VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Originally posted by DISEASED TWAT:
    ok fine b!tch....

i was wondern how long it would take b4 ya closed this thread cuz its to close to reality of the fukn show an this fukn lil web site promotion of the lil show, the one sided views and topics, cant ya take a lil constructive criticism....
    Uh, where's the "constructive" part, anal mucus?

or a lil wave to rock the boat, i knew none of you would even post a reply other than tryn oppose any thing i said, cuz you are mostly a bunch of moderately ignorant ass wipes that are afraid to face the truth, and actually open ya eyes to that other than what you want to see and or what you are told to see, yet you continuously reply an post the same topics an replys to those topics an ignore or deleate the topics that you dont see as appropriate and or are what you want on the board other than what you think is right, alot of people like you are so closed minded an have only one view of things that really need a good kik in the nuts, an are probably another reason VH hasnt said anything an are ignoring you and shut down their message board.
    Oh, yeah. That's it, exaaaactly...

Nice sentence structure, dicksnot. Are periods expensive where you live?

yeah people do take with them something different from the shows, yet none seem to have an honest reply or response to a negitive post in ways that are not what they really wanna hear, however, it may somehow be visible to many yet they are actually afraid rock the boat, well i aint got nuthn to lose as well as most of you, yet if people actually face it an maybe somehow it could actually have an affect upon the quality and presentation of as well as something more to take with you from that show....
    Fuck your "honesty" jive. I couldn't be bothered with whether or not you dislike the upbeat attitude most of the fans here have regarding the show.

You want honesty?

You're honestly fucked in the head.

and i really dont give a fuk what any of you in here have to say about the topic and it aint a review its jus an observation of a few shows of this tour that i have witnessed first hand, as well as numerous other sh an dlr shows of the las few yrs....
    You don't give a fuck what anyone has to say, yet you complain no one's replied to your shitty thread. Could it be that no one here really gives a FUCK about what you've got to say?

It certainly could be.

and i aint goin to no others persons topic or thread of reviews of shows where the moderators have their input to promote the show an ignore any replys other than their own multiple username reviews and select topics, or some predetermined post topic approved by the board with a scritped response.
    WTF? There's no conspiracy to promote the show, here. Turn off the X-Files, bitch.

maybe closing some of the other threads would be better and keeping this open for them to reply to or on, or is it ya jus dont want to face the facts !!!!
    Your opinions are NOT facts. I'm not surprised that you're incapable of differentiating, though...

Oh, and nice pipe-dream you've got about this piece of shit remaining open. That's a good one! LOL

The link you posted (that I edited) sums you up... In your little hissy fit aimed at me, you posted that link and subjected everyone to getting their PCs flooded with horseshit.

What a mealy-mouthed douchebag. Either your mother dropped you on your head as a kid... or she didn't drop you nearly enough.

like i said this is not a review, its what is right in front of your faces an more replys and or topics from others on similar subject text,and (if i actually was a part of the damn thing), would want to see what the people actually thought about the shows and what their view of jus about anything having to do with the complete package of the venue, not jus a promotional topic sayn it everything was great !!!!
    I don't give a damn what it is; a review, a communist manifesto, what-fucking-ever... You should have spoken your piece in one of the threads concerning the show you saw. But that was obviously too complicated for you.

In retrospect, I'm glad you didn't post in any of the review threads. You would have only babbled like a retard in them as you've done here.

Now fuck off and learn how to type, you degenerate CUNT.
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Banned!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

CRITICAL CRITIQUE [Kríttik'l Kri-teék]

SONG FOR SONG

(lay it on the line, if ya got the balls, right here....)

HONESTLY stating, if you were Van Halen, Dave or Sammys management, or if you had a say in the presentation of the song for song tour, what do you dislike about it...

from the attire, the merchandise, the stage set up, the intensity of the vocal presentation, the quality of the sound, or even the musicians....

what do you dislike about it, what would you change....

if you were EVH what would you be lookn to see from Dave and Sammy if they were to return to Van Halen....

