On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Everything I read seems to indicate DLR is laying waste to all competition on a nightly basis. But the match isn't over yet. Sammny could surprise us all.
    ...what do you do when the bureaucracy that's supposed to help you...WANTS YOU DEAD? <a href="http://www.callumhouston.com" target="_blank">www.callumhouston.com</a>

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

balance
    Last Online

04.17.05 @ 12:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know about that, if the chicago show was any indication of the rest of the tour you may be mistaken. Most of the crowd was sitting down during unchained! SITTING DOWN!!!
    "common sense ain't common"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.13.15 @ 11:52 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

*cringes from the flak he knows he's going to recieve*

In the MP3s that were put up on this site, Sammy Hagar sounded a million times better than Roth. Roth's band was good, but Roth himself sounded strained. Hagar hasn't missed a beat.

~5150~
    The song ain't dirty it's really just the way we sing it...

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.10 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I dunno, seems to me like the reviews have been pretty evenly split. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All reviews are bull! Every damn one of the them have been biased one way or the other, and not from the performance either.
    "Tardy? I don't feel tardy!"

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!" - DLR

Pride and Glory - the Packer Story!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Pick a favorite in the Sam/Dave Tour forum, where this is off to. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:52 AM
    Liked 570 Times in 311 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by theodore templeman:
    Everything I read seems to indicate DLR is laying waste to all competition on a nightly basis. But the match isn't over yet. Sammny could surprise us all.
    You must have been reading a different set of reviews than the ones that have been written on this planet. Regardless of whether the reviews are biased or not, I'd say they've been pretty evenly split, with maybe a slight edge in Sammy's favor.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Jamies\' Cryin
    Last Online

12.15.13 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dave is my Fave.....but Sambo won in Albuquerque.

Sammy opened and rocked. There was a drop off when Dave played....Dammit!!! I said it!!
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS 3 !!!

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

This tour was designed to do exactly what this post is about, the never ending debate between David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar. I don't think a definite answer will come about but the discussion is excellent.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

SINNER\'S SWING
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

facts: i've seen six shows so far and have plans to see three more.

understand something very clearly people. vhforums.com is as biased toward sammy hagar as it can get. you're not getting the real picture here. roth is blowing sammy away and vhforums.com posters are misrepresenting what the shows are like.

the crowd support for roth is much greater than for sammy. i'm sorry, it just is. roth's set of rock and rock music is way better than sammy's. roth's physical appearance at age 47 is 20 times that of sammy's physical appearance at age 54.

the hot concert chicks in the crowd (some in their 20's) want to fuck roth backstage, where they warn their boyfriends never to look or act like sammy hagar.

go to the shows yourselves and don't put much stock in the roth bashers at this site. you're being lied to. remember, the fine line between 'opinion' and 'reality' lies in the FACTS. the FACTS about the tour aren't being truthfully stated in most of the posts on this site.

roth is clearly your winner. and that's a FACT.
    TX7081040

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

04.23.15 @ 02:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Amen to you tx708!!!!! Finally someone telling it like it is. I was at the Alpine Valley show and the Chicago show and Dave clearly won the crowd over! Nobody was sitting during his set not even during Little Dreamer. So the bullshit about people sitting during Unchained is complete crap. Bring in a fucking bootleg video to prove that one. Dave has a much more superior band, a better setlist, in better condition, and the voice is NOT STRAINED or TIRED at all!!! WAKE UP!!! He didn't interact at all-WHO CARES if I wanted to hear a fucking comedian I'll visit a comedy club not a sam and dave show. I don't wanna hear crap like no one rocks like Alpine Valley, because guess what no one rocks like TX,CA,NY,Tokyo, and so on just ask any band. They say that shit in every town. I am not that insecure where I need that reinforcement. Play the songs and kick my ass!!!! Dave does just that and then some. Sam does a super job with his material and the Van Hagar vocals are right on also. But, with his inferior backing band you are never going to out do and knockout Dave. Sam still rocks, don't get me wrong but needs a better band. The guitarist is a joke(sammmy should just play all guitars and lose this joke of a musician), the drummer was below average to mediocre at best, and Mona(what's the point?). Sam would be better off with a better band and a stronger setlist. He stands tall by himself. Overall the concert is worth the money and a great time!! Dave finishes on top though- sorry guys!!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

04.23.15 @ 02:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Amen to you tx708!!!!! Finally someone telling it like it is. I was at the Alpine Valley show and the Chicago show and Dave clearly won the crowd over! Nobody was sitting during his set not even during Little Dreamer. So the bullshit about people sitting during Unchained is complete crap. Bring in a fucking bootleg video to prove that one. Dave has a much more superior band, a better setlist, in better condition, and the voice is NOT STRAINED or TIRED at all!!! WAKE UP!!! He didn't interact at all-WHO CARES if I wanted to hear a fucking comedian I'll visit a comedy club not a sam and dave show. I don't wanna hear crap like no one rocks like Alpine Valley, because guess what no one rocks like TX,CA,NY,Tokyo, and so on just ask any band. They say that shit in every town. I am not that insecure where I need that reinforcement. Play the songs and kick my ass!!!! Dave does just that and then some. Sam does a super job with his material and the Van Hagar vocals are right on also. But, with his inferior backing band you are never going to out do and knockout Dave. Sam still rocks, don't get me wrong but needs a better band. The guitarist is a joke(sammmy should just play all guitars and lose this joke of a musician), the drummer was below average to mediocre at best, and Mona(what's the point?). Sam would be better off with a better band and a stronger setlist. He stands tall by himself. Overall the concert is worth the money and a great time!! Dave finishes on top though- sorry guys!!

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i think there both winners.
    they both have off days and days that arent exactly what we exspect, and other days where the shows stand out.
    but as far as i can tell
    it has been dranw down the middle.
    most of the shows where mike has joined sammy has definetly help sambo win.
    what has dave to help boost his show.
    nothing just plain old rock roll band and how ever he performs..
    they are both warriors, amen
    (( back up bitch! i missed the order box, move your ass back please , so i can order my food,((well if you would have pulled up to the right place in first place.,. look lady back the fuck up or im gonna cap your ass!! yeah uh ill take a#4 quarter pounder plain with cheese only.!!!! drive thru please !!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:35 PM
    Liked 1,389 Times in 763 Posts

People calling vhforums biased toward Sammy are just plain freaking LYING!
    Do the names "vinnie velvet", "hain23", DLR's cock", "FORD" say anything to you?

These guys have full rights to express themselves here, provided they respect other people's opinion.

I find it quite ironic that Rotheads are sometimes so intolerant. Because as a Jew, Roth has faced intolerance many times in his life, like he mentions in his book. But instead of drawing inspiration from that and be open-minded, most Roth-heads on the Net act as intolerantly as the "redneck America" they think Sammy' a part of. Quite ironic indeed.
    To say vhforums is Sam-biased, you have to prove it!
    Little Dreamer

Last Online

06.07.06 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sammy!

It hurts to type this I've been Pro-Roth the whole time - seen VH with Roth four times with Sammy six times but the Red Rocker kicked Diamond Dave's ass at Glen Helen - home of the US Festival!

Roth was good - but not in the same league.