Register
    Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You are playing a gig, you take a break, and some jackass asks if it's ok for him to play a song with your band on the next set?

I had this happem to me the last gig I played. I asked the guy how long he's been playing and then asked him some technical drumming question. He answered them like I expected. So I said, sure, but for ONLY one song. So the song starts, and OMG!!! This guy is worse than your average backyard hack. He held the sticks like they were branches, and hit the cymbals like they were street manhole covers! What a fucking hack man. I laughed at first, but then I got very pissed!!! I know I'm rambling.

I have NEVER asked to sit in on a gig purely out of respect of the guys up on stage. I just don't understand these people that have the nerve to ask "Hey man, I'm a drummer too, can I play for a few songs on the next set?"

I'll never say yes again!

------------------
    VHLinks.com Graphics Dude
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    VHForums.com "This is home, the only one I know" BFFF

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Same thing has happened to me...especially when I was a sax player...I hate the dudes who come in stylin' big time and then suck ass when it matters...These are the same dilrods who go to GuitarCenter and try to impress everyone because they play Enter Sandman(usually wrong)...

YES. it's rude...that kind of bush league stuff is for open mic nights or karaoke bars...

------------------
    You ain't a Van Halen fan??!!??

PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE AND STEP AWAY...VERY...VERY...SLOWLY!!!

VoodooQueen
    Yeah it sounds really rude to me but your story is hilarious!! Manhole covers?! LOL!!

------------------
    "Van Halen is a band-not the Sammy Hagar show, not the Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen or Michael Anthony show. We could be called Piss for all I care, but we are a band" -Edward Van Halen

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

04.20.05 @ 02:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'd say RUDE for sure! Who busted their ass to get the gig in the first place, and then put in the rehersal time to gain the respect of the crowd and the club owner?

Unless you know of the guy's chops by reputation, I'd never let someone on my stage. Now how's that for stuck up!

TT, sometimes I'll say sure, then never give them an opportunity, but most of the time I say no way. Of course, lately we've learned that taking a break equals major crowd dispersment, so we usually go for the whole 2.5 hours straight!

------------------
    RLRR LRLL