--------------------
    J.Dredd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WhoHalen

Unchained
    Member # 638
    Total Posts: 509 (0.59 per day)
    Favorite VH Album: The Next One
    Favorite VH Song: Panama, Me Wise Magic, CGTSNM

posted June 02, 2002 12:56 PM Staff Use:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sammy's Critique=

Negative

= I don't care for the 90 minute Cabo Wabo infomercial. Enough already. Honestly, I didn't care for the "Girls Gone Wild" video clips during Poundcake either. Let the music do the talking, not some 18 year old skank. Also, please dump Eagles Fly and Give to Live from the setlist. Half the audience sat down during these songs and it totally ruined the vibe.

Positive

= His vocals are great. He's right on every note of every song. He does a nice job interacting with the audience. Overall, his show was top notch with only a couple of little problems.

Dave's Critique =

Negative

= He didn't interact with the audience nearly as much as on past tours. His stage set up actually seemed a little underdone too. Gimme some cool lights and props. Put in a couple of solo career songs too. I'd kill to hear ALAE live.

Positive

= He may have had an off night at the Tweeter Center, but his vocals were pretty damn good at Blossom. He hit those high notes and nailed his jumps and splits. His band was also very tight. Brian isn't EVH, but he's a close of an exact copy as I've heard.

All in all, they both gave absolutely great shows, but personally I gave Dave a slight edge in Round 1.

I'd bet that Eddie and co. are watching these shows very closely. I feel like both Dave and Sam are still more than capable of fronting Van Halen.

--------------------
    ===============
    "That's just my opinion, I could be wrong..." ===Dennis Miller

"I don't wanna broaden anyone's musical horizons, I just wanna rock!" === DLR

J.Dredd

Little Dreamer
    Member # 3885
    Total Posts: 4 (4 per day)

posted June 03, 2002 03:02 PM Staff Use:

i knew most of you wouldnt have the balls to actually post an honest review, opinion, or observation....

and, since it seems all the other reviews seem to be moderately similar with the same review jus reworded with multiple usernames promotiong the tour and none of you actually are actually commenting honestly on what is visibly appearent....

attire:

it seems there is quite a competition here....

seems sammy has a liking to pajamas with matching slippers, maybe they would be better on sale at pacific sunwear stores....

and dave seems to be stuck on the 80's spandex, when was the las time ya saw anybody wearn spandex anywhere that wasnt on a bike or 350lbs....

attire: this is the yr 2002, get a clue !!!!

merchandise:

quite the merchandise for 10 yr olds, if there are any at the shows....

sammys lil teddy bear seems to be a hit with the lil girls, all two of them ( actually they are kinda cool), an the van hagar shirt gets alot of intrest yet only saw bout 2 of them on anybody, when was the las time you bought a lil plastic keychain with a picture on it at a concert an actually used it, daves lil jack danials shirt is really kinda cool till ya see the back of it, then its like well ya wont see me wearn that in public, as for the other merchandise, well when was the las time ya have seen anybody wearn any of that type merchandise in public, would you wear it out or to a public event, probabaly not....

merchandise:G E N E R I C W A S T E !!!!

stage set up

club size set up with a ampitheatre size housing,

sammys stage seems like hes right there in cabo, with all 800 people there to seee him mix a few drinks....

daves set up seems to be lacking the wall of amps and the stadium size stage hes used for 10 yrs,

stage set up:both seem to have no other action on stage besides themselves, which isnt much....

vocal presentation:

still waitng to see/hear it....

sammys up there jus goin through the actions, with no intensity or drive behind it....

daves part 1984, part vegas, part tonight show (if ya remember that)...

vocal presentation:missing in action is that killer instinct with that fair warning attitude.... quite the happy lil club show party !!!!

sound:

sammys sound was quite mello not much kick or emphisis anywhere, not much behind it, one of those shows ya sit there an hear it, and the joint aint jumpn ....

daves sound was quite an improvement on what has been standard lately for most acts, ya could actually hear it on the lawn, even the vocals, till the chorus/backing vocals came in then it muffled out all the insturments and vocals....

sound: do ya remember the days when ya coulnt hear the person next to ya talkn to ya at the show, an ya would feel the bass drums in ya chest from a block away, an ya ears would be ringn all night an the next morning, an the vocals would actually be loud an clear....

musicians:

the stage did have people up there, maybe they were actors....

