hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/07/05/ira...eut/index.html

looks like this one is starting to become lot more of a reality now

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

The whole middle east should go the way of Atlantis and just fuckin disappear.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The DoD is using the "Eddie Van Halen Strategy". That's where you keep talking about doing something but never actually do it. The Bath Party probably has a message board like this one with "Rumors and Speculation" and a "Iraq-Non-U.S. Invasion Forum". The idea is to give the Iraqis ulcers, just lie I've got waiting for the next VH album. This may actually work.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

DLR: 1984 Sammy: FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

DLR: So This is Love, Sammy: The Dream Is Over, Gary: That\'s Why I Love You
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Mario VH:
    The whole middle east should go the way of Atlantis and just fuckin disappear.
    nice to see someone with an enlightened opinion on the subject instead of just ignorant prejudice

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

nice to see someone with an enlightened opinion on the subject instead of just ignorant prejudice
    Who the hell are you to call me ignorant or prejudice? I'm just sick of all the fighting and destruction going on in this region of the world not to mention the fact that it's being brought to this part of the globe. If people don't want peace what the fuck are you going to do about it other then get completely exhausted about the situation. I'm not painting everyone with the same brush but I am stating that we'd be a lot better off without the bull shit coming from the middle east. Get off your soap box and get a wiff of reality.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Mario VH:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> nice to see someone with an enlightened opinion on the subject instead of just ignorant prejudice
    Who the hell are you to call me ignorant or prejudice? I'm just sick of all the fighting and destruction going on in this region of the world not to mention the fact that it's being brought to this part of the globe. If people don't want peace what the fuck are you going to do about it other then get completely exhausted about the situation. I'm not painting everyone with the same brush but I am stating that we'd be a lot better off without the bull shit coming from the middle east. Get off your soap box and get a wiff of reality. </font>[/QUOTE]who the hell am i to call you ignorant or prejudice? i'm someone who read your post with no indepth thought in it. you ARE painting everyone with the same brush by equating a few people in a few middle eastern countries with everyone in the whole region. the majority of people in the middle east DO want peace, it is the few who don't that cause the problems. by your way of thinking maybe it would just be better for every country with peace problems to "fucking disappear". say goodbye to ireland and great britain, the balkans, the former ussr, china and east timor.....the list goes on. if you're going to make comments like that then back them up with reason and thought.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

The problems in the middle east have been going on for generations so your comment about it being a few people is ridiculous. My first statement about "going the way of Atlantis" perhaps was too much of a generalization and if that's how you interpreted it I apologize. As I mentioned in my second post the feuding and destruction has grown to the point of sheer exhaustion for many including myself. How long can we try to preach peace to these people if they don't want it or can't agree on how to acheive it? The middle east isn't Ireland, Great Britain or China. It directly effected us with the results of 9/11. The fighting wasn't confined to their own soil but was brought to the U.S directly.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

just to clarify a few points from my posts:

1: by "a few people" i meant that the majority of people in these countries want peace, therefore it is the few that don't. i was not referring to the total number throughout history.

2: the reason i reacted strongly to your first post is because i have good friends from various middle eastern nations including jordan and lebanon - two of the worst countries for problems. none of my friends or anyone they know want anything to do with violence. perhaps you didn't mean it to sound as strongly as it did but i took it as an insult against my friends and their nations and so defended them.

3: september 11 was the first time a major terrorist threat has hit north america and so people there are shocked to see something from another country directly affecting them. however this is what always happens in these types of conflicts and although it may be easier for the countries to disappear it's hardly a good attitude to take. i've lived my entire life with the threat of ira bombs but i don't have the attitude that ireland should just disappear. these conflicts would be solved a lot quicker if everyone was fully educated on the reasons for fighting and tried to rationally sort things out. unfortunately some people take the attitude of ignoring the problem and hoping it disappears and others use violence.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I agree with everything you said in your last post. My first statement may have been a little too strong and I can understand why you had the reaction you did. I just wish the bloodshed and fighting would come to an end. It seems pointless to me to take peoples lives based on matters such as religious differences. I just can't understand where some peoples heads are at.

