Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Would you be in a hurry to go see them again?
    I wouldn't, I didn't want to miss it, but it didn't knock my socks off. If they toured seperatly, I'd be more likely to see Sam than Dave. Dave's heart wasn't into it at all. The band was great but Dave was just mediocre. He did little more than sing and IMO he didn't do too good at that. I hope for more VH music and I think a one time reunion tour with DLR would be a kick, but if VH wants to get back on top it won't be with Dave. Either bring back Sammy or bring in someone new. I'd be more likely to go see VHIII a second time then DLR...
    I love Dave but it's not 1984 anymore...
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

06.09.16 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow aka VHL:
    Would you be in a hurry to go see them again? ...
    I just thought about this yesterday, in light of spending $$ on going to the three L.A. area Sam and Dave shows and the $ budget impact on seeing other shows (like the Atomic Punks / Cheap Trick at "Livestock" and the wife wants to go see Springsteen - tickets go on-sale Sunday). My answer, "no," I would not be in a hurry to go see Sam and Dave again. However, "my name is Joe, and I'm a Van Halen junkie," so I probably would go see Sam and Dave again if they played L.A. (again) at the end of the tour.

I wouldn't, I didn't want to miss it, but it didn't knock my socks off. If they toured seperatly, I'd be more likely to see Sam than Dave. Dave's heart wasn't into it at all. The band was great but Dave was just mediocre. He did little more than sing and IMO he didn't do too good at that. ...
    Dave's shows were much better at Universal Amphitheatre than (the one you saw) at Devore. But, I pretty-much agree with you.

I hope for more VH music and I think a one time reunion tour with DLR would be a kick,...
    I agree.

I'd be more likely to go see VHIII a second time then DLR...
    No way!

I love Dave but it's not 1984 anymore...
    The other night I was watching a video tape from MTV in 1988 of a feature of David Lee Roth. What a difference 14 years makes!...

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

yip. said it before and i'll say it again. if vh wnated to get this done with roth they would have, obviously they have no intention of doing so

oh well

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Couldn't agree more. I had a good time, but it just didn't rock my world like I figured it would. As much as i prefer Dave, he was like Sinatra or Liza Minelli up there, just standing around. I don't give a rat's ass if he was pissed at the sound guy - he still has a responsibility to suck it up and put on a show that people expect from him. Especially with all the hype - particularly his typical owm ramblings. Sam's show was good, but I was more excited about seeing MA up there than anything else. Solid show by Sam, but still not a knockout by any means.
    I'm gald I went, but NO, I wouldn't be interested in going again.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Hell yeah! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] I'd see them again but only if it was closer to where I live.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:50 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Sorry but I can't give an opinion until late August when Sam and Dave come to Hartford. Even after reading all the reviews, I will keep an open mind on both singers.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

05.22.12 @ 12:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We'll see after my double shot of Sans Halen in NH and MA come the end of August. I love this music and hope they mix it up a little from one night to the next as they are back to back. I just gotta get my fill as I have not seen Sam since he was in Lowell in 1/01. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    Count me in, I'd go again !!

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

I'll let you know after August 6th. In fairness to Dave, it did sound like he had an off night that night. I haven't seen Dave perform since the EEAS tour(which was great) and I saw Sam on the Marching to Mars tour(incredible!) and one a few years ago(forgettable). I am anxious to see what they bring...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

08.06.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts

I saw the first show in Cleveland. It was pretty good. I had never been to a Roth show before. Roth's video stuff was pretty cool, and a little bit dark. I also loved the fact that Sammy played Red and few more of his solo tunes. I will be going to the show in Pittsburgh and Scranton. I will probably hit Buffalo and Syracuse over Labor Day weekend.
    I don't have a cool signature. Deal with it!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yep...Nashville 8/3 and I can't wait!...of course I will have to sit and listen to the 90 minute Cabo commercial one more time.

[ July 13, 2002, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: DiverDowninKY ]
    "Just when you think you have the rat race won,,,they come up with faster rats." DLR<br /><br /><a href="http://www.chris.vanhalenlive.com" target="_blank">VH boot List</a>

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

jump
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i saw the show in dallas in june and dave blew fat ass away. sammys band could not compare to daves and sammys show just seemed like a damn cabo wabo advertisment

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I dug 'em both @ Alpine, but unless I got much much closer seats next time or they radically changed the setlists (which won't happen), I'll pass!
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The jury is still out with me. I'll let you know after I go to the Syracuse NY show later this summer.
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:20 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

At least I got my tickets for free.
    Haven't seen the tour yet, but I have heard Dave recently and I have heard sammy recently.
    A ONE TIME ONLY ppv show with Dave would kick ass, then they can go their separate ways again and Van Halen can get Sammy back or go with #4.

A full fledged album(s) & tour(s) with Dave would be just too painful for Eddie to have to deal with and I want him to enjoy some happiness in his "new life".
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.