Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

SINNER\'S SWING
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

you should know i'm a major eddie van halen fan, so the following is not a shot against him in any way.

this brian young guy is by far the best eddie clone i've ever heard. as soon as he started playing "i'm the one" i knew he was badass!! he's even built like eddie was back in the early 80's - about 145 -150 lbs. i remember steve vai playing live and he couldn't do the eddie van halen riffs as well as young did. hell even eddie didn't sound that great on the vh III tour, sorry.

oddly enough, i thought young's worst work was on "eruption" which he purposely did a little differently. it's obvious that, if he had wanted to, he could do that note for note off the album. actually, a lot of guitartist can do that solo exactly off the album. joe satriani once played eruption so perfectly, that jeff beck said he did it even better than evh..........evh is still the man in my book.

i guess i'm especially impressed as to how well young sounded because of the fact that this is a relatively small-time production and the sound men/technicians are not exactly the best in the rock concert industry. for young to have sounded that good with what he had working for him, it was very impressive.
    TX7081040

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Steve Vai never wanted to sound like eddie.. He always had his own sound.. Some of his solo cd's had an amazing sound to them.. That high pitched tone was his signature sound. He wanted to be known for HIS guitar work, not eddie's.
    "And my loves got no rain check baby!"-DLR

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

SINNER\'S SWING
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i agree with you about vai, but there were many times he went right after a classic eddie riff in concert and came up a little short. i just though that brian young sounded better live (doing classic vh material) than anyone other than evh himself.
    TX7081040

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by TX7081040:
    you should know i'm a major eddie van halen fan, so the following is not a shot against him in any way.

this brian young guy is by far the best eddie clone i've ever heard. as soon as he started playing "i'm the one" i knew he was badass!! he's even built like eddie was back in the early 80's - about 145 -150 lbs. i remember steve vai playing live and he couldn't do the eddie van halen riffs as well as young did. hell even eddie didn't sound that great on the vh III tour, sorry.
    Dude, Eddie was awesome on I'm The One on the 3 tour. So it wasn't like the album. Big deal. The whole live experience is to spice it up and change it around.

oddly enough, i thought young's worst work was on "eruption" which he purposely did a little differently. it's obvious that, if he had wanted to, he could do that note for note off the album. actually, a lot of guitartist can do that solo exactly off the album. joe satriani once played eruption so perfectly, that jeff beck said he did it even better than evh..........evh is still the man in my book.
    Again. How can someone play something BETTER than the original who invented it?

i guess i'm especially impressed as to how well young sounded because of the fact that this is a relatively small-time production and the sound men/technicians are not exactly the best in the rock concert industry. for young to have sounded that good with what he had working for him, it was very impressive.
    He is good. You can tell he busts his ass to learn all of it. But what would impress me is if he can create and reinvent on stage like Eddie can.

[ June 03, 2002, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Pabs ]
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i remember Vai playing "Eruption" with his teeth...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10