Register
    Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Any of you drummers ever use these? They are aluminum sticks made by Easton, makers of aluminum bats for Little Leaguers and college baseball. I have. They are great, but I've actually broken every pair I've ever owned. Ususally after only 2 months of use. What does everybody else think of these sticks? I eventually went back to wook. The wood have more crack, and the stick never felt like it was going to sink into the ride cymbal bell while I hit it. The AHEAD sticks felt this way sometimes.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Yeah Top, I used a Lars pair, and a Tommy Lee pair. I like to use Corpsmaster by Vic Firth for my rock stuff. The light weight fast Police type tunes, I use my AHEAD Lars sticks. I do agree with ya bro, the wood sticks do sound the best. I kinda got used to using my Ahead sticks for abit, but they seem to me now to be a bit too light. Just my opinion though. Out

Last Online

06.18.08 @ 08:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah - I use the Rock model of Ahead sticks and I absolutely LOVE them. I've used em since June of 1998, I have 4 pairs and I've only broken 2 sticks ever...because of prolonged usage, chips under the changeable taper sleeves, etc...I love the feel. Not as much shock to my hands as wood sticks, I feel a fuller sound out of my drums and I like the "bounce" i get out of my cymbals. They are pricy at like $29 per pair on average, but they more than make up for that because all you have to do is replace the sleeves when they wear out (for like 3 bucks a pair)...I dunno - I love em. Plus the gloves look great! Hope this helped. I've even tried to go back to wood, but I just love the Eastons!

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Any of you ever try Alex's signature Regal Tip sticks? I tried em but I dont like them much. They are waaay too long for their thin diameter. They are 17.75" long and .570 diameter (like a thicker 5A)...very strange. I felt like they were gonna break all the time but they are very strong so they just feel really really rigid - lots of knuckle shock factor there! lol and then they seem to become sawdust very quickly in my hands because they were too thin for me. Any comments on this? Al used to use Regal Tip 3S (TREE TRUNK THICK marching sticks) I wonder why he went to such thin sticks after those. Also anyone ever try and do up his snare head configuration? the best I've gotten is a Remo Clear Black Dot head with some electrical/rubber tape underneath cranked reasonably snug.

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

AVHMachIII, first let me welcome you to the forums! Great post BTW! I've never tries Al's Regal sticks just for the fact of how long they are. I almost got the Al snare sound by cranking a coated Remo C.S. dot underneath with a duct tape triangle underneath cranked tight. I'll never be able to duplicate the Al sound, but it's close. Keep posting bro, this is the best Van Halen related board on the internet!! Welcome!

------------------
    VHLinks.com graphics dude

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Top Timmy! Yeah, I kind of got it to a similar sound, but I want my own sound with my drums too...Thanks for the welcome - this board ROCKS!