Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

01.19.17 @ 08:12 PM
    Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts

Mike probably watched the first two shows of the tour, and realized he had better try to bail Sammy out. He wasn't trying to upstage Dave, just help Sammy to try and achieve the same level of performance as Dave. Of course, we all here know this to be a goal far out of Sammy's reach. But I commend Mike Anthony for trying to help Sammy up off the mat.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

7th Seal / Amsterdam
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Von, Dude...
    Get a grip. That seems so far from the truth. I'm sure it was nothing like that or most of the other reasons people are saying. It was propably just for pure fun for the guy. Isnt that enough?
    "Dude, that smells...Did you check your drawers?" -EVH<br /><br />witch-hunt.com

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Originally posted by Von Halen:
    But I commend Mike Anthony for trying to help Sammy up off the mat.
    I'm diggin' the left-handed compliment, Von. LOL

Here's a crackpot theory... Sam cooked this up with Mike before the tour began. He was looking to out "guest star" Dave in the hope that fans would think they'd have gotten more bang for their buck from him.

From what I understand, Mike hasn't been "friendly" with Dave for a long time. Mike probably saw this as an opportunity to dole out a double bitchslap.

1) a bitchslap to Ed and Al by playing with Sam
    2) a bitchslap to Dave by playing with Sam - but not him.

IMO, Sam comes off as scared. Sure, the fans got a kick out of seeing Mike. But why right off the bat? Maybe Sam's worried about being shown up by Dave early on and wants to get a jump on that. If Sam were smart, he'd have saved Mike's appearance until the very last show of the tour. People would have been talking about Mike, theorizing this must mean Sam's coming back to VH, etc... Wouldn't matter if it were true. People would be talking about it. The more they would talk about why Mike was there, the less they'd be taking about Dave.

Like I said... *if* Sam were smart.

Mike's playing with Sam makes Dave look that much further from any hope of a Classic =VH= reunion. The bassist, who has been dogged by rumors of being replaced by Billy Sheehan since the Paleolithic era, and whose bass parts are played by Eddie these days won't play with Dave, too?

But, as usual, the VH bros. come off looking worst of all. Three past (assuming Mike's been shitcanned for defying orders from Howdy Doodie Mountain) VH members at the same show and none of them are named Eddie or Alex. Hermits.

So, basically, Mike's the only winner in this. When was the last time that could be said?

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." - Dennis Miller
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sammy and Mike had Planet US long before any of this took place so it doesn't seem like it was done for that purpose.

As to the remark that Sammy is scared and therfore has all these people show up is totally wrong.

If you look at his previous shows, he always has special guests like Kirk Hammet, Lars Ulrich, Ted Nudgent, Jerry Cantell, Nickleback and the list goes on.

To me that is a true team player ans well as showmanship. Dave has nothing on Sammy.

Sammy is giving us our money's worth evry night, Dave is not.
    What is understood, need not be discussed.

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

LOL! No Von

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Waring, F.U.C.K
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] Why would Sammy be scared??? Over the last three years he has played to arenas and large club type venues.

I think you're a bit off base. Sit back, relax and enjoy the show! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 44 Posts

Maybe Mike not playing with Dave means that Dave is closer to reuniting with VH than we think?

Ed & Al would want to keep the image of the 4 of them together pure, and not half blow it on side note tour.

Playing with Sam shows he and Mike are friends, and that nothing is lost for VH if they perfermed together.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Stop looking for conspiracies! Mike and Sam are friends. They enjoy playing music together (isn't that why any of these people got in the business in the first place?)

I'm not a huge Sam solo fan, but I saw him play with the waboritas and Mike and I have to say, they are having a great time together. That's all there is too it.
    Look at me, I'm a famous historian - outta my way!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:33 AM
    Liked 1,385 Times in 760 Posts

Dave doesn't have any friends in the music industry, contrary to Sammy. That may have something to do with his personality.
    With an ultra-rigid setlist, there's no way he could have any guests come on stage anyways.
    So this thing that Sammy is scared and Dave is not is not true. If anything, it's Dave who's affraid to share the stage and refused the jam session that Sam proposed.
    If you analyse all this you see why the Van Halens have decided against the reunikokn.
    Little Dreamer

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

One foot out the door
    Last Online

09.02.05 @ 03:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's a deep theory for ya Einstein... Mikey is bored and Van Halen ain't doin' shit. Why the fuck not?
    "My son, ask for thee another kingdom...for that which I leave is too small for thee"- King Phillip of Macedonia to Alexander the Great-339 B.C.