guitar & bass; hired guns, kinda like the ol' rx7 an the 240z cars.... not quite a vette or prosche, the girl next to me at the show said daves bass player looks like he should be cutting her lawn, one show a few yrs ago on long island sammys bass came through the speakers with something a lil more than VH presented with that song, havent seen much since....

drums; sammys drums were there.... i think....
    daves drums kikt ass, 'cept it seemd like the toms (both the floor an mounted toms) were not mic'd, ya mostly heard the bass drum an the snare !!!!

musicians: kinda like a cover band show, jus playn the part, an lacking originality within their parts, !!!!

dislike/like:

not much there makn me wanna come back to another show, no attitude sayn im givin it everything, no emotional input, not much visible drive or strive for improvement or challenging themselves/eachother to be better....

ray kiks ass up there he was one of the highlights of the show, if this was a boxing match, ray jus KO'd all the others....

if evh an avh were watching:

its easy to see why there is no reunion or new cd yet !!!!

observing the crowd an the stage, the aura about the place is not there, no where is that aura, that feelin like with VH, the crowd is not really into it, the show seems to idle through out the night, the crowd jus kinda stands there, no interaction with the bands, sam an dave seem like they are jus there cuz thers nuthn else to do, its like they have no desire to get up there an give 300%+, kinda like they know somethings missing an they jus cant give it all with out them there, i know its in them, and you can see them holding back.... but with out those other three its like its jus a waste of time, people are there to see VH with sammy an with dave, not a cover band, an they walk away from the show knowing that is what they really came to see....

im not talkn trash here, its jus an observation. i probably couldnt get up there an play the drums bass or guitar like that nor sing like that, however, this is 2002 and if they are jus gonna get up there an go through the motions tryn to relive the past an not create a future, im not gonna be there, these guys were leaders in an industry of giants years ago, stadiums sold out round the world, year after year, an now they puttn on some club act on stage, ya figure they would have takn a hint after all the website information and what people want after 20 yrs, i wanna see them with a cup on an get the fuk up there an kik some ass, an not with some cover band, maybe it isnt VH, maybe its those two old dogs thats wont put the high octane into the car, cuz it cost two cents more a gallon, ya know that they both have had their time away from VH an durring the years have an arsonal of tunes that they have stashed aside for that day when they meet again, one of those songs that they have that when they wrote it they said to themselves, this is only for them to sing with VH an its gonna sit here an age like a fine wine until that day comes, an the same with VH, ya know they have stuff sittn there that they came up over the years with that is written in a way that it could only be done with a certain vocal, there are parts in the show that ya know jus lookn at dave an sam that they are incomplete up there with out VH.

-------------------------------------------------

in short the show kinda sukt, yeah it was dave and yeah it was sammy, thats about it.... boring, boring, boring !!!!

if daves gonna get up there an do all VH tunes, then where is that attitude like on the fair warning recordings, enough of the damn vegas act

an sammys up there jus cryn in his beer an margarita, he says hes a professional an a musician, then show it, WFO

it wouldnt take much for those two to get up there and really kik some ass that would get the attention of the VH brothers an make them see something that would make them come running to dave and/or sam sayn with that attitude we could rock maybe they like playn to empty seats an clubs reminissing bout them damn good times....

--------------------
    J.Dredd

TX7081040

Little Dreamer
    Member # 3904
    Total Posts: 17 (17 per day)
    Favorite VH Album: FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song: SINNER'S SWING

posted June 03, 2002 03:09 PM Staff Use:

dread, you need serious help

--------------------
    TX7081040

Cabo5150

Romeo Delight
    Member # 2106
    Total Posts: 93 (0.18 per day)

Favorite VH Album: 5150
    Favorite VH Song: DOA

posted June 03, 2002 04:26 PM Staff Use:

I thought the show kicked ass!!! Sammy came out and played his ass off like he always does. The best part of the show was seeing Mike playing along side Sammy. If that didn't get you pumped up, then you must not be a real VH fan.

Diamond Dave took the stage and sounded pretty damn good to me! I being a huge Sammy fan have to give credit to Dave. I think I enjoyed hearing the old VH tunes more than Sammy's set. Don't get me wrong though. I may have enjoyed them more only because I never had the chance to see Dave live before. Plus I've seen every Sammy & VH tour since 1986. So a little change of pace was good. I got the best of both worlds Saturday!!!
    I thought Dave's band was as close to sounding like the real VH as you'll ever here! Hats off to Dave's guitar player!
    I'm going to see the show this Saturday at Alpine Valley. I'm sure the show will be just as awsome!

