Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Romeo Delight, HAIL
    Last Online

03.29.12 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Where can I find keyboard tablature for VH songs? I know that there is guitar tablature everywhere for VH, but I am looking for keyboard stuff. I am looking for Jump and I'll Wait specifically. Any help is appreciated. Thanks alot!!!!!
    "'DLR Band' means Dave, Lowery, and Ray. I named it that because it sounds more like a band then 'David Lee Roth', which just sounds like a person. When you hear 'David Lee Roth'--you think of a person. When you hear 'DLR Band'--you think of a band. Just like when you hear 'Eddie Van Halen' you think of a person, and when you hear 'Van Halen'--you think of David Lee Roth." - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If I had anything to say, I'd be the f*cking singer." - Edward Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

01.15.14 @ 05:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by vhjay:
    Where can I find keyboard tablature for VH songs? I know that there is guitar tablature everywhere for VH, but I am looking for keyboard stuff. I am looking for Jump and I'll Wait specifically. Any help is appreciated. Thanks alot!!!!!
    You mean notation right? I don't think there's such a thing as keyboard tab...when guitar for the practicing musician produced Van Halen music they would often notate the keyboard part arranged for guitar. How's that?

bk
    A headless body in a topless bar...

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the One
    Last Online

02.26.08 @ 08:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I work the keyboard parts out for myself and "tab them out" so I can learn it and play it back but it's just a system I came up with.
    Really basic.
    It works for me though
    <b>Obey the DFK!!</b><br /><br />"Teacher needs to see me after school"

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Jump
    Last Online

05.03.13 @ 05:38 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, they have to have it somewhere.... I'm looking for those two songs myself..
    Minnesota Vikings KICK ASS!!!! All other teams get their water.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by badkaraoke:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by vhjay:
    You mean notation right? I don't think there's such a thing as keyboard tab...when guitar for the practicing musician produced Van Halen music they would often notate the keyboard part arranged for guitar. How's that?

bk
    </font>[/QUOTE]there was actually a keyboard tab system that some chick came up with a while ago but it never caught on, it goes like so, each octave on the keyboard is given a number 1,2,3,4 then each key in that octave is given a sub number 1 thru 12 in each octave (that includes the black keys) too bad they don't print tab like that for non readers like me.
    Rol.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the One
    Last Online

02.26.08 @ 08:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by rolsguitars:
    there was actually a keyboard tab system that some chick came up with a while ago but it never caught on, it goes like so, each octave on the keyboard is given a number 1,2,3,4 then each key in that octave is given a sub number 1 thru 12 in each octave (that includes the black keys) too bad they don't print tab like that for non readers like me.
    Rol.
    That's kinda like my system but I use the note letters A-G with flats and sharps too eg C2 means the second C note on my keyboard.

It looks like a real mess sometimes but it's just a quick reference so I can learn it and practice.
    Like the way I tab things out for guitar, it's quicker to look at the notes on paper and practice, than it is to work it all out each time.

I can't sight-read music but I know what all the notes are so I just take some time to work 'em out and "translate"

Then, instead of looking at funny squiggles and dots, I've got note letters and positions.
    It makes it a lot easier, really.

Try it out [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    <b>Obey the DFK!!</b><br /><br />"Teacher needs to see me after school"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

01.15.14 @ 05:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by atomicpunk2001:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rolsguitars:
    there was actually a keyboard tab system that some chick came up with a while ago but it never caught on, it goes like so, each octave on the keyboard is given a number 1,2,3,4 then each key in that octave is given a sub number 1 thru 12 in each octave (that includes the black keys) too bad they don't print tab like that for non readers like me.
    Rol.
    That's kinda like my system but I use the note letters A-G with flats and sharps too eg C2 means the second C note on my keyboard.
    </font>[/QUOTE]This C2 system of yours is fairly close to terminology that keyboard players actually use. When guitar is notated they'll sometimes indicate neck position with roman numerals, to let you know the string voicing they had intended for a passage.

I'd never seen keyboard tablature and I was unaware of its existance so thanks - that was really cool. It's so easy to learn the notes on the piano that I can't see myself ever using it really, but I'll try and remember. I know a lot of people that have taught themselves to play piano by ear though...there were some great jazz pianists that learned this way, for example.

bk
    A headless body in a topless bar...

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

Originally posted by vhjay:
    dude, send a pm or email to lead synth, she'd know

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw