VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I'm not too sure how I feel today.

I'm definitely not the same old fun-loving and carefree guy I was 2 weeks ago. However, this whole thing has really taken the "fun" out of me. I look SO forward to getting home each night to be with my family but that is all that really motivates me nowadays.

I haven't listened to any of my CD's since last Monday. I don't wanna buy anything "trivial" and don't even spend too much time on the computer anymore.

I do feel inspired with President Bush's speech the other night and am waiting to see what happens next. I do feel hopeful but not so much that I feel like forgetting the tragedy.

Am I the only one who thinks like this today?
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I've definitely noticed that I just haven't been able to be the "funny guy" since this whole thing struck. It's been VERY hard.

I just couldn't do anything for a week after the attack. It's still real hard to get anything going these days. Time is passing; I can listen to VH again, which is a good thing. I'm gradually getting back to normal, but this will be on my mind for a LONG time to come.
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Even though I'm not from the US, I feel like I've been holding breath since 09/11. I'm quite nevous about how this all going to turn out.
    For example, last night we were watching the special on tv, and I was surfing the links and all at once the cable went out and I lost my internet connection, and for a second or two I found myself wondering if it was connected to the recent events. I never would have thought anything like that before.
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Guys, I understand what you're saying.

I've heard that people all over the nation are now re-evaluating their lives and values after the tragedy. Changing careers and getting that cottage in the mountains like they've always wanted to. Fuck the upward mobility and materialism. This is a beautiful part of the aftermath, in my opinion. We are forced to look at ourselves in the mirror and decide exactly what is truly important to us. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Now, here's the downside -

Laughter is important. Fun is important. I know the tragedy is still very close in the rearview mirror, if even that far yet. But we have to remain true to ourselves, or we admit defeat. We can still mourn. We must still mourn. But we can't let it consume us, or these devils have got us right where they want us.

Help your neighbor.
    Laugh a little - it's good for the heart.

Hug everyone, and often.

CHANGE YOUR LIFE, if these are things that are not commonplace for you.

Speak kindly to everyone.

Do good deeds selflessly, and condemn acts of hate.

It's OK for us to go on with our lives, we need not feel guilty about it, as long as we are doing the things we can for those in need. This is a new part of our fabric now, and it will be for a while to come. Yes - our lives have changed. But they have not ended for those of us that are fortunate to be alive.

This is one way we can honor those who have perished - by living in their absence.

God be with you. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ September 22, 2001 at 07:38 PM: Message edited by: Wolfman ]

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I still feel angry. It's not bothering me much, or changing my daily life to a large extent. I haven't let it. That's exactly what those bastards want. I'm disappointed about the markets. I'm angry that there's some evidence showing people connected to the bombings may have shorted airline stocks prior to the event. People shouldn't make money off this. At the same time though, I plan on scrapping together some money to buy some stocks on Monday morning. I'm not sure how I feel about that, other than that it's a good opportunity.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Concerned. I'm moving past the act itself and looking to the future. If there were ever a recipe for WW3, this is sure it. Not sure I'd look forward to getting into a war with the Arab nation. I dont think it would be soon (like the next year), but I'm reaaaalllly watching this whole mess to see what comes out of it day to day. Not saying that I think WW3 IS going to happen, I just see a very real possibility with it and I'm watching really close here. I dont want my daughter to grow up with the same fears I had with the cold war, or worse either.

I still get very emotional with some coverage on TV....the stories that are coming out, the families who lost. It just kills me to watch that stuff, but I feel I'm obligated in some way to share in their pain, anguish, and anger.

The dead, the survivours, and the act itself is one of two things that I draw my energies, thoughts, and emotions from. The other, the nation of America and this kind of act, and its place here. There is no place for it here. And we are built on principles of preservation of freedom as well as protection. Our borders cant be threatened anymore. So I'm filled with a sad, righteous, self protective, angry kind of depression with it all. Maybe depression is the wrong word, but its a blanket whatever it is, and I dont like it compared to how things were just a mere two weeks ago.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Last Online

01.24.08 @ 09:30 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I cried and moved around like a zombie for the first week. Now, I can say I am able to enjoy a comedy, turn up the rock music and laugh with my family without feeling sick to my stomach. Since there is little I can do that I have not already done, I am forcing myself to return to normalcy.

