Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok here is the deal. This Morning the wife and I went on a local TV Show (I work for the Dept of Veterans Affairs and my Wife is a Military Nurse) Anyhoo....they interviewed us about the coming war and other stuff. (Hey Seenbad.....the Show was AM Northwest. Cathy Marshall by the way dude is Friken Hot.) So.....there was a bunch of teenage kids in the studio and the host of the show went to them for a statement or two about their thoughts on the military. One kid stands up and says that if there ever is another draft he can not and will not go. He then said he would go to Canada to avoid it. I was fucking stunned. Then the next kid gets up and said the complete opposite and got a big rousing cheer. Now, we are on the show with a couple of High Ranking Officers and they were seething just a bit. It was all very uncomfortable. So after the show was over we were all just standing there and the Army Major General and I were discussing how the show went and he see's that kid (We called him Canada boy) and he stops him in his tracks with his arm and says to him. "Son...it would probably be in your best interest if you pack your bags and hi-tail it north...you know what I mean?) The kid just stood there and turned ghost white. It was classic.
    I can respect him for his opinion and all but my God...this was a show about our Military and our Veterans that was supposed to be feel good and Oooh Rah and this pencil dick lays that one on us. I hope for the sake of our country that this kind of attitude doesn't spread. I dont think it will but damn...that was just wrong and to do it on live TV......Shit Im still pissed. Sorry I needed to vent. I hope his class beats the living shit out of him. I can understand Vietnam and why but Jesus....our Country was just attacked and he would rather go to Canada. Hey Kid...FUCK YOU! Sorry for venting, Im done now. Thanx for hearing me out.
    David Tyler Levi

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.15.08 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The kid is a chicken shit, there's no other explanation. Go to Canada, ya fuckin' loser!!

I'm from Canada, and I'll fight, godammmit! I've lived here since I was 5, this is my country too and I won't let some terrorist assholes scare me away.

They spend all their lives sheltered in peace and freedom by this country, but if the US were to call on them in a time of need, they would turn their backs on it. They are all cowards.
    I used to know this guy, he played with dolls...

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

dude, you were on that show and didnt tell us about it?! Damn man......and yeah, she is a hottie [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Ya know, I hate to admit this, but I had a run in two days ago with my own brother about this very thing. Granted, he is a nimrod 18 year old dumbass that hasnt gathered his social graces and ...well, he's a dumbass. I'll leave it at that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I was trying to talk to him seriously about this subject, asked him straight up, "are you ready if the draft comes in the next year or so?" His response was in a kidding nature, and I really dont think he see's the gravity of the situation, but he replied "shit man, I'd go to Canada". My dad almost had to hold me back. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] I fuckin ripped him up for even joking about that at a time like this, especially to an ex military guy. Made me feel like he was just riding my back during the time I served and wouldnt return the favor if he was called?! Not a funny joke. I havn't talked to him since.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let's give Canada a little credit this time around. Hopefully, this time they will throw all those punks back or put 'em in their own forces up there.
    "Tardy? I don't feel tardy!"

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!" - DLR

Pride and Glory - the Packer Story!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That might have worked during the vietnam war. It won't fly now.
    A much more thorough check would be done, and I'm sure they'd be on their way back home quickly.
    If it turns out that we're fighting in our own back yard, who needs runners that are afraid to stand up for their own country.

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

It's funny cause you see all these college kids (both US and Canucks)protesting saying "we need to find a peaceful way to deal with this", yet the very peace that they have enjoyed their whole life is the direct result of bloodshed in military operations.

These people make me sick, they're willing to enjoy the freedom, but unwilling to defend it, fuckwads
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I suppose we send him to war and he'll become a real man, huh? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

6000 dead is already too much.
    If an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth was put into place we'd all be blind.
    "There's a time and place for everything- for everyone."

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

That's not the point dude. We have a generation of spoiled brats who think they know everything about anything.

To play passivist when they're called to defend the freedom that thay've been lucky enough to enjoy their whole life is crap. Some of these people have their heads so far up their ass that they can't even appreciate the seriousness of what's happening.

I'm not saying we NEED WW3, I'd rather not see any war, but the reality is the US suffered an act of war against them, and if they don't respond by letting the world know that this type of thing is not acceptable, this will only be the beginning.
    This is a wake-up call.
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sleepless Nights:
    I suppose we send him to war and he'll become a real man, huh? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

6000 dead is already too much.
    If an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth was put into place we'd all be blind.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure glad people like you are in the minority! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
    "Tardy? I don't feel tardy!"

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!" - DLR

Pride and Glory - the Packer Story!

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by homeunit:
    It's funny cause you see all these college kids (both US and Canucks)protesting saying "we need to find a peaceful way to deal with this", yet the very peace that they have enjoyed their whole life is the direct result of bloodshed in military operations.

These people make me sick, they're willing to enjoy the freedom, but unwilling to defend it, fuckwads
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm glad you brought up the college kids, homeunit. I know they are trying to protest in a "peaceful" way, but they're still protesting [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] :spoiled:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I guess this young mans' view is the downside of freedom of speech.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Today, in my town, a bunch of people were protesting any military action the U. S. might do. They were marching down streets holding signs and documenting it all. I hope it gets some press because, you have really only heard one side of the arguement. I think you'd be surprised of how many people don't want to go to war.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

I don't think ANYBODY wants to go to war, but sometimes it's unavoidable.

Any alternative suggestions? A trial? Special Ops? Do nothing? A slap on the wrist?
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think some who want military action would never set foot in battle. So it's easy for them to condemn it to someone else, and if you're not with them, you're not serving your country. Then why don't they go to battle? They want it so bad, why don't they do it? But they won't, and dictate that you are a coward. If there is war, which I hope is unlikely, I guarantee you most of those peole won't go to war. Whether they are too important, rich, or old they'll defend. But if they wan it they should serve their words, I don't care their defense. I don't think the majority of America's youth wants to fight.

As for punishment, it's hard to say. If Bin Laden is responsible, I might even think he and the orginizers of the attack should be killed, instead of thousands of innocent people. But still, that won't stop other terrorists trying to evnge Bin Laden's death.

[ September 22, 2001 at 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Sleepless Nights ]

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Like home said, war isn't something anyone wants. People who prostest it don't understand that. There's no peaceful resolution. If there was, we'd pursue it. Even if we did nothing, these attacks would go on and blood would be spilled.

Peace has its price, and that price is war.

Let'em protest, and express their ignorance. What goes around comes around, and its our turn this time.