Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

I've been hearing much talk about how it is inevitable that we will need to give up "some" of our freedoms of americans to become safer (for a short term of course:roleyes: ). People seem to be ok with this too! Am I in the minority by thinking this is the completely WRONG way of thinking?

I say we dont give up SHIT. Ever. I'm not good at quoting anything so dont laugh at me, but wasnt it Ben Franklin, one of our founding fathers that said something like "The person who is willing to sacrifice freedom and independece for safety, deserves neither". I wholeheartedly agree. We dont give up ANYTHING for one second. What we do is eliminate the very thing that threatens our safety, freedom and independence and eliminate it quickly by God.

Your thoughts..
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I hate the way people are letting this change their daily lives. That's what those bastards that did it want. I had a lunch meeting yesterday, and 2 people didn't show because they didn't feel comfortable due to the attack.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Now that Colin Powell has called on NATO for support, the wording has now been changed from 'act of WAR' to 'act of BARBARISM'. I think we may have blown all hope of making a strong enough statement to really be effective.

After much thought, it seems the only way to hurt the perpetrators is to go OVERBOARD, and make them pay a price they are not willing to pay. Yes, that means the slaughter of their families, kids, dogs, cats, homes, cities, swimming pools, churches, etc. Just killing the guilty parties is meaningless-it is their DREAM to die for the glory of their god. We need a shocking attack; one that would even scare our allies to the point where the whole world's jaw drops while they say "holy shit! I cannot BELIEVE the US could be so cruel." Anything shy of that, our freedoms here will likely forever be altered.

VP Cheney has been SILENT; I don't think he approves of any of what's being discussed behing closed doors. Without the US making an almost insane response, and doing it quickly, we will simply become the laughing stock of the terrorist world, and will be forced to deal with an altered lifestyle forever.

The time is NOW-tactical nuclear eradication of even a few select cities, with NO ground troops involved, is the only language those guys are going to understand. If we want to stop terrorism, it's gotta come from within their own ranks. Just taking out the major players ain't gonna cut it.

Just like Al Capone; we managed to get him locked up, yet the Mafia continues to thrive to this day. We achieved nothing by locking HIM up; he was simply replaced by another guy, and it's continued ever since.

We don't need to hit the 'right' target either; we need to instill FEAR, not implement justice.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with Abe. Nuke 'em all or face the facts that we are a bunch of pussies. It's time to make a global statement. What a way to boost our economy. It's time to build up the US war machine to unprecedented levels. I also say LET ISRAEL LOOSE! These fuckers would clean house in the middle east and then we can split the profits of all the oil refineries. Gas would be 50 cents a gallon. Give me a gun or put me in office. I will lead us all.
    America's Team...The Green Bay Packers!<br />12 Championship Titles For The Packers And Counting...<br />"Depends What We Do". EVH 2001<br />VH R.I.P. 1978-1996

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seenbad:
    I've been hearing much talk about how it is inevitable that we will need to give up "some" of our freedoms of americans to become safer (for a short term of course:roleyes: ). People seem to be ok with this too! Am I in the minority by thinking this is the completely WRONG way of thinking?

I say we dont give up SHIT. Ever. I'm not good at quoting anything so dont laugh at me, but wasnt it Ben Franklin, one of our founding fathers that said something like "The person who is willing to sacrifice freedom and independece for safety, deserves neither". I wholeheartedly agree. We dont give up ANYTHING for one second. What we do is eliminate the very thing that threatens our safety, freedom and independence and eliminate it quickly by God.

Your thoughts..
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen the quote attributed to both Franklin and Jefferson. RIght now I think you are in a minority judging from poll results I've been seeing. I hope when the dust settles (figuratively and literally) people we see things differently.

Some things obviously need to change, like airport security (and way more than the pointless changes proposed by the FAA). But those things should be inconveniences not limitations on freedom.

I think certain elements in the media have said some very stupid things. You keep hearing this "things will never be the same" mantra from media agencies who should know better. It's in danger of becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Europe has lived with terrorism (not on this immediate scale of course) without restricting how people are able to lead their lives. There's no need for drastic changes to happen here.
    Delusions of eloquence

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Correction my brother Jonathon. Germany is very tough at the airport. You are checked from head to toe. It's tough to pull something off at an airport there.
    America's Team...The Green Bay Packers!<br />12 Championship Titles For The Packers And Counting...<br />"Depends What We Do". EVH 2001<br />VH R.I.P. 1978-1996

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

KMart and Walmart have ceased to sell guns for the time being. That is an infringement of our 2nd Amendment rights.

Major League Baseball is postponed.

The NFL is considering the same thing.

The PGA has cancelled a HUGE event.

Airport security is going way up. No steak knives for first class. I guess they'll all eat soup.

In 24 hours, US intelligence has found 50+ suspects in this already. Suddenly they have sprung to life.

Things are already changing. Even if they are temporary, they have changed.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by diggyd:
    Correction my brother Jonathon. Germany is very tough at the airport. You are checked from head to toe. It's tough to pull something off at an airport there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ummm....I'm British, I'm well aware how tight security is at European airports. I think you missed my point, airport security in the US is an oxymoron. Those are things that can and should change drastically without infringing on people's freedom.
    Delusions of eloquence

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AbeVanHalen:
    KMart and Walmart have ceased to sell guns for the time being. That is an infringement of our 2nd Amendment rights.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only if they've done it by order of the government. Otherwise it's just a business changing how they operate.
    Delusions of eloquence

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jonathan:

I think you missed my point, airport security in the US is an oxymoron.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

boy did you ever get THAT right...! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AbeVanHalen:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not if you can buy guns anywhere else it isn't. They've made a decision to not carry a product. Would you get upset if they quit carrying your brand of shampoo?

Most of the other things have been cancelled or postponed out of respect for those who died. Others out of concern for the safety of those who might be in attendance.

You want war over this. You want us to nuke whoever did it. If we do that (and I'm not saying we shouldn't strike back, but I AM completely OPPOSED to nuclear strikes), then be prepared for LOTS more to change. Remember if this came from middle east terrorists, they believe in an Eye for an Eye. If we strike, don't think that they won't strike back.

Right now things have to change. We have to be alert. We should have always been alert. We slacked and we pay the consequences now. We strike back, and things will REALLY change. I don't think we can ever go back completely to the way we were. That's a closed chapter
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

According to an interview last night with Bin Ladens *teacher*, it doesn't matter how secure we "think" we are.....they live in a country where people will suicide themselves...in that sense/belief, we will be an easy target [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't know if we need the nukes--it'll give them another excuse to retaliate in kind.

I wouldn't kill the ones actually responsible--but I'm all for making their lives as agonizing as humanly possible by physical torture!!

I also advocate going after as many terrorist cells as possible, not just the ones responsible for the WTC, all of 'em! While we got most of the world on our side, let's take out as much as we can!!

Regarding the freedoms, I'm all for tighter airport security, but that's about it. We lose freedoms only if we allow it.
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jonathan, I reread your post and I took the ball and ran in a different direction. My bad. Good post...Cheerio!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by diggyd:
    Jonathan, I reread your post and I took the ball and ran in a different direction. My bad. Good post...Cheerio!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no problem [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    Delusions of eloquence