But things are not normal. My brother is a Navy Lieutenant Commander, several hunred feet under the ocean in a missle-launching submarine. Thank God that brave, rational and SMART men like he are at the helms of such vessels. What lies ahead for him? I shudder to think.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello guys,
    here in Italy the situation is not different.
    Personally, I still feel very depressed, sad, angry against the beasts that made this.
    I didn't call my friends, listen to any music for some days, didn't want to laugh, I just watched all the news to see what would be coming next.
    I have a friend who was in NY at the end of August; he showed me just the saturday before the attack some pics taken from one the towers. God, the landscape was fantastic...
    I told him I would have liked one day to go there and enjoy the seeing...
    He is still very shocked; he could have been there that day.

Now, everything has changed. All our lives have changed.
    I am not american, but now I have a feeling of brotherness with you guys; I grieve with you and your families.

I pray that this attack will not lead to something that could become uncontrollable, but I am confident in those who make the decisions about military operations.

These are the darkest hours, but there will come a day when the sun will shine again on NY and the whole world. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

God bless us all.
    Love

Last Online

01.24.08 @ 09:30 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seicorde:
    I am not american, but now I have a feeling of brotherness with you guys; I grieve with you and your families.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Grazie, "six string"! Noi siamo uno. America loves Italy and appreciates your prayers and concern.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Trying to get back to some kind of normalcy. It's pretty hard at times though because of constant reminders - used to be able to see the WTC on my journey to work, our school website is down because its hub was at the WTC, phone service is sporadic, we're within sight of the Brooklyn Bridge and fire department workers are parking on campus and in local streets. People in NYC are just more "quiet" than they were before. The city still has its energy but it's different.

Beyond that it feels like the eye of the storm. I've never been a fan of Bush but he's done great IMO - Yet, "our" side hasn't really reacted/retaliated in a noticeable way yet. That is surely imminent and then who knows what happens? It's hard to doubt that the enemy wants to draw the US and the Western democracies into a holy war. I worry about further attacks on the US and the UK, and also Turkey (my wife is Turkish) which is right in the frontline.

The situation is immensely complicated. It's easy to describe everything as "an attack on freedom' - but it's not that simple given the regimes of the mid-east allies and the potential for regional destabilization. The two-edged sword of "unity" worries me too - it's great to see people pulling together, but political unity is rarely a good thing in a democracy and neither is the so-called liberal US press who are acting like cheerleaders right now.

One good thing though - I couldn't care less if the dyfunctional children in and around Van Halen do anything right now. So that's one less thing to worry about [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Delusions of eloquence

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm fine. In fact, I've bought MORE since Sept. 11th to support the economy for all you slackers [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Seriously though - the purpose of a terrorist attack is not to topple a government, but to destroy the morale of the people. bin Laden wanted us to feel weak, vulnerable, and threatened. He wanted us to question the motives of those around us that are different - especially those who are Muslim so he could polarize them against us. He wants to win a mental war against us.

You know what, I'm not about to let that MFSOB get the satisfaction of ruining my day. Sure, watching the WTC fall was eerie, but the WTC was just a building. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families that lost loved ones in the attack, but you know what... I think those we love that have departed want nothing more than us to focus on the good times and the love we shared with them, not to ruin our lives grieving and morning over them. They're in a better place - a place of happiness and love. They don't need out sympathy or pity - we need theirs. We're the ones that have to live through the aftermath and continue to face the cost of human lives in the quest for peace in the world. They're job here is done.

The best thing we can do is go on with life in the closest thing to normal we can salvage anymore. Live our lives to the fullest in tribute to them. We have 6,240+ people we have to live life for now - you all had better start going out and showing those people a good time before they get bored living life through you!

That movie with Morgan Freeman - what was it called, Deep Impact? It said it best. Oceans rise. Cities fall. But hope remains.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

quote:
    Originally posted by Stuff No More:
    D

Seriously though - the purpose of a terrorist attack is not to topple a government, but to destroy the morale of the people.

Not to take away from the good purpose and direction of this thread, but I believe this to be quite the former than the latter. Jonathan hit it with the eye of the storm and the immensly complicated situation. I feel that some of it is starting to unravel a bit. Bin Ladin is now calling for an official jihad from all muslim nations against the christian and jewish western scum. I cant help but to think that this opportunity wasnt planned. The momentum, the spot we are in being forced into retaliation, the allignment of allies and forces, where the chips fall. I think the very foundation of our country and government itself is in mind to destroy, not just the morale of the people within it. Thats just the first step. I feel like they want continual terrorist acts to continue the momentum and push us into war with as many muslim nations as possible with hope that nuclear weapons get involved and America is destroyed once and for all. Thats just what my gut is piecing together with all this while trying to think like them in the "America is the arch enemy of the Arab nation" mindset which is VERY real right now.

