Register
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:35 PM
    Liked 11,541 Times in 4,916 Posts

If you went to the June 18th show, please feel free to add a reply with your review here.

Let's try to keep this thread for REVIEWS ONLY, and not for discussion. That way, it will be easy for people to read them.

If you want to discuss this particular show, just make a new thread for that.

Thanks!
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:35 PM
    Liked 11,541 Times in 4,916 Posts

Lots of fans in New Mexico I see. LOL! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

so much for eveyone haveing internet access
    new mexico is real old school.
    kinda like the capitol of bandanas and hair spray, people there still use that stuff.
    they cant figure out what happen to poison and ratt. its all good, hope the show was good, and more important how was the turn out, was there a echo, when sam or dave said, hey look at all these people here tonite. echo echo..no i bet it was packed house lots of drunk engines and sqaws
    (( back up bitch! i missed the order box, move your ass back please , so i can order my food,((well if you would have pulled up to the right place in first place.,. look lady back the fuck up or im gonna cap your ass!! yeah uh ill take a#4 quarter pounder plain with cheese only.!!!! drive thru please !!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push Comes to Shove
    Last Online

02.09.11 @ 02:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok, so this is my first post and to be honest, I am a little disappointed in the forum. I thought that this was a place for show reviews only, not to punk a city, sorry, I work for a living and now was my first chance because life comes first, not a web site...

So for what its worth, here is my review....

Having been a Van Halen fan since 1979 I can honestly say that the soul of Van Halen rides in the hearts of the entire band, but that has nothing to do with Tuesday night's show; or does it?

Unfortunatly for Albuquerque Sammy went on stage first and because I was buzy with my "hairspray" I arrived at the venue about 15 minutes late. At any rate, our state governor Gary Johnson (you all may know him as the governor who wants to legalize pot) was on stage enjoying the show. Sammy rocks, he played songs from VH, Montrose and the good Red Rocker himself...I was impressed, he ran around the stage like a man half his age.

Then came Dave....ya know, being a woman there are attributes that Dave had (I am stressing had) that used to make my heart skip a beat, but the baby blue sequins just dont do it, and the hair, either get a wig or cut it off...we are all older now, someone hasn't told Dave, and it's kinda sad. He can't hit the high notes anymore and I am afraid he is too afraid to try the drum riser jumps after all the near misses in shows past. He played a killer set list which only made me long for days gone by.

Dave is Dave...Sammy is Sammy, and I miss Eddie, Al and Mike. Maybe someday, but I am not holding my breath.
    2/1/2008.....Denver Co......Best Birthday Ever!!!!

One I second rocking out and singing word for word, and the next second standing there crying like a tweener watching N'SYNC during their heyday!!!!!!! Thanks VH for playing the soundtrack of my life!!!!!!!!!!!

"Seems like 40 days and 40 nights since someone used my first name, including you..."

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 965 Times in 386 Posts

Originally posted by LovesEddie:
    Ok, so this is my first post and to be honest, I am a little disappointed in the forum. I thought that this was a place for show reviews only, not to punk a city, sorry, I work for a living and now was my first chance because life comes first, not a web site...

So for what its worth, here is my review....

Having been a Van Halen fan since 1979 I can honestly say that the soul of Van Halen rides in the hearts of the entire band, but that has nothing to do with Tuesday night's show; or does it?

Unfortunatly for Albuquerque Sammy went on stage first and because I was buzy with my "hairspray" I arrived at the venue about 15 minutes late. At any rate, our state governor Gary Johnson (you all may know him as the governor who wants to legalize pot) was on stage enjoying the show. Sammy rocks, he played songs from VH, Montrose and the good Red Rocker himself...I was impressed, he ran around the stage like a man half his age.

Then came Dave....ya know, being a woman there are attributes that Dave had (I am stressing had) that used to make my heart skip a beat, but the baby blue sequins just dont do it, and the hair, either get a wig or cut it off...we are all older now, someone hasn't told Dave, and it's kinda sad. He can't hit the high notes anymore and I am afraid he is too afraid to try the drum riser jumps after all the near misses in shows past. He played a killer set list which only made me long for days gone by.

Dave is Dave...Sammy is Sammy, and I miss Eddie, Al and Mike. Maybe someday, but I am not holding my breath.
    hey don't git your panties in a wad over the Nm comment. we've seen worse here

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push Comes to Shove
    Last Online

02.09.11 @ 02:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you for your concern regarding my panties, and don't worry they are fine. I relize worse has been said here and NM has a reputation for being exactly what they said. After all, somebody has got to live here. Back in the Van Hagar days the boys came to town every tour because of Sadie's Mexican Resturant. Great food and world class Margaritas...after Sammy, which was never Van Halen with Gary, they didn't bother so I think the Red Rocker likes Red Chile too!
    Viva Nueva Mexico!!!!
    2/1/2008.....Denver Co......Best Birthday Ever!!!!

One I second rocking out and singing word for word, and the next second standing there crying like a tweener watching N'SYNC during their heyday!!!!!!! Thanks VH for playing the soundtrack of my life!!!!!!!!!!!

"Seems like 40 days and 40 nights since someone used my first name, including you..."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Jamies\' Cryin
    Last Online

12.15.13 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have always liked both singers but have always prefered Dave because that's who I grew up with. After seeing the show I have to say the winner was.....Sammy...

