Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

R.E.M. are at work on their thirteenth studio album, which they plan to release next year. "We're writing zillions of songs and pieces of songs, and patching them all together," says singer Michael Stipe. "Themes are starting to emerge, and it sounds like it's taking off from the last couple of records into unchartered R.E.M. territory. Kind of primitive and howling. For me, a very exciting trip."
    The album will be Stipe, guitarist Peter Buck and bassist Mike Mills' follow-up to last year's Reveal and their third recording since the departure of drummer Bill Berry. R.E.M. spent a week in June doing pre-production in their hometown of Athens, Georgia, and plan on resuming recording when Buck finishes touring with the Minus 5 in the opening slot on the Wilco bill.

While fans wait for the record to move toward completion, R.E.M. plan to re-release Reveal and Automatic for the People in DVD audio format on October 15th. Both DVDs will feature behind-the-scenes footage of the making of the albums.

Stipe completists can also look ahead to the October 1st release of To Understand: The Early Recordings of Matthew Sweet. Included in the compilation is the song "Tainted Obligation" a Stipe/Sweet duet recorded under the name "Community Trolls," which features Stipe on accordion.

COLIN DEVENISH
    (September 6, 2002)

[ September 13, 2002, 03:50 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

ANTHRAX Pays Tribute To The Victims And Salutes The Heroes Of 9/11 - Sep. 6, 2002

The following is an official press release from the ANTHRAX camp:

"The tragedies of last fall affected our band like no other. Our nation, our city, our friends and even our name came under attack. Throughout the history of our band we have never been afraid to defend who we are and what we stand for. For one day only, on Wednesday September 11, 2002, we would like to invite you to help us pay tribute to the fallen, and to the heroes who helped us stand again, by playing our new song 'Refuse To Be Denied' loud and strong. The song will be available in RealMedia audio at our web site: www.anthrax.com

"The name of the song says it all and we hope you will agree. Look for 'Refuse To Be Denied' on our new album, We've Come For You All, in early 2003."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

ROB ZOMBIE Lends Vocal Talents To 'Spider-Man' Cartoon - Sep. 6, 2002

Rob Zombie will lend his vocal talents to the upcoming television cartoon Spider-Man: The Animated Series, due to hit airwaves in 2003 on MTV. The singer will provide the voice for the character of Dr. Curt Connors (a.k.a. The Lizard).

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Red Dragon Update
    Friday, September 6, 2002 9:12 CDT

USA Today spoke a little bit about Red Dragon and how Universal is expecting it to be big:

In Hannibal history, Dragon takes place before the 1991 Oscar-winning The Silence of the Lambs and last year's box office hit Hannibal. The dapper villain will be younger, but there will be no attempt to make Hopkins look more youthful. The filmmakers figure audiences will accept it.

They also believe moviegoers will overlook the fact that they've seen the story before as Manhunter, the 1986 movie made from Thomas Harris' 1981 book. (Scottish actor Brian Cox played Hannibal.) The new version does have an impressive cast: Ralph Fiennes, Edward Norton, Emily Watson and Philip Seymour Hoffman.

"The relationship between the Ralph Fiennes and Emily Watson characters is one of the most frightening I've seen on film in a long time," Fogelson says.

Though the previous entry, Hannibal, was a blockbuster, many saw it as an artistic comedown from Lambs. Yet no one thinks that will cool Dragon's fire. In fact, Dragon is likely to increase moviegoing in general and boost the popularity of other films. The catch is that it won't be released until Oct. 4.

"If we can make it through September, we'll have a good October," says Phil Zacheretti of Knoxville-based chain Phoenix Theatres.

Cinescape also talks to director Brett Ratner:

“It makes my skin crawl when people say, ‘Oh, you’re doing a remake of MANHUNTER,” Ratner told us. “It really isn’t. If you know the book well, MANHUNTER doesn’t even end at all like the book – it’s like nothing like it. Michael Mann made MANHUNTER [F.B.I. profiler] Will Graham’s story but it’s really not. It’s mostly [serial killer] Dolarhyde’s story, and that’s what I did. Also, MANHUNTER doesn’t incorporate the idea that [Dolarhyde] had a facial disfigurement, a cleft palate, that he had that huge tattoo on his back. You didn’t know why he was a serial killer. The book explained his history and background, and that’s what we do in our movie.”

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

BILLY MILANO: ANTHRAX's SCOTT IAN Is A Soulless Bloodsucker With Zero Integrity - Sep. 8, 2002

Former S.O.D. and current M.O.D. frontman Billy Milano has accused ANTHRAX of attempting to capitalize on the 9/11 tragedy in order to promote their forthcoming album, We've Come For You All.