To tie this back into the title of the thread. I'm pretty worried about it. Thats how I feel.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:47 PM
    Liked 974 Times in 391 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seenbad:

Not to take away from the good purpose and direction of this thread, but I believe this to be quite the former than the latter. Jonathan hit it with the eye of the storm and the immensly complicated situation. I feel that some of it is starting to unravel a bit. Bin Ladin is now calling for an official jihad from all muslim nations against the christian and jewish western scum. I cant help but to think that this opportunity wasnt planned. The momentum, the spot we are in being forced into retaliation, the allignment of allies and forces, where the chips fall. I think the very foundation of our country and government itself is in mind to destroy, not just the morale of the people within it. Thats just the first step. I feel like they want continual terrorist acts to continue the momentum and push us into war with as many muslim nations as possible with hope that nuclear weapons get involved and America is destroyed once and for all. Thats just what my gut is piecing together with all this while trying to think like them in the "America is the arch enemy of the Arab nation" mindset which is VERY real right now.

To tie this back into the title of the thread. I'm pretty worried about it. Thats how I feel.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

unfortunately, i have to agree with seenbad here. however, i think bush and our leaders, and leaders areound the world realize this, and that is why they are taking their time.

they just arrested three men outside the Vatican today [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] this is no joke.

i am trying to let my life be normal again but it is hard. at least once a day i feel sick. it's not like someone just beat up your younger brother, stole your mom's purse, or you dad got fired. our whole nation is involved. we should be thankful of the allies we have.

u know, i always wanted to get married and have kids...but now...hell, why bring someone so innocent into all of this? i'd rather just get married or date forever. but heck, that's what they want us to do, self destruct.

tell ya what, had a cheeseburger for lunch the other day with my dad and it never tasted so damn good. the beer i had this weekend never tasted so good either. seeing bonds hit yet another home run never seemed so graceful..etc etc. i think you catch my point.

this is truly a time when the world must unite. if we do, we have a damn good chance at this and we will win.

i am just really starting to find my niche in this world too. doing really well my job, got my gretzky autographed jersey [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]...lol. i'd give up everything i ever had if it would take all this back.

this is the only thing thusfar that VH music hasn't made me forget or at least altered my state of mind if you will. even though the rumblings of the blaring music, you still see horrifying visions and an unbelieveable task ahead.

we will live on........

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My youngest son got off the bus today carrying a laminated American flag....on the back of this flag it has the:
    Star Spangled Banner
    America the Beautiful
    God Bless America

I said to him "you have a flag!!" he held it up to me and said "it's beautiful" with tears in his eyes [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

If I had to put a name on what I feel at this moment it would be "manic"...too many highs and lows.
    Lately, I have been moved to tears over hearing the stories people are sharing, be it tragic, about our many heroes, or simply hearing the star spangled banner (Cher's version kicks ass), watching the country I live in come together and show nationwide fellowship tugs my heartstrings.... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I see a renewed sense of Patriotism, flags are flying, on cars, houses, motorcycles, hanging in stores and right down the road there is a house painted like the flag (I am going to take a picture soon) and I'm proud.

I am grateful to be alive and well. There were people unknown to me, that died for the freedom I enjoy today, and for that I am also grateful.

I think this country had a rude awakening Sept 11th and that we'll probably have more, for that I'm pissed off and sad [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I know the same freedom will be defended again by people unknown to me again and that my kids will know history in the making. (I've saved many a newspaper for them to have later)

I'm sad that there will be many people going into battle and will come back a hero, or they won't come back at all....and I can't put a feeling on that at all.

I certainly have respect for President Bush... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

right this very minute, I am pissed off because I've been bumped offline 5 times while trying to type this post [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] ARGH!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ANGEL4U:
    My youngest son got off the bus today carrying a laminated American flag....on the back of this flag it has the:
    Star Spangled Banner
    America the Beautiful
    God Bless America

I said to him "you have a flag!!" he held it up to me and said "it's beautiful" with tears in his eyes [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is so darling. What a beautiful thing.

[img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]