--------------------
    Red Rocker Face Down in Cabo!!!

J.Dredd

Little Dreamer
    Member # 3885

posted June 03, 2002 04:47 PM Staff Use:

and when dave playd jump, the keyboards in the song were like way low almost non existant,

yet sammys cheap shot(in cleveland) at the head of the cardboard cut out of eddie with his mic was low, sammy didnt come out an play his ass off i know, i was there, and, i have seen him come out an play his as off, he aint givin it any more than his las tour or any other show hes done since 2000(maybe even 98)....

same ol set list they both have been playn since '98....

yawns....

hot dog time....

the aura about the place suks its jus a weak show of the same ol' thing again an again, those of you that think it is good and kiks ass an compares to VH ya are jus lie'n to ya self, or ya are jus promoting the show on the site with your lil reviews, an replys....

if their gonna fill the places an tour into the summer they are gonna have to step up an give a lil more, alot more, and you know it.

and evh and avh probably know it too, that could be why they aint there....

--------------------
    J.Dredd

Unchained Wolfie

Sinner's Swing!
    Member # 1421
    Total Posts: 3866 (5.25 per day)
    Favorite VH Album: Who can pick just one?!
    Favorite VH Song: Too many!

posted June 03, 2002 05:04 PM Staff Use:

Yeah Dredd your nuts, is there any shows you like? Your nit picking at every little thing. Just go and have fun man...

--------------------
    "Obey the DFK"

"I may be a Dirty Faced Kid, but you ain't gonna find me in no fuckin' garbage can! I live in style."

J.Dredd

Little Dreamer
    Member # 3885

posted June 03, 2002 05:31 PM Staff Use:

i already went to more than one jus to make sure it wasnt jus a bad night,

it sukt.... !!!!

i aint goin to see no cover band doin VH tunes even if it is dave an sam, it aint no different than VH III .

VH III probably sold out more shows !!!!

and sold more than daves las solo cd an sammys las solo cd !!!!

the show has nuthn to it that reaches out an grabs ya by the nuts(or tits) an says fuk me....

nuthn that makes ya wanna come back the next night to see it again....

nuthin new to keep ya wantn more....

nuthn

zero

--------------------
    J.Dredd

Don Kirschner Fan

Hot For Teacher
    Member # 3531
    Total Posts: 270 (6.13 per day)
    Favorite VH Album: Unreleased Box Set, Fair Warning

posted June 03, 2002 05:46 PM Staff Use:

quote:
    Originally posted by J.Dredd:

merchandise:

sammys lil teddy bear seems to be a hit with the lil girls, all two of them ( actually they are kinda cool), an the van hagar shirt gets alot of intrest yet only saw bout 2 of them on anybody, when was the las time you bought a lil plastic keychain with a picture on it at a concert an actually used it, daves lil jack danials shirt is really kinda cool till ya see the back of it, then its like well ya wont see me wearn that in public, as for the other merchandise, well when was the las time ya have seen anybody wearn any of that type merchandise in public, would you wear it out or to a public event, probabaly not....

merchandise:G E N E R I C W A S T E !!!!

stage set up

club size set up with a ampitheatre size housing,

sound: do ya remember the days when ya coulnt hear the person next to ya talkn to ya at the show, an ya would feel the bass drums in ya chest from a block away, an ya ears would be ringn all night an the next morning, an the vocals would actually be loud an clear....

if evh an avh were watching:

observing the crowd an the stage, the aura about the place is not there, no where is that aura, that feelin like with VH, the crowd is not really into it, the show seems to idle through out the night, the crowd jus kinda stands there, no interaction with the bands,.........

--------------------------------------------------

an sammys up there jus cryn in his beer an margarita, he says hes a professional an a musician, then show it, WFO

J. Dredd does make more than a few key points here for those who haven't seen the show yet. Like I've said before, there were more than a few
    "surprises", for me, and for lack of a better term, 'working to come to terms with what it all means to me as a Van Halen fan. Yes, it most certainly is 2002.....

