Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Not trying to freak anybody out with all these new topics I'm posting, just trying to keep you informed. It seems the web is much more a source of info than the media. My gut tells me the media has somewhat of a muzzle right now.

NewsMax.com
    9-13-1
    Gen. Jack Singlaub, the former U.S. supreme commander of all U.S. forces in Korea, told NewsMax that additional, more significant attacks against the U.S. could take place in the next several weeks.

He warned that an escalation of terror - which might follow such an elaborate scheme as we have already seen unfold - might include the use of chemical or biological weapons of mass destruction.

General Singlaub said that he shared the views of NewsMax national security consultant, Col. Stanislav Lunev, who has also issued a similar warning.

"This is my view," he said, "There is a possibility of a biological or chemical attack."

The view that additional attacks are likely is shared by the U.S. government.

Fox News reported last evening that "lawmakers were told in classified briefings that additional attacks are 'possible if not probable' and they should not assume a false sense of security. This message has been conveyed with a very deliberate and serious level of magnitude."

"This is really war," Gen. Singlaub told NewsMax.com. Singlaub himself witnessed the fireball explosion at the Pentagon, he lives just a quarter-mile from the military complex.

His analysis follows, with direct quotes in bold:

1. Go beyond the terrorists.

"This time we need to strike not only at the terrorists, but the countries that give them safe harbor, that finance them, that provide them sanctuary."

2. Russia and China

"We need to remember that Russia and China continue to be in alliances with many of the nations that are supporting these terrorists."

3. President Clinton is largely responsible for this disaster.

"He decimated U.S. forces. He helped the very nations seeking to harm us, Russia and China. He claimed they were strategic partners. Russia and China have been backing these terrorist countries like Iraq."

"What Clinton did was get the good people out of these agencies, the intelligence agencies. They either quit or were fired. The people who supported Clinton stayed or were promoted.

"Look at the case of Notra Trulock [former head of nuclear weapons security at the Dept. of Energy]. He was fired because he complained about the lack of security. The people who agreed with Clinton and helped produce this current situation are still running these agencies in the U.S. government.

"Clinton policies also feminized the military. The promotion of feminization and homosexuality not only ruins morale, but to the rest of the world, our enemies look at that and think we are weak."

4. Don't tar Muslims.

"This is very similar to 1941, after Pearl Harbor, when the loyalty of Japanese were questioned. As it turned out the Japanese-American were fiercely loyal. There are many good Arabs and Muslims in America. These are good Americans. Many, if not most of the Arab countries have been good allies of the United States. We should not harm a lot of our good allies."

5. Missile defense is urgently needed.

"These defenses are needed for two different threats. First, from the threat of ballistic missiles, ICBMs, which still continue to threaten us. Second, we need theatre missile defense. We need also an expanded homeland defense. This might include upgrading the National Guard and expanding the Coast Guard."Read more on this subject in related
    http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...13/93136.shtml Post by permission of NewsMax.com
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

the only thing in this article that scares me #-2. we need china and russia with us on this. china's army is bigger than our entire country.

if this is a world war, there will be mass destruction [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] and it is quite possible that a world war will be the end.

this is getting scary.

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The general is right. We CANNOT afford to trust Russia or China at this point. While neither us nor them want to be at war with the other, that doesn't make us instant allies.

With mutually assured destruction looming over us, we will likely avoid conflict with them. But be forewarned-if this war depletes our abilities, it becomes easy for either one of them to walk right over us. After all those years of the cold war, we would be foolish to trust them. That's what makes it truly scary, but we can't afford to rely on them. If they wish to assist us, fine. But we don't have a good track record with either one of them. Caution is the better part of valor.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seenbad:

The view that additional attacks are likely is shared by the U.S. government.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

....and everyone else too. This is hardly classified information.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>
    1. Go beyond the terrorists.

"This time we need to strike not only at the terrorists, but the countries that give them safe harbor, that finance them, that provide them sanctuary."
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was Bush's quote to the nation - it's been echoed by every politician who has been on TV. It's not an opinion being kept from us by the media.

2. Russia and China

"We need to remember that Russia and China continue to be in alliances with many of the nations that are supporting these terrorists."
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The CIA trained and funded Bin Laden, just as the US aided Hussein when in the Iraq-Iran war. No one's hands are clean in this mess. Current friends can and easily do become future enemies - The US has to learn this lesson once and for all.

3. President Clinton is largely responsible for this disaster.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is bullshit and the kind of divisive talk that the US really doesn't need at this time. The size of the military wouldn't have made any difference - c'mon it was 15 guys with razor blades. Connecting this specific incident with gays and women in the armed forces is beyond retarded and purely a political agenda.

4. Don't tar Muslims.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. Hardly a classified or media censored opinion though.

5. Missile defense is urgently needed.

"These defenses are needed for two different threats. First, from the threat of ballistic missiles, ICBMs, which still continue to threaten us. Second, we need theatre missile defense. We need also an expanded homeland defense. This might include upgrading the National Guard and expanding the Coast Guard.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, this is pure militaristic and scaremongering politics at a time when politics should be irrelevant.

The military was completely powerless to do anything about the WTC attacks. One does start to wonder about the Pentagon though considering they should have been on ulltra high alert 45 minutes later.

Nevertheless, the reality of the situation is that the act was perpetrated by 15 guys carrying razor blades who evaded a hopelessly inefficient *commercial* airport security system. Moreover these were highly educated individuals (at least educated enough to learn how to fly planes, and some were students in Germany it seems) who were prepared to carefully plan their own suicides months in advance.

Sure there is the possibility of biological or chemical attacks - people realized that before Tuesday, I did at least. But the reason for keeping the above kind of blatant propaganda out of the mainstream media is not censorship - but how fucking irresponsible and insensitive it is at this time.

IMO, the US should and must do something very soon. It will be essentially symbolic in the short term, but symbolism is highly important in these kind of situations.

But the long term isn't going to be solved by a massive build up of traditional arms and a missile defence system. It just isn't going to be that type of war - it's an unseen, intelligent enemy who can do huge amounts of damage with minimal equipment but major planning. I'd speculate that they have planned for well beyond Tuesday, and almost certainly factored in what they think a likely US response will be.
    Delusions of eloquence

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

You know, it strikes me that this general was talking out of his ass. If he gave nothing more than his opinion without solid intelligence to back it up, he's done a great diservice to his country.

Promoting panic by not distinguishing between the possible and the known is irresponsible.