He really put on a great show. The Wabos sounded tight and Sammy had a blast making Margaritas and just kicking ass!

Dave was a disapointment...his band just didn't sound great. I know nobody is Eddie but these guys just didn't have it. Dave seemed to be going through the motions at times. Maybe I'm being overly critical but I've seen the man before and I know what he can do. I thought he would blow Sam out and really Sam took it to Dave.
    It was still a great show and Dave is still my boy....I just wish he would get a better band together and put out some new music. Play some solo stuff.
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS 3 !!!

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by LovesEddie:
    Thank you for your concern regarding my panties, and don't worry they are fine. I relize worse has been said here and NM has a reputation for being exactly what they said. After all, somebody has got to live here. Back in the Van Hagar days the boys came to town every tour because of Sadie's Mexican Resturant. Great food and world class Margaritas...after Sammy, which was never Van Halen with Gary, they didn't bother so I think the Red Rocker likes Red Chile too!
    Viva Nueva Mexico!!!!
    I, too, am concerned about your panties. I'm concerned that you wear them.

Top Of The World Loss of Bowel Control's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Hey Lefty, why such a negative vibe? I moved here from L.A. three years ago and would never move back. But thats just me.

Let me start off the review by stating I am primarily an Eddie fan. The thought of this tour made me a little sad. It felt like two once great singers were desperate to capture some of their old glory. That this tour was only a novelty, it was beneath them.

After seeing the show, I realized that even though Eddie is an incredible musician, he needs a front man whos an entertainer like Roth or Hagar.

Both shows were completely different. Both shows were excellent. If you are a Hagar fan, you will be happy. If you are a Roth fan, you will be happy.

Sammy just looked like he was having a blast, making margaritas, ogling waitresses. He was just happy to be playing music for everyone who showed up. He played his stuff as well as Van Halen. It felt like a Sammy Hagar concert not a Van Halen tribute band.

Dave came out with the attitude of The fans want old school Halen, and Im going to do my best to deliver! It was mind blowing to hear that stuff from Roth. He was in great shape and worked hard to give a quality show. The set list was better than Hagars, but at times it did feel like a Van Halen tribute band, albeit the best Van Halen tribute band imaginable.

Who won? Honestly, if youre a major Roth fan, Roth did. If youre an average Van Halen fan and just came to see an entertaining show, Hagar did. Like I said, Im a major Eddie fan, I just missed the man with the name, but had a blast watching these guys play their guts out.

[ June 20, 2002, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: Loss of Bowel Control ]

Top Of The World Loss of Bowel Control's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Thought you guys might want to read this.

Wednesday, June 19, 2002

Hagar Bests Roth in Pavilion Show

By Leanne Potts
    Of the Journal
    And the winner is ... Sammy Hagar.
    In the battle of the ex-Van Halen frontmen, Hagar left David Lee Roth in the dust.
    Hagar's voice, which could probably break beer glasses in the next county, sounds as good as it did 20 years ago.
    As for Roth: Dave, call Eddie and beg him to take you back.
    The two have taken turns opening on the tour; at the Journal Pavilion in Albuquerque, it was Hagar's turn.
    He took the stage wearing baggy yellow surfer shorts and a yellow T-shirt from his bar in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, which judging from the pre-show video and numerous on-stage plugs, is a metal Margaritaville.
    The set was old school, just Hagar and his four-member band, playing in front of a video screen and a stack of amps. At either end of the stage was a bleacher section of fans; one of the fans was none other than Gov. Gary Johnson. Hagar pointed out the governor about 10 minutes into his 75-minute set.
    "Anybody that wants to legalize dope is all right with me," Hagar said, embracing Johnson. The crowd went wild.
    Later in the show, Hagar asked the governor, "Gary, are you holding? You got any on you, brother?"
    Hagar, 54, looks 20 years younger. He still belts out gleefully mindless, pop-tinged metal tunes about cars and girls like someone who genuinely enjoys his work.
    He sprinted around the stage like a teen-ager and during one song went down to mingle with the fans in the first few rows.
    Hagar played songs spanning his 30-year career. There was solo Sammy: "Heavy Metal," "Three Lock Box," "There's Only One Way to Rock," and, of course, "I Can't Drive 55." There was Van Hagar Sammy: "Why Can't This Be Love." There was even Montrose Sammy: "Rock Candy."
    Roth, 46, came on stage in a blue lam suit so tight it looked painted on. He opened with a pair of tunes from his apogee as Van Halen's frontman, "Hot for Teacher" and "Panama."
    He then ran through VH classics like "Cradle Will Rock," "Mean Streets," "You Really Got Me" and "Dance the Night Away." He was accompanied by three musicians who did a pale impersonation of his former VH bandmates. There was none of the onstage acrobatics from his VH days and Roth's voice has lost its over-the-top power completely.
    Despite this, the crowd cheered more loudly for Roth than for Hagar. This could because opening acts always get tepid receptions, even if they are Sammy Hagar. But the more likely reason is because for men (and some women) of a certain age, Dave was once a god, hurling pop metal and attitude and sex from the stage like lightning bolts.
    Remember him that way.