For instance, someone coined it in another thread that they felt like Dave & Sammy had "switched" performance identities....That's it in a nutshell.

'Good to read the reviews and feel a collective vibe from time to time......But for those that are going - You're gonna want VH back now more than ever

Don Kirschner Fan

Hot For Teacher
    Member # 3531
    Total Posts: 270 (6.13 per day)
    Favorite VH Album: Unreleased Box Set, Fair Warning

posted June 03, 2002 05:56 PM Staff Use:

No, I certainly wouldn't say it sucked. Wow....The songs definately sounded good in Cleveland, and I was on my feet from the time Sam took the stage, dancing, jumpin', & "'pumping the fist"....... 'Glad I don't regret going - and even if it's not the best concert I've ever seen, that's the good part - But if you're a Van Halen fan........

Down In Flames

Atomic Punk (Forum Frontman)
    Member # 1419
    Total Posts: 11305 (15.36 per day)

Favorite VH Album: VH II
    Favorite VH Song: D.O.A.

posted June 03, 2002 09:07 PM Staff Use:

quote:
    Originally posted by J.Dredd:
    i knew most of you wouldnt have the balls to actually post an honest review, opinion, or observation....

Yeah, everybody's way fucking intimidated by your having thrown down the gauntlet like that.

Whatever. LOL

Your opinion, not to mention your review, is no better or worse than anyone else's. It's not a question of "balls" when someone explains what they took away from the show. Some people loved what they saw - more power to them!

It's too bad you didn't dig it, too. But, you can't please everybody. From the majority of the reivews, it would appear that Dave and Sam are trying to, though.

Anyway, we've already got threads in this forum about reviews of the shows, where you can talk about what you did and didn't like, so I'm closing this. Find a thread about the show you were at and cut and paste your review into it.

-------------------------------------------

ok fine b!tch....

i was wondern how long it would take b4 ya closed this thread cuz its to close to reality of the fukn show an this fukn lil web site promotion of the lil show, the one sided views and topics, cant ya take a lil constructive criticism.... or a lil wave to rock the boat, i knew none of you would even post a reply other than tryn oppose any thing i said, cuz you are mostly a bunch of moderately ignorant ass wipes that are afraid to face the truth, and actually open ya eyes to that other than what you want to see and or what you are told to see, yet you continuously reply an post the same topics an replys to those topics an ignore or deleate the topics that you dont see as appropriate and or are what you want on the board other than what you think is right, alot of people like you are so closed minded an have only one view of things that really need a good kik in the nuts, an are probably another reason VH hasnt said anything an are ignoring you and shut down their message board. yeah people do take with them something different from the shows, yet none seem to have an honest reply or response to a negitive post in ways that are not what they really wanna hear, however, it may somehow be visible to many yet they are actually afraid rock the boat, well i aint got nuthn to lose as well as most of you, yet if people actually face it an maybe somehow it could actually have an affect upon the quality and presentation of as well as something more to take with you from that show....

and i really dont give a fuk what any of you in here have to say about the topic and it aint a review its jus an observation of a few shows of this tour that i have witnessed first hand, as well as numerous other sh an dlr shows of the las few yrs....

and i aint goin to no others persons topic or thread of reviews of shows where the moderators have their input to promote the show an ignore any replys other than their own multiple username reviews and select topics, or some predetermined post topic approved by the board with a scritped response.

if ya actually give it a moment an look at the entire pictue of the thing, there is always room for improvement, an yet at the same time have a party doin it.

maybe closing some of the other threads would be better and keeping this open for them to reply to or on, or is it ya jus dont want to face the facts !!!!

like i said this is not a review, its what is right in front of your faces an more replys and or topics from others on similar subject text,and (if i actually was a part of the damn thing), would want to see what the people actually thought about the shows and what their view of jus about anything having to do with the complete package of the venue, not jus a promotional topic sayn it everything was great !!!!

REASON FOR EDIT...

J.Dredd, you're a real douchebag. By posting that link (that I've edited out), you subjected everyone - not just me - to having our screens flooded with bullshit, forcing people to have to shut down their PCs and reboot. That's so fucking queer.

[ June 04, 2002, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: Down In Flames ]