason told me that while he was talking with Ray Dave walked past him, and straight thru everyone else, without sayinga word to anyone. Dave wasn't in a good mood that night after the show.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

yips! i believe it!

dave kept pushin in his ear piece monitor all night to try and hear himself. that explains a lot. i had good seats and from where i was at i could tell he was pissed. he made quite a few gestures at him throughout the show actually.

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

hey vince,

any word from this guy if dave ha spoken to ed at all or if dave wants back in or any news at all??

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:36 AM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member

save for the idiot that threw a cup of beer at him.
    Hell of a waste of $8 Beer.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

08.02.05 @ 07:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by tripoutski:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow aka VHL:
    Was that your Budweiser friend, by chance?</font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by JMJ:
    hey vince,

any word from this guy if dave ha spoken to ed at all or if dave wants back in or any news at all??

JMJ
    From what I was told, and know, right now Dave's not even thinking about anything in regards to Van Halen, except for the music he's playing every night.

Apparently, Mike has approached Dave about performing with him onstage during this tour, but Dave's response has been, "Not now. The timing isn't right".

Other than that, your guess is as good as mine.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Eat Em and Smile
    Favorite VH Song

Yankee Rose
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, if I were Dave I might have been a bit pee-ode too. I mean, he's doing a bare bones show on purpose, and all he's asking for is that the sounds be mixed right! There's no massive rigging, no flying surfboards, no boxing ring or special sound effects of props (besides Dave's Kendo staff). It really isn't that much he's asking for.
    ******************************<br />LIVE in front of your naked, steaming typefont - it's "STEVE" from the DLRARMY!