Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Existentially Uncertain Fontcow's Avatar
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 705 Times in 355 Posts

Premium Member
    I for one will be taking a break from the Links and any Van Halen-related Web site once this tour starts until I see the June 10 show (lucky for me it's early in the tour) because I have found not knowing what the setlist is going to be for a show is part of what keeps it electric and exciting with anticipation after each song. What's next? And seeing as though I'm 99% sure Sam and Dave will be playing a nearly identical set every night (save for one or two replacements/changes mid-tour -- or Sammy usually interchanges between three Montrose songs every night) I am choosing to spend my evening at the show with an element of surprise.

Both of these guys have enough songs to their credit to really make it interesting each night, but they won't because they traditionally have not been the Dead or Phish. I like bands like that because it makes you want to see them again for the possibility of catching another different song. I would also think it would keep the musicians interested in each show also.

01.28.16 @ 12:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Fontcow, I agree with you 100% on not knowing the setlist. It would be great if the people who see the early shows and want to post the setlists, would do so only in the songs and music section, and then if people holding tickets want to know or discuss the setlists before they attend the show in their area, they do have the option, but by the same token, we know not to go in there for fear of crushing our groove.

I know some jack-off will come into any number of threads and ruin it for those of us who like the surprise element, so my plan is already full of holes. Good luck in staying clear of the web during this deal, as there has been quite a bit of good reading of late, as far as interviews with Sammy and Mike, and surely Dave will break the silence any day now, hopefully with something more than his standard retreaded interview from last year, where the inevitalbility of the VH reunion is brought up and left at that every time, as if it's not the most burning and important question on the block. I still say people have to take all this talk right now as hype, and nothing more. If Sammy and Dave fight over anything this summer, it will be over someone bogartin' a big doob!
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

03.03.15 @ 07:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

We already know Dave's setlist.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

10.27.16 @ 08:44 PM
    Liked 539 Times in 202 Posts

Originally posted by MikeL:
    We already know Dave's setlist.
    ur such a bundle of joy mikey!

"you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 03:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Speaking of setlists, let's hope they switch it around quite a bit and not keep it the same for the entire tour.

I'd hate to hear the same songs at the Universal show that I heard at the Blockbuster show.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008