4/1/85-We remember.....

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Dave is puttin' Sammy in his place--Mikey or no Mullety, Sammy can't rock n roll like the mighty, mighty Diamond Dave.

Diamond David Lee Roth is the greates' SHO' NUFF!!!!!! Nobody rules them streets like David Lee, the Atomic Punk!!!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Somebody say FAIR WARNING!
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets / Unchained / Little Guits
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All of you people who bash hagar just coz he's not Dave are so full of shit, your breath stinks.

You should (but you don't) realize that both Sammy--READ: NOT SPAMMY and the Diamond one both have their shtick that they do. For DLR this includes using his trademarked lines like "I'm gonna fuck yer girlfriend, PAL, look at all the people, et al," employing little people/midgets whateverthefuck they want to be called now, and 6' blonde triplets in yellow spandex cat suits. That is some funny ass shit, and that's why everybody (including me!) loves the guy. He is the personification of over-the-top Hollywood antics and showmanship. What Dave lacks these days is the vocal range and staying power he once had. He also lacks the ability to write a hit song. Unfortunate to say, but true.

Now for what Sammy has going for him... Sammy is more the "Everyman's" rocker. He drinks hard, has a little summer place (so it's in Cabo San Lucas), and likes scantily clad pootietang bringing him beverages made with his own tequila. Sammy DOES NOT have the same heritage DLR has simply because he wasn't the firstborn son of VH. Sammy doesn't have all the catchy sayings that Diamante has, and in fact, tries to philosophise on occasion (see the "Fuck tomorrow!" bit on LRHRN) which is just plain dumb. HOWEVER, Sammy's voice has, for me, never been in question. I've seen him 2x with VH, and another 2x on his own, and if you don't agree that, for a man of any age, he can bring it, then you are a crackhead, and should be castrated so as not to pollute the rest of the gene pool. Sammy also has proven his ability to write songs that get substantial airplay both BEFORE and AFTER his time in paradise with the Van UhOh Brothers. And... he puts on one hell of a show.

BOTTOM LINE: both these guys are master prize fighters. One's got a little longer reach, one hits a little harder. BOTH of them have their eyes on the belt, and BOTH of them are coming out every night, with everything they've got. Why rip on each other? Dave and Sammy saw fit to share a venue, maybe Sammy backers and DLR fans can both get in the same forum together without being instant assholes.

Sorry that got a bit long, but hopefully it was a good read.

See you tonight at Alpine Valley
    --w
    He was night putting... he was putting at night...<br /><br />...with the 15-year-old daughter of the dean.<br /><br />--Mitch Cumstein

Last Online

08.11.17 @ 05:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

BOTTOM LINE: both these guys are master prize fighters. One's got a little longer reach, one hits a little harder. BOTH of them have their eyes on the belt, and BOTH of them are coming out every night, with everything they've got. Why rip on each other? Dave and Sammy saw fit to share a venue, maybe Sammy backers and DLR fans can both get in the same forum together without being instant assholes.
    Here, here. Well said.

Test5150
    LOL@Von

:shitstirrer:

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Originally posted by Blotcher:
    As to the remark that Sammy is scared and therfore has all these people show up is totally wrong.
    Originaly posted by Charlie:
    [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] Why would Sammy be scared??? Over the last three years he has played to arenas and large club type venues.

I think you're a bit off base. Sit back, relax and enjoy the show! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Originally posted by Little Dreamer:
    So this thing that Sammy is scared and Dave is not is not true.
    Uh... [img]smile.gif[/img] Any of you guys catch the following in my first post?

Originally posted by Down In Flames:
    Here's a crackpot theory...
    Guess not.

I dig it when people who read too much into my posts tell me not to read too much into the topic at hand. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

"Panties in bunches make for hemorrhoidal displeasure." - Confucius
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."