hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:25 AM
    Liked 973 Times in 390 Posts

read that at the army earlier.

what fucking bullshit!!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

What fucking dopes! Here's hoping that CEO finds himself moping up at the company Starbucks before too long.

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

That guy Bill Schrempf (no releation to Detlef, I'm sure) can suck me off.

Damn PC toadie... How stupid.
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

I sent an email. Hope it gets to him....the rat bastard. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Please forward to your Mr. Schremph, NCCI's Chief Engineering Officer.

Mr. Schremph.

I just read about your stance on American flags in the workplace and am absolutely appalled. I find it completely unbelievable that a CEO would take such a stance at this time in our nation. Please tell me that you are an immigrant and simply dont hold our views. That I could at least comprehend, and respect your right to run your company as you choose no matter what anybody thinks of it. Otherwise, if you are an American citizen, you are not of this nations blood. It shames me that I would even have to recognize you as a fellow citizen.

May I remind you? Your business, your freedom, your money, and your way of life is directly tied to the origins of that flag, those colors, those stars and stripes. Those men that have died to allow you to prosper in a free nation to the level of "CEO" are burried with that very flag on there coffins. This holds true to the employees that serve you, this holds true to all of us.

How dare you not allow this wonderfull symbol (of what we owe our everything to) to be displayed. How dare you drive a stake into the hearts of your employees that lost loved ones. How dare you call yourself an "American".

With your actions and your stance, you may as well have gone outside and burned one. How dare you spit in the face of a nation that has given you so much.

VERY SINCERELY,

sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

04.05.12 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Cool, Seen, I e-mailed them, too. Maybe if they get enough outside pressure, they'll rethink their ridiculous policy. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
    Scott Roberts
    The Official Scott Roberts Blog - http://www.scottrobertsweb.com
    FORMER owner of The VH Trade Site - http://www.vhtrading.com

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

right on Scott. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

All!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:12 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 2 Posts

HEY GUYS!!! I just called corporate headquarthers, and they have drastically revised their policy. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

They're even handing out flags now. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ September 17, 2001 at 08:05 AM: Message edited by: esquiretoo ]
    Over 17 years on the links!!
    ROLL DAMN TIDE!!
    First time I heard Unchained, I thought the lyrics were...."Blue-eyed mutha in a slashed white dress!"
    STAY FROSTY FRIENDS!

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

That kicks much ass.

I hope he didnt just cave in to contraversy, but rather really started to comprehend what it was that he did.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

I cant beleive that!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

I made a point on friday of purchasing some small flags and had them all put on the antenna's of all of our company trucks. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:29 PM
    Liked 444 Times in 246 Posts

Here's an article I found on the subject.......

Flag-Waiving Officials Quickly Reverse Themselves Following Complaints

In an America awash in red, white and blue on everything from car antennas to headbands to front porches, not everyone was immediately enthusiastic about these displays of patriotism and support for the victims of last week's terrorist attacks.

At least two schools and one company, officials initially declared flag displays off-limits. Students and workers coming to work with colors were told to get rid of them or go home.
    Managers at NCCI Holdings, Inc., a workers compensation database company headquartered in Boca Raton, Fla., went so far as to briefly confiscate flags from employees' cubicles, saying other workers may find them offensive.
    A bus driver at Pennsylvania's Lehigh University that showed up with a U.S. flag on his vehicle was told by a campus official to remove it. Non-American students might be made uncomfortable by the display, an official told him.
    And outside Houston, Texas, a teacher forced a student to remove a flag-bearing shirt Friday because it didn't meet the school's dress code.
    All three of the edicts were short-lived, however, quickly falling prey to a rash of complaints and calls from outraged people in their respective communities.
    In a letter to the local newspaper published over the weekend, Lehigh Vice Provost for Student Affairs John Smeaton apologized for his earlier actions.
    "In a momentary lapse of judgment, which I deeply regret, I suggested the flag be removed from inside the bus," he wrote. "An hour later, when I had time to reflect on that request, I realized that my decision was absolutely wrong. I immediately asked that the flag be returned."
    NCCI's flag ban was based on a company policy that considers displaying the flag a "political statement" banned from the workplace along with "divisive statements or actions" and "political or religious discussions." However, the ban only lasted until 4 p.m. Sunday, when President and CEO Bill Schrumpf issued a statement reversing the policy and saying the company would this week hand out red, white and blue lapel pins for those who want to wear them.
    NCCI Spokesman Michael Bullard said the company is also providing free flags to any employee who wants to display one at their desk, and, in addition to the flags flying outside the company's headquarters, NCCI will put one in its atrium and is considering "modifying our position even more."
    At McMasters Elementary School in Pasadena, Texas, the principal who forced a second grader wearing a shirt with a flag on it to remove it because it didn't meet school dress code said it was all a misunderstanding. Principal Mable Pratt said she was unaware that the second grader's father is a veteran and in the Army Reserves.
    Earlier in the week, it was Pratt who led students in the singing of the Star Spangled Banner and "God Bless America" along with a reading of the Declaration of Independence.
    The flag issue "just blew out of hand," she said.

God Bless America!!!!
    M*U*L*E

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

04.05.12 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Cool. I love it when political correctness loses and freedom prevails (which is getting pretty rare these days... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]).
    Scott Roberts
    The Official Scott Roberts Blog - http://www.scottrobertsweb.com
    FORMER owner of The VH Trade Site - http://www.vhtrading.com

Last Online

01.24.08 @ 09:30 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Private employers have every right under our Constitution to restrict many forms of speech, including the display of flags and such. Doesn't mean they're smart to do so, but that's also what our flag means. Glad NCCI caved to pressure. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

Thats a good point lawchick. And I have the right to not like it and send nasty-grams too. heh heh.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What gets me is THIS:

If the mere sight of the American Flag flying on American soil is enough to make some people feel uncomfortable, HOW THE HELL CAN THEY STAND LIVING HERE????

and

How in the hell can Congresswoman Lee get elected over and over again in California when SHE REFUSES TO STAND FOR/SAY THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE??? She is serving a country she has no respect for, yet she represents people in the government? WTF???
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.