Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many To List
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I just read in the "KC show postponed" thread a post with the current Pollstar dates for the tour, and Shoreline (6/27) has been replaced with Fresno. What the f*ck is going on?

The Real Deal
    <a href="http://www.the-real-deal.com/index.htm" target="_blank">The Real Deal</a> does old VH better than any other band in the SF Bay Area. Hearing is believing...

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m The One
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fresno and Shoreline got moved back when the second Universal show was added. Hopefully they'll hit us on the second round... Sam's gotta play at home, right? [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Faster and faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...<br /><br />"What kind of FUCKED up tour is this???" -John Love, Jr., <i>The Rock</i>

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

05.12.17 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts

Fresno got moved back to when?

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m The One
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

June 27th (originally the date of the Shoreline gig).
    Faster and faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...<br /><br />"What kind of FUCKED up tour is this???" -John Love, Jr., <i>The Rock</i>

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many To List
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

DS,

Thanx for the update. I guess you can give the BGP people credit for refraining from posting the Sam & Dave Show date on the shorelineamp.com schedule for all this time.

I gotta wonder, though, why a home base show would get pushed back...I actually do have an insight as to a possible reason:

-The Real Deal is slated to be on local rock station The Bone (KSAN 107.7) some morning later this summer. When we were originally asked what date we'd be interested in I suggested June 26 in hopes of tying in our appearance with the Sam & Dave Show (we do a lot of old VH and Montrose tunes). Without naming names and potentially jeopardizing The Bone's relationship with the tour's managing contacts, a certain Bone morning show personality responsible for getting bands on the Bone morning show told me in so many words (none of this is an exact quote) not to hold my breath as regards the Shoreline date, owing to initially poor ticket sales. She never said it definitely wasn't happening; she only asserted that the station wasn't anticipating that the June 27 date was going to stick. As a result we refrained from taking the June 26 morning slot...

Couple more thoughts...does anyone else think that pushing back this date will result in Roth's performance in the Bay Area being any better or worse than it would've been if it were to happen on June 27? Does Sammy stand to look that much better than Dave on his home turf thru this postponement? It's not unreasonable to speculate that this could be the case - I saw Dave at San Jose Arena on the back end of the Bad Co tour and he was less than stellar. Here's to hoping he's not even more worn out for a postponed Shoreline date.

I'm still shocked there's no floated replacement date for a home base show - does anyone else think that a change in venue might be in the works?

The Real Deal
    <a href="http://www.the-real-deal.com/index.htm" target="_blank">The Real Deal</a> does old VH better than any other band in the SF Bay Area. Hearing is believing...