[ July 08, 2002, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Mario VH ]

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

Originally posted by Bammo:
    ... by your way of thinking maybe it would just be better for every country with peace problems to "fucking disappear". say goodbye to ireland and great britain, the balkans, the former ussr, china and east timor.....the list goes on. [/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree, say goodbye to all you worthless, ingrate peasants!!!
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

bammo,

i don't remember any towers coming down in your country bro. it's different here, which includes north america

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Too often I see one person make a post that isn't popular, and get knocked around a little for it. I don't intend this to be like that but I'd like to respond to it with a different view but civilly.

Originally posted by Bammo:
    just to clarify a few points from my posts:

1: by "a few people" i meant that the majority of people in these countries want peace, therefore it is the few that don't. i was not referring to the total number throughout history.
    Majority of people maybe, and really....MAYBE, but I'd flip a coin on it.

2: the reason i reacted strongly to your first post is because i have good friends from various middle eastern nations including jordan and lebanon - two of the worst countries for problems. none of my friends or anyone they know want anything to do with violence. perhaps you didn't mean it to sound as strongly as it did but i took it as an insult against my friends and their nations and so defended them.
    My only suggestion would be to separate yourself emotionally from what is right and wrong. Nothing wrong with having friends from there. Nothing wrong with pointing blame at governments for housing terrorism either...and subsequently, for wanting to erradicate those governments. Along with that, comes people getting hurt. Thats war. Thats the price. That country's govn't needs to hold all acountability for it too, for their activities and the things they allow and or condone.

3: september 11 was the first time a major terrorist threat has hit north america and so people there are shocked to see something from another country directly affecting them. however this is what always happens in these types of conflicts and although it may be easier for the countries to disappear it's hardly a good attitude to take.
    It's probably the only attitude you are ever going to see this country take. One of the reasons why we are never fucked with, and hopefully, won't be fucked with anymore.

i've lived my entire life with the threat of ira bombs but i don't have the attitude that ireland should just disappear. these conflicts would be solved a lot quicker if everyone was fully educated on the reasons for fighting and tried to rationally sort things out. unfortunately some people take the attitude of ignoring the problem and hoping it disappears and others use violence.
    Violence is used when another side fails to see (or chooses to ignore, or refuses to change)the needs/demands/wants/desires of the force uniting against them. I always see your way of solving things in the beggining. Violence is rarely first, if ever. At some point, your way either works or does not work. Violence is the next step in the progression of resolution.

Buildings fall on the soil here, asses will be kicked. The policy seems to be one that I agree with. Clean up your own backyard, or else we will do it for you and clean you up with it. It's pretty simple. House, allow or condone terrorists and their groups/actiities = USA target. Thats just what happens when its brought here, and I'm all for it. I have two friends from persia. They know the way I think and they respect it. They hold their governments accountable, not me for the way I think. Their momma done raised them boys right aw reckon.

[ July 08, 2002, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: seenbad ]
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by seenbad:
    Nothing wrong with pointing blame at governments for housing terrorism either...and subsequently, for wanting to erradicate those governments.
    Any action against Iraq has nothing to do with terrorism, and everything to do with WMD development.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by MikeL:
    Any action against Iraq has nothing to do with terrorism, and everything to do with WMD development.
    Your view on that may change when all the information surfaces regarding the Iraq connection to the Oklahoma City bombing. It's slowly coming out that McVeigh and Nichols had numerous ties to Iraqi terrorists.

While an attack on Iraq may be a little late, it can still be qualified as an anti-terrorism offensive.

Also, Hussein was given strict orders regarding the development of certain weapons, yet he has denied the U.N. inspectors access again and again. If he wasn't up to something he oughtn't be, there'd be no reason to bar them from their assignment. Considering his track record, attacking him makes sense to me.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by MikeL:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by seenbad:
    Nothing wrong with pointing blame at governments for housing terrorism either...and subsequently, for wanting to erradicate those governments.
    Any action against Iraq has nothing to do with terrorism, and everything to do with WMD development.</font>[/QUOTE]With regard to Hussein, there's absolutely no difference here...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...