Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I remember when driving up to the Chicago show to see the concert, I heard that Mike Anthony would be playing on stage with Sammy. When Mike was interviewed by the DJ, Mike claimed that Sammy had no idea that he was even there. He said that he thinks he'll just tell Mona, "You need a break...move over...." and just surprize Sammy.

So I'm eating lunch here at work, and watching the MTV cribs episode on Sammy's web site (cool house btw), and then watching the video footage of my show (backstage, warmup, and hitting the stage), and who is there during the pre-game prayer...MICHAEL ANTHONY! Some surprize that is. Now, I know he was only talking to a DJ, but it was a public statement. Why is it that Mike has to always say things that aren't true? Does he not realize that VH fans are going to take him literal EVERYTIME he opens his mouth?
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Favorite VH Album

Balance, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, Romeo Delight,
    Last Online

02.05.15 @ 12:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Methinks you are nitpicking a bit. Cut Mikey some slack. In this day and age, very few things are truly spontaneous.

Think about the logistics of Mike just waltzing on stage during Sam's set - does he plug into Mona's gear? Does he use Mona's bass? Does he use his own bass plugged into Mona's gear? How would Mona feel?

This "surprise" was planned (and probably rehearsed) months ago. Not trying to rip on you or anything, I just disagree.

I saw the show in Dallas and really wish Mikey would have "surprised" us as well. It must have been great to see 1/2 of Van Halen on the stage at one time.
    "There is a fine line between stupid and clever" - Nigel Tufnel

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Screw the logistics. That's reading too far between the lines.

All I'm saying is that if it was planned, then say it was planned. The interview was live and public, so there was no surprize with the fans.

I'm not nitpicking or bashing Mike. But given his track record in the last two years, it's probably not in his best interest to say things if it's not true. All he's doing is crying wolf when there is no wolf. Pretty soon, no one will believe ANYTHING he says.....

I'm sure Mike didn't mean to sound literal, but people believe that something big will happen since he's gonna just jump on stage for the first time.

Then you find out that it was planned all along.

Come on Mike.....the fans bite whatever bone you throw.
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Pabs:
    I remember when driving up to the Chicago show to see the concert, I heard that Mike Anthony would be playing on stage with Sammy. When Mike was interviewed by the DJ, Mike claimed that Sammy had no idea that he was even there. He said that he thinks he'll just tell Mona, "You need a break...move over...." and just surprize Sammy.

So I'm eating lunch here at work, and watching the MTV cribs episode on Sammy's web site (cool house btw), and then watching the video footage of my show (backstage, warmup, and hitting the stage), and who is there during the pre-game prayer...MICHAEL ANTHONY! Some surprize that is. Now, I know he was only talking to a DJ, but it was a public statement. Why is it that Mike has to always say things that aren't true? Does he not realize that VH fans are going to take him literal EVERYTIME he opens his mouth?
    LOL!!!! MIkey and his damn big fat mouth!!!LOL [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]