"What those Arab scumbags did on September 11th is bad enough, but this shit is a fucking disgrace," Milano stated, apparently referring to ANTHRAX's planned airing of a new song called "Refuse To Be Denied" via their official web site to commemorate the World Trade Center tragedy. "I actually saw [ANTHRAX drummer] Charlie [Benante] twice at Ozzfest and was planning on hooking up for dinner. Until this!!! All their statement proves to me is that [ANTHRAX guitarist] Scott Ian is a fucking ridiculous, soulless bloodsucker who has ZERO integrity. I honestly feel sorry for these guys."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

From www.comingsoon.net

We've received word from reliable scooper 'Bateman' that Austin Powers series & Meet the Parents helmer Jay Roach is moving forward to direct Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn in the futuristic comedy Used Guys, from a script by Mickey Birnbaum.

Roach, who's sequel Meet the Fokkers is also in pre-production, will direct the pair in the buddy sci-fi comedy set in a near-future L.A. in which women buy and trade men like used cars. The film was originally written in 1998 and recently put into turnaround at Columbia.

The two names, Stiller & Vaughn, had been mentioned together before, as Vaughn was being eyed to join Stiller in the big screen remake of Starsky and Hutch. That role has reportedly been filled by Owen Wilson instead.

Stiller previously said about Vaughn, "We definitely want to do a movie together. I think he's so funny."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

PAPA ROACH Frontman Did Not Drink Urine Onstage: PEPSI Spokesperson - Sep. 8, 2002

PAPA ROACH frontman Jacoby Shaddix did not urinate in a bottle, sip from it, and then share it with a woman in the audience during the band's appearance at Boston club the Middle East on Wednesday, August 14th, according to a spokesperson for Pepsi, who recently signed up the group to help launch its Pepsi Blue drink.

"It's not true," the spokesman told the New York Daily News. "It was not urine."

Just a week after the cola company canned its deal with X-rated rapper LUDACRIS, Pepsi are doing their best to explain the raunchy antics of PAPA ROACH, who have cavorted on a Playboy web site and appeared in an adult film.

"That was so long ago, and we wish it never happened," Shaddix told the newspaper, referring to the band's involvement in Backstage Sluts 3. The 2000 flick featured the band throwing deli meat at a naked woman.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

KURT COBAIN's Childhood Home To Be Auctioned Off - Sep. 8, 2002

The childhood home of late NIRVANA mainman Kurt Cobain, located at 413 Fleet St. South in Montesano, Washington, is being auctioned off via eBay, with the minimum bid accepted set at $200,000.

According to a note posted at the auction page, Kurt lived in this home on Fleet St. from age eleven to fifteen, and the inspiration for lyrics of many of his songs were derived from life in Montesano during these early teen years.

The details of the home are as follows:

- 5,000 square ft. lot
    - 2,313 square ft. house including basement
    - 4 bedrooms
    - 2 bath
    - large living room
    - fireplace
    - woodstove
    - two stories (plus unfinished basement)
    - good condition, but needs some interior remodeling work
    - Many areas of the house have not been changed since Kurt lived here.
    - Kurt's room has a nautical look. It was fashioned to look like a ship with a rounded door and wood interior as in a Captain's quarters.

For more details of Kurt's life in this home, see pages 23-37 in Kurt Cobain's biography, Heavier Than Heaven, by Charles R. Cross.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

KID ROCK/PAMELA ANDERSON Love Car To Be Auctioned Off - Sep. 8, 2002

The following article appeared in today's edition of the New York Daily News:

The 1961 pink Cadillac that Kid Rock and Pamela Anderson recently rented when he proposed to the buxom actress can now be yours. The Caddy, once owned by boxing champion Sonny Liston and now by one (Buffalo) Jim Barrier, will be auctioned off on eBay, and will come with a bonus: two plastic Champagne glasses left in the car after Rock popped the question in the desert outside Las Vegas last April.

"With all that money he makes, they used those cheap plastic Champagne glasses?" said Barrier.

The current owner still has a beef with the Kid, who rented the car and returned it to Las Vegas with the engine blown out. Barrier was stuck paying for repairs, reports the Las Vegas Review Journal. "If he's going to do that to me, I'll get even. He's coming to town with AEROSMITH in November. I think I'll be in the front row," warned Barrier.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

IRON MAIDEN Singer Enjoys Second Career As Pilot - Sep. 8, 2002

IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson is hitting new heights in his second career as a commercial airline pilot, according to the Associated Press.

"It's a great job," Dickinson told The Daily Telegraph. "Nothing else compares."

Charter airline Astraeus confirmed that Dickinson, 44, serves as first officer on Boeing 737s flying between Britain and holiday destinations in Europe, North Africa and the Middle East.

"We have had IRON MAIDEN fans on board who, when they heard my name being announced as first officer, asked the hostesses if it was the rock star," Dickinson said.

"When told it was, they spent the flight with their jaws on the floor then ask if they can have a chat with me."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

BATMAN mythos drama hits the air in four short weeks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dateline: Friday, September 6, 2002

By: CHRISTOPHER ALLAN SMITH
    By: News Editor
    Source: The WB

October 9 sees the arrival of what the WB hopes will be the second coming of SMALLVILLE, in the form of another youth-oriented action/drama based on a popular DC comics mythos. That mythos would be BATMAN and the show is BIRDS OF PREY. It stars Ashley Scott, Dina Meyer and Rachel Skarsten as The Huntress, The Oracle and a "maybe-soon-to-be" Black Canary respectively. The WB has released some more art from the show’s first episode, which sets up how these three decided to fight crime in the city Batman calls his home.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Lil' Kim Swings Her Guns and Roses
    Sunday, September 8, 2002 11:21 CDT

According to The Hollywood Reporter, hip-hop star Lil' Kim is set to star in the indie urban Western Guns and Roses. The film, written and directed by Jean Claude LaMarre (Higher Ed), is currently in production and features a cast that also includes singer Bobby Brown, LisaRaye, Monica Calhoun, Marie Matiko and Louis Mandylor.

Set in the 1800s, the period action film follows the turbulent journey of five female outlaws who are fighting to avenge the murder of one of their own.

Combining elements of classic spaghetti Westerns with the gritty world of hip-hop, "Guns" is now shooting in Los Angeles.

Got your hopes up, didn't I? [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

[ September 09, 2002, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

No Three Triplets Me, Myself and Irene Spinoff
    Sunday, September 8, 2002 9:09 CDT

Anthony Anderson put the kibosh on any rumors about the development of a Three Triplets spinoff from the supporting characters of Me, Myself and Irene. Anderson played one of three African-American sons to the multiple-personalitied Jim Carrey, and they stole so many scenes that talk of their own film began. But now Anderson doubts that will come to fruition.

"I don't think it's going to happen," Anderson said. "One of the guys is crazy. He has what Jim Carrey had in the movie, so until he seeks medical help, I can't work with him."

Joking aside, Anderson added, "Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to happen and now I think too much time as passed to even come back with that now."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

NEWS - Matchbox Twenty's Next Album In November?
    09/09/2002

(9/9/02, 12 p.m. ET) -- Matchbox Twenty is currently working on the follow-up to its four-times-platinum 2000 release, Mad Season. The group looks to issue the album before the end of the year, a tentative release date currently being November 19, according to a spokesperson for the group.

Upon sitting down to write for the next album, frontman Rob Thomas told LAUNCH that it was hard to tell how much effect 9/11 would have on the character on the songs. Still, he said, there was no denying that it would likely have some effect.

He told LAUNCH, "A lot of people have reevaluated, you know, and a lot of people have tried to find out what it was that's important. I think everybody just has that sense now of, 'Wow, look how fortunate I am. God how lucky am I to have things like air.'"

-- Neal Weiss, Los Angeles

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

AEROSMITH Frontman's Ex-Wife Loses Battle With Brain Cancer - Sep. 9, 2002

The following item was published in today's edition of the New York Daily News:

Cyrinda Foxe-Tyler, ex-wife of rocker Steven Tyler, has lost her battle with brain cancer and will be laid to rest today.

Last night, the former Andy Warhol actress, who wrote a sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll tell-all about her marriage to the AEROSMITH frontman, was waked on the upper East Side.

Tyler paid his respects at Frank E. Campbell Funeral Home on Madison Ave., just as visitations for former Mayor Rudy Giuliani's mother, Helen, were in progress.

Foxe-Tyler, who is the mother of Tyler's plus-size model daughter, Mia, split with the musician in the 1980s.

Even though she painted a sometimes unflattering portrait of Tyler in her book and waged an unsuccessful legal battle to publish nude pictures of him, the two made peace after she became ill.

Tyler paid for all of his ex-wife's medical expenses, even donating an electric guitar for a fund-raiser in her name.

On Aug. 28, Foxe-Tyler married another musician, Keith Waa, in a private bedside ceremony at the Gramercy Park Hotel, where she had been staying while undergoing cancer treatment. "She's very sick, and we wanted to do it before it was too late," Waa told the